Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2009, 07:49 AM

380 posts, read 1,145,281 times

Advertisements

Believe it or not!
There is a town in Wyoming that wanted to change its name to a rock and roll band.
name of town and who is that band?
I will be busy today so I can't check answer Untill tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 09:50 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,049,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claim Jumper View Post
Believe it or not!
There is a town in Wyoming that wanted to change its name to a rock and roll band.
name of town and who is that band?
I will be busy today so I can't check answer Untill tonight.
The Spoof : Led Zeppelin: Ten Little Known Facts funny spoof magazine story

Quote:
3. The town of Meeteetse, Wyoming, in 2007 voted to change the town's name to Led Zeppelin, Wyoming.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
I'm not sure what you are saying with this photo Jody, please explain.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:53 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,286,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I'm not sure what you are saying with this photo Jody, please explain.
say you had your morning coffee up by that sign , well if you took a little walk and let go of some of that coffee if you went north a bit the water would run into the Greys,Snake, Columbia then a pacific ocean . To the west it would run down Smith’s Fork to the Bear River to the Great Salt Lake, and the south east down LaBarge Creek to the Green then to the pacific ocean. Was just a point after the Question about the Gulf of Mexico

Old 10-04-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claim Jumper View Post
I kid you not i was just joking!
I guess I was to generous in interpreting your response. I will be more critical next time.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:03 PM

380 posts, read 1,145,281 times
ok your turn capnRon

Old 10-05-2009, 09:27 AM

Default First Brewery in Wyoming

Q: According to this web page Sweetwater Brewery The first brewery in Wyoming was
Quote:
The Sweetwater Brewery, also known as the Green River Brewery, was built in 1900 in Green River, Wyoming It was the first brewery in Wyoming, with operations dating to 1872 when Adam Braun began the business, the first of a series of ethnic German brewers.
It also appears to be listed in the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP).

BUT, there is another city that also claims it was the site of the first brewery in Wyoming, where is it and what is its history?

Old 10-05-2009, 01:07 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times
Quote:
Q: According to this web page Sweetwater Brewery The first brewery in Wyoming was It also appears to be listed in the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP).

BUT, there is another city that also claims it was the site of the first brewery in Wyoming, where is it and what is its history?
Atlantic City. in 1868. It's now a ghost town.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:50 PM

That is right! You got it ElkHunter!

I found all of these references below saying Atlantic City had the first brewery. But the last one, a That is right! You got it ElkHunter!

I found all of these references below saying Atlantic City had the first brewery.

A book titled "Progressive men of the State of Wyoming" By A.W. Bowen & Co.
Progressive men of the state of ... - Google Books

Indicates that "John T. Huff ... from 1873 to 1885 he conducted the brewery. " in Atlantic City.

That date is about 2 years later then the date claimed by the Sweetwater Brewery. So the claim may belong to Green River, but I'm not certain of it. Other references below indicate the Atlantic City brewery began in 1868. I wonder which is right?

REFERENCES:

Atlantic City , Wyoming "Atlantic City Tour
1. Beer Garden Gulch. To the east lies Beer Garden Gulch, so named because of the two breweries that operated during Atlantic City’s early years. Nothing remains of the extensive saloons, gaming houses, and red light district. Only the stream, which provided the water for Wyoming’s first brewery, still exists."

HISTORIC AMERICAN BUILDINGS SURVEY - ATLANTIC CITY http://memory.loc.gov/pnp/habshaer/wy/wy0000/wy0054/data/wy0054.pdf (broken link) "Atlantic City had the first brewery in Wyoming."

Atlantic City--Wyoming Tales and Trails "Atlantic City - The town claimed the honor of having the first brewery in the Territory."

Atlantic City | Jackson Hole | Fodor's Travel Guides "Atlantic City was where Wyoming Territory's first brewery opened in the late 1860s."

Book "Rocky Mountains"*By Mason Florence, Marisa Gierlich, Andrew Dean Nystrom page 439. Rocky Mountains - Google Books "Founded in 1868 by miners from South Pass, it once boasted an opera house and the first brewery in the territory."

Ghost Towns of Wyoming Atlantic City was founded in 1868, by Tozier, Collins & Thompson. At one time the town supposedly attained a population of 2,000, although the 1870 census only reflected a population of 321 whites and 4 blacks. The town claimed the honor of having the first brewery in the Territory.

Book "Progressive men of the State of Wyoming" By A.W. Bowen & Co.
Progressive men of the state of ... - Google Books " John T. Huff ... from 1873 to 1885 he conducted the brewery. "

Last edited by CptnRn; 10-05-2009 at 02:32 PM..

Old 10-05-2009, 03:47 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times
Quote:
That is right! You got it ElkHunter!

I found all of these references below saying Atlantic City had the first brewery. But the last one, a That is right! You got it ElkHunter!

I found all of these references below saying Atlantic City had the first brewery.

A book titled "Progressive men of the State of Wyoming" By A.W. Bowen & Co.
Progressive men of the state of ... - Google Books

Indicates that "John T. Huff ... from 1873 to 1885 he conducted the brewery. " in Atlantic City.

That date is about 2 years later then the date claimed by the Sweetwater Brewery. So the claim may belong to Green River, but I'm not certain of it. Other references below indicate the Atlantic City brewery began in 1868. I wonder which is right?

REFERENCES:

Atlantic City , Wyoming "Atlantic City Tour
1. Beer Garden Gulch. To the east lies Beer Garden Gulch, so named because of the two breweries that operated during Atlantic City’s early years. Nothing remains of the extensive saloons, gaming houses, and red light district. Only the stream, which provided the water for Wyoming’s first brewery, still exists."

HISTORIC AMERICAN BUILDINGS SURVEY - ATLANTIC CITY http://memory.loc.gov/pnp/habshaer/wy/wy0000/wy0054/data/wy0054.pdf (broken link) "Atlantic City had the first brewery in Wyoming."

Atlantic City--Wyoming Tales and Trails "Atlantic City - The town claimed the honor of having the first brewery in the Territory."

Atlantic City | Jackson Hole | Fodor's Travel Guides "Atlantic City was where Wyoming Territory's first brewery opened in the late 1860s."

Book "Rocky Mountains"*By Mason Florence, Marisa Gierlich, Andrew Dean Nystrom page 439. Rocky Mountains - Google Books "Founded in 1868 by miners from South Pass, it once boasted an opera house and the first brewery in the territory."

Ghost Towns of Wyoming Atlantic City was founded in 1868, by Tozier, Collins & Thompson. At one time the town supposedly attained a population of 2,000, although the 1870 census only reflected a population of 321 whites and 4 blacks. The town claimed the honor of having the first brewery in the Territory.

Book "Progressive men of the State of Wyoming" By A.W. Bowen & Co.
Progressive men of the state of ... - Google Books " John T. Huff ... from 1873 to 1885 he conducted the brewery. "
Hey, thanks for quoting all that stuff. Now I have to look up a different question.
Give me a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming