Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 02:59 PM

7 posts, read 24,979 times

Advertisements

Howdy!

I just accepted a job offer in Riverton, WY, and I will be moving up there sometime in mid-January (Federal Gov't hasn't given me my exact start date yet ).

I'm looking for a rental property in the Greater Riverton area, and I'm having a bit of bad luck locating one.....so I thought I'd try my luck here to see if any of you might have any properties in the Greater Riverton area (Riverton, Lander, Thermopolis, etc.) you'd be willing to rent to a clean, non-smoking recent graduate school grad with no pets*, or know of anybody who might be able to help me out.

(* - I currently don't own a pet, but thought about maybe rescuing one if I found a property that allowed pets.)

I can be contacted either in a reply to this thread, or by e-mail at (my username) @aol.com.

Many thanks, and happy new year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 03:43 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,062,450 times
Have you tried looking in the Riverton Newspaper, or maybe call some local realty offices...

Here is a link to the newspaper best of luck to you

The Riverton Ranger

Old 12-27-2008, 03:59 PM

They haven't updated their classifieds online since November 3rd. I'm planning on calling them Monday.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:34 PM

44 posts, read 120,399 times
Look at the following thread posted a couple of days ago......He has a house in Riverton that he needs to sell or rent......

I'm Getting Transferred
PsykoKustomz

Old 12-27-2008, 06:12 PM

Thanks Peaches! I didn't notice that thread!

I replied to it....I hope he/she still has it available!

Old 12-27-2008, 06:20 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,446,824 times
Fed Gvmt? Are you working the Indian Rez? (only Fed jobs I know of here...) More specifics of where you're going to show up most days for work would help get you the closest housing options... while gas is cheap right now, it's not going to stay that way and closer will be nicer.

Anyway, the best source for rentals (in Lander at least) seems to be the Relators. It's a TIGHT market. You could try contacting the college (CWC) in Riverton too, to see if they have listings somewhere.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:22 PM

I'll be at the National Weather Service office located at the airport west of town.

I'll probably end up driving up there sometime next week (I'm in Texas right now) to see if I can iron something down in person...but it would be really nice to be able to avoid the extra pre-trip up there!

Old 12-27-2008, 06:49 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,446,824 times
So, Riverton and Kinnear are the 2 areas that are on either side of the NWS site. Riverton proper will give you more of the "in town" living, Kinnear (and everything from the airport north) will be decidedly more country living.

I'd hit up one of the Local realtors in Riverton. The folks in Lander have a weekly printed rental list (because they are in such high demand), Riverton may not be quite as bad, but they'll almost certainly be able to offer some help. And CWC should be a stop for you too if you don't find something online. They almost certainly have a board somewhere that has adverts. for various things. I'll ask at work on Monday too (Library) to see if the gals in Riverton might know of any other local resources. I may eve have some time to be able to grab some info. Sorta depends on how my week plays out.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:07 PM

Thanks so much for your help, Brian! I'll definitely be forever in your debt!

Old 12-27-2008, 08:42 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,177,986 times
Wyoming Advertiser

this site has also some listings .. I see at least one house for rent in Pavillion .. and you might want to try taking out an advert of your own in the papers there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming