Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2009, 07:40 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,883,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claim Jumper View Post
should not be hard
what was the name of the most famous cattle drive TRAIL NAME that went into Wyoming and what town? once again 2 part ??
I'm going to guess: The trail name is the Chisholm Trail and it went into Cheyenne, WY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 08:36 AM

380 posts, read 1,149,927 times
Thumbs down close but no cigar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoquilter View Post
I'm going to guess: The trail name is the Chisholm Trail and it went into Cheyenne, WY.
you are only half right so i will help--town is right

Old 08-12-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:

you are only half right so i will help--town is right
Okay, then I will guess the Goodnight-Loving Trail

Old 08-12-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoquilter View Post
Okay, then I will guess the Goodnight-Loving Trail
this is correct Goodnight-Loving Trail ended in Cheyenne Wyoming

you guessed? i never heard of it -until i read it my book
your turn wyoquilter

Old 08-12-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
this is correct Goodnight-Loving Trail ended in Cheyenne Wyoming

you guessed? i never heard of it -until i read it my book
your turn wyoquilter
Well my grandmother helped. She knew it had to be one or the other. The Chisholm Trail is more famous than the Goodnight-Loving Trail so I went with that one on my first guess. I do admit that a lot of times I google my answers as well.

Okay now I am officially able to ask my question, being that I have answered two in a row, one in turn and one out of. So here it goes:

What unique monument is located just south of Lusk, WY? and who is it in honor of ? (2 part question)

Old 08-12-2009, 11:15 AM

49 posts, read 240,127 times
Is it the pink granite monument for a prostitute that is in honer of Charlotte "Mother Featherlegs" Shephard?

Old 08-12-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpontiac80 View Post
Is it the pink granite monument for a prostitute that is in honer of Charlotte "Mother Featherlegs" Shephard?
You are Correct Now it's your turn to ask a question.

The monument which was errected in 1964, is the only known such monument in the U.S. paying tribute to such an occupation.

Last edited by wyoquilter; 08-12-2009 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: forgot to add a bit of info.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:26 PM

49 posts, read 240,127 times
Ok, I searched for one and think I have a decent question. Start your research!

In the 1860's, a profesional gunfighter landed in WY and teamed up with founders of a town that also appointed themselves as the justice of the peace and marshall. The man in question was deputy marshall.

These men were very rough and crude and ruled with an iron fist. They established a saloon and it became their hangout. Their "laws" were so hard and violent that the saloon was nicknamed.

In the end, his own greed and violence caught up with him and upon his hanging he asked the vigilantes to remove his boots. His last words were “my mother always said that I would die with my shoes on.”

SO.... two part question.
1. Who was the gunfighter/deputy marshall and
2. what was the nickname for the saloon.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:30 PM

15 posts, read 61,527 times
Quote:
Sorry dthoffsett, I thought you just jumped in-did not realize you had answered a question. If you do and your sure you should come back later that day and see.
No problem, I actually forgot about this thread and thought no one would mind if I asked a question since I did answer one.

I usually check here every day but I've been kinda busy packing for my move to Cheyenne in a couple of weeks. In fact I should be packing right now.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpontiac80 View Post
Ok, I searched for one and think I have a decent question. Start your research!

In the 1860's, a profesional gunfighter landed in WY and teamed up with founders of a town that also appointed themselves as the justice of the peace and marshall. The man in question was deputy marshall.

These men were very rough and crude and ruled with an iron fist. They established a saloon and it became their hangout. Their "laws" were so hard and violent that the saloon was nicknamed.

In the end, his own greed and violence caught up with him and upon his hanging he asked the vigilantes to remove his boots. His last words were “my mother always said that I would die with my shoes on.”

SO.... two part question.
1. Who was the gunfighter/deputy marshall and
2. what was the nickname for the saloon.
1.Steve “Big Steve” Long
2.The Bucket of Blood”
The Lynching of Big Steve Long

I always heard gunfights never happened--guess they were wrong! They said it was Hollywood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming