Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 08:31 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,147,856 times

Advertisements

I gotta guess here. Allen's boots? No clue as to the city.

King done a good job through the years. Red Rideout was my father in law. Great guy. Layed some leather down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 08:47 PM

49 posts, read 239,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I gotta guess here. Allen's boots? No clue as to the city.

King done a good job through the years. Red Rideout was my father in law. Great guy. Layed some leather down.

I may have worded the question poorly. Let me try again.

What city has several 8 foot tall fiberglass cowboy boots standing in differant areas downtown and how many are there standing around town.

Here is a hint... if you see an advertisement for that city, you are almost sure to see a picture of one of the boots... and they are always large and colorfull

Old 07-30-2009, 09:14 PM

2,467 posts, read 4,869,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpontiac80 View Post
I may have worded the question poorly. Let me try again.

What city has several 8 foot tall fiberglass cowboy boots standing in differant areas downtown and how many are there standing around town.

Here is a hint... if you see an advertisement for that city, you are almost sure to see a picture of one of the boots... and they are always large and colorfull
I think you are refering to the large Cowboy Boots that were painted by local and regional artists and displayed around town. The town that had these boots was Cheyenne and there was 26 boots originally and they were first displayed in 2004 and as of Aug. 2008 there was still 19 boots on display around the town.

There have been several towns across WY, that have had various artists paint lifesized fiberglass horses and were displayed around town. Sheridan was one of them and the horses were auctioned off as a fund raiser and some of the horses are still on display in various places around town.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:21 PM

49 posts, read 239,394 times
Correct... although I thought the number was 19. I did not realize that these were not permanant displays. It sounds as if they were removed?

I knew that they were painted to showcase Cheyenne's history and etc.
Here is a pic of one of them.. Either way, I've probably answered all that I can without cheating. But I like this thread! And ElkHunter... you really seem to know your history!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g40/mrpontiac80/100_2500.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-30-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpontiac80 View Post
Correct... although I thought the number was 19. I did not realize that these were not permanant displays. It sounds as if they were removed?

I knew that they were painted to showcase Cheyenne's history and etc.
Here is a pic of one of them.. Either way, I've probably answered all that I can without cheating. But I like this thread! And ElkHunter... you really seem to know your history!
Oh, I imagine that most are still on display somehwere around town, but are being displayed by the owners who bought them at the fund raiser.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:30 PM

Okay, so now here is another trivia question that resorts back to the question first asked by GeorgiainMT.

Nellie Tayloe Ross was the first woman to ever serve as Govenor not only in WY but in the United States. What else was she the first woman to become director of? Hint she was appointed by President FDR in 1933 to this position.

damn I got to think...... Mrs ester morris wore as calico dress. She also wore a green tie. Nellie ross?????? Damn, gotta work on that one. hahaha

Give me a second..... I cheated. AKA Nellie Davis Tayloe

Born: 29-Nov-1876
Birthplace: St. Joseph, MO
Died: 19-Dec-1977
Location of death: Washington, DC
Cause of death: unspecified
Remains: Buried, Lakeview Cemetery, Cheyenne, WY

Religion: Anglican/Episcopalian
Race or Ethnicity: White
Sexual orientation: Straight
Party Affiliation: Democratic

Nationality
Google did it for me, but my god did I turn up info.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 07-30-2009 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: spelled Nellie's middle name wrong

Old 07-30-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoquilter View Post
Okay, so now here is another trivia question that resorts back to the question first asked by GeorgiainMT.

Nellie Tayloe Ross was the first woman to ever serve as Govenor not only in WY but in the United States. What else was she the first woman to become director of? Hint she was appointed by President FDR in 1933 to this position.

damn I got to think...... Mrs ester morris wore as calico dress. She also wore a green tie. Nellie ross?????? Damn, gotta work on that one. hahaha

Give me a second..... I cheated. AKA Nellie Davis Tayloe

Born: 29-Nov-1876
Birthplace: St. Joseph, MO
Died: 19-Dec-1977
Location of death: Washington, DC
Cause of death: unspecified
Remains: Buried, Lakeview Cemetery, Cheyenne, WY

Religion: Anglican/Episcopalian
Race or Ethnicity: White
Sexual orientation: Straight
Party Affiliation: Democratic

Nationality
Google did it for me, but my god did I turn up info.
whoops. Hit edit instead of ....... Sorry about that.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:54 PM

Teapot dome. How old and who owns it?

Old 07-30-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Teapot dome. How old and who owns it?
Hey wait a minute you didn't answer my question.

the question was:

Old 07-31-2009, 12:38 PM

whoops, sorry. Wasn't she famous for prohibition? sp. I know she was an advocate and as a result wasn't real popular because of it. She lost re-ellection because of her beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming