Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 08:48 AM

278 posts, read 608,111 times

Advertisements

OK, my bad...The answer is 3. It was such a bad question, I dont even want to look up the years...

I will ask a different question..

This week, I had the pleasure of tasting one of the fine spirits from the Great State of Wyoming. A few of drinks that one might come across is the KOwboy Coolaid, the KOjo, and the KO Mustang. What is the name of the liqueur, and where is it made?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 10:51 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,263,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poletop View Post
OK, my bad...The answer is 3. It was such a bad question, I dont even want to look up the years...

I will ask a different question..

This week, I had the pleasure of tasting one of the fine spirits from the Great State of Wyoming. A few of drinks that one might come across is the KOwboy Coolaid, the KOjo, and the KO Mustang. What is the name of the liqueur, and where is it made?
That would be from the brothers 3. Robert, Jason & Justin Koltiska, Kolts Fine Spirits, Sheridan Wyoming.

KOwboy Coolaid
Combine 1.5 oz. of Koltiska Original or KO90, 3 oz. preferred energy drink and 1 oz. cranberry juice. Serve over ice or as a chilled shot!

KOjo
Combine 2 oz. of Koltiska Original or KO9 with 4 oz. of orange juice and serve over ice.

KO Mustang
Combine 1.5 oz. of Koltiska Original or KO90 with Margarita Mix and add a splash of preferred clear cola. Watch out--it Kicks!

Old 01-06-2012, 01:00 PM

278 posts, read 608,111 times
I had a feeling you would know the answer! I have just recently been seeing billboards posted around the state, and decided I had better try some...Look what you got yourself into EH, you get to ask the next question!!

Old 01-06-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poletop View Post
I had a feeling you would know the answer! I have just recently been seeing billboards posted around the state, and decided I had better try some...Look what you got yourself into EH, you get to ask the next question!!
hahah Thank Poletop. I've had one in waiting, just looking for the opportunity to ask it.

It really gets my goat to see people move into Wyoming wanting to buy a "Ranch". When you question them about what they are looking for, they want 8-10 acres to run a few horses. But they call it a ranch. That ain't a ranch, this is a ranch.

One of the larger Ranches in Wyoming is the Padlock. Headquarters are between Dayton and Ranchester. How many acres does the Padlock command? (Some are owned, some are leased BLM or state). All you have to do is get within 50,000 acres, plus or minus.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:27 AM

Hint: It's more then 2.

Somebody take a guess and we'll start narrowing it down.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:40 AM

4,505 posts, read 8,921,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
hahah Thank Poletop. I've had one in waiting, just looking for the opportunity to ask it.

It really gets my goat to see people move into Wyoming wanting to buy a "Ranch". When you question them about what they are looking for, they want 8-10 acres to run a few horses. But they call it a ranch. That ain't a ranch, this is a ranch.

One of the larger Ranches in Wyoming is the Padlock. Headquarters are between Dayton and Ranchester. How many acres does the Padlock command? (Some are owned, some are leased BLM or state). All you have to do is get within 50,000 acres, plus or minus.
That is one of my pet peeves also. I grew up in Eastern Colorado and to be a rancher you had to have at least 100 head of cattle and 4,000 acres. To qualify as a farmer you had to farm at least two sections (1,280 Acres). I now live in Eastern Nebraska and anyone with one acre outside of the city limits lives on a farm. A "Ranchette" is five acres LOL.

To get an idea of what a real ranch would be read CENTENNIAL by James Michener. He devotes a few pages to some of the early ranchers in the Colorado, Nebraska and Wyoming territories.

GL2

Old 01-08-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
That is one of my pet peeves also. I grew up in Eastern Colorado and to be a rancher you had to have at least 100 head of cattle and 4,000 acres. To qualify as a farmer you had to farm at least two sections (1,280 Acres). I now live in Eastern Nebraska and anyone with one acre outside of the city limits lives on a farm. A "Ranchette" is five acres LOL.

To get an idea of what a real ranch would be read CENTENNIAL by James Michener. He devotes a few pages to some of the early ranchers in the Colorado, Nebraska and Wyoming territories.

GL2
I used to work for Rush Creek in Nebraska. Tom has 250,000 acres of Nebraska. Each Ranch is 10,000-12,000 acres. I worked on the one North of Gordon.

I also worked for Highland Angus Ranch out of Highmore South Dakota. There's over 50 miles of highway that is Highland Angus on both sides of the road.

But Rush Creek isn't even close to what the Padlock is. That's another hint.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:18 AM

16,786 posts, read 49,318,483 times
Quote:

PADLOCK RANCH | Padlock Ranch

Quote:
The Padlock Ranch was established by Homer and Mildred Scott in 1943 with 3000 acres and 300 cows. Today, headquartered out of Dayton, Wyoming (just north of Sheridan), we raise over 11,000 calves a year on nearly 500,000 acres across Wyoming and Montana. To us the Padlock Ranch is a small piece of Paradise we wish to share with those who want to experience our working ranch vacations (http://www.padlockranch.com/working-guest-ranch - broken link). We enjoy introducing our unique way of life here with folks who share our passion for Wyoming and Montana and our western lifestyle.
That was so easy to find, I assume no one else answered it because then they would have to ask the next question.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
PADLOCK RANCH | Padlock Ranch

That was so easy to find, I assume no one else answered it because then they would have to ask the next question.
They are exagerating in their website. They've only got 493,000 acres.

Now "That, is a ranch".

They were on TV a few days ago for picking up a "Environmental award" for the things that they have done on that ranch. They have went through every creek and river that goes through their property and removed car body's, trash, etc... that has been there since the 1920's. Back when they used wrecked cars to line the banks to keep errosion to a minimum. They've pulled stumps out, they've built up banks for flood control. It was a great show. I live right in the middle of it and had no idea of all the things that they have been doing on that ranch.

A couple years ago, Wayne, the ranch manager started a new program. They used to winter over yonder and summer over here and feed. Now, the program that he has come up with is that they run cattle in a pasture for short periods of times, 3-4 weeks and then move them, allowing grass to come back. It's ended up allowing the ground to be self sufficient enough that their feeding in winter time is only during extreme weather. They've cut the feed bills in half. They've also allowed better grasses to repopulate and flourish thereby providing better feed and healthier cattle.

You are up CptnRn! Good job.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:55 PM

16,786 posts, read 49,318,483 times
Quote:
You are up CptnRn! Good job.
I was afraid of that, so I decided to not answer until I had something.

OK this harkens back to an earlier question.

Quote:
Paul Petzoldt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Paul Petzoldt made his first ascent of the Grand Teton in 1924 at the age of 16, becoming the youngest person at the time to have done so.
Next Question: Who now holds the record as the youngest person to climb the Grand Teton, how old were they and when did it happen? Note: provide a reference to substantiate your answer. I'm asking this because I know of one younger person. There may be more then one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming