Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,079 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a 6 month or 1 year rental in Lander beginning in January. I'm happy with a room, apartment, or small house suitable for one - two people. If someone would like a roommate, that would work for me as well.

I have two dogs, who I would love to bring with me, but if I can't find a dog friendly rental I will leave them with family. I can pay a pet deposit or pet rent if needed.

I have good landlord references.

Can be in town or slightly out of town... I'd rather not have to commute from Riverton, but will if necessary.

Any ideas? People/places to call, visit online, email? I know the rental pool is small... so I'm willing to consider just about anything.

Thanks guys!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 08:38 AM

788 posts, read 1,744,588 times
There are some ads on the 'lander journal/riverton ranger' website for apts. They are the 'lander apts' which are on top of a business building on mainstreet (i will remind you that you said you would consider anything, lol.) and the 'dillon vista' apts. I doubt either would take a dog. Depending on what you are willing to pay, you probably would be able to get a house....they do come avail every so often but they aren't cheap.

And why is housing so tight in Lander? Because the city council wants it that way. There are 'slumlords' who must be making a killing off renting their dilapidated trailer houses, it is disgusting. Just a couple weeks ago the city council shot down a developers proposal to develop a parcel of land just outside of town to build townhouses.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:04 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,254,928 times
Allswift,
Don't be too disappointed if you don't find many leads at this point in time. Residential rentals are usually snapped up quickly, at least if they're decent. I've owned several rentals over the years, and here's how it usually it works.
1. Current renter notifies us he'll be moving out at the end of month.
2. Renter moves out last day of month.
3. Rental is cleaned during first week of next month if necessary.
4. Rental is advertised for one day in local paper.
5. New renter signs contract within 24 hours of advertisement publication and moves in.

I wouldn't have any idea if I was going to have a vacancy on January 1 until December 1, and often not until mid-December or later. I would never hold a rental for someone who *might* want it later.

If you know someone in Lander, send them money and references and ask them to look for something for you. If you don't know anyone there, you'll probably have to make the visit yourself.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:08 PM

4 posts, read 13,217 times
Default check out lander classifieds online

try wrsn's Classified Ads

you never know if something will show up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming