Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 06:26 AM

36 posts, read 206,652 times

Advertisements

My husband has received a job offer in Lander Wy. He is excited to go as he is an avid outdoorsman/sportsman. Our only problem is trying to find a rental in the area. We have four children and need at least a 3 bedroom place.

What towns in the area would be easier to find a rental than Lander itself?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 01:25 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,436,538 times
towns are pretty spread out in wyoming,hudson ,pavillion,kinnear[all of which are very small],and riverton are about the only non indian reservation towns close enough to commute to lander from.riverton is likely your best bet

Old 11-15-2007, 09:18 AM

61 posts, read 216,030 times
Default renting in Lander

I would agree with the other post - Riverton is your best bet. The other towns around Lander are very tiny. Rental housing in Fremont County is very difficult to find due to the fact that folks "sell" their houses, not rent them. The real estate market in Lander is one of the few places in the country where houses still sell quickly. You may find something in Hudson (between Lander and Riverton). Good luck.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:18 PM

4 posts, read 27,445 times
My recommendations to find a rental in Lander are to contact a property management company- TLC 307-335-9800 or 307-349-1507. Also I know of a trailer for $650 and a home coming up in June.

I know exactly how you're feeling. . . I've been looking for a bigger place that is close to $800/mo. Which I think is near impossible right now.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 11,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' Lander View Post
My recommendations to find a rental in Lander are to contact a property management company- TLC 307-335-9800 or 307-349-1507. Also I know of a trailer for $650 and a home coming up in June.

I know exactly how you're feeling. . . I've been looking for a bigger place that is close to $800/mo. Which I think is near impossible right now.

I would be very interested in the "home coming up in June". Would you be able to give me abit more information? My email addresss is: [EMAIL="charlesgina@sbcglobal.net"]charlesgina@sbcglobal.net[/EMAIL]
Thank you very much.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:18 PM

19 posts, read 77,362 times
Lovin Lander how about Rawlins or around Rawlins is there a shortage of houses/apartments?

Old 05-03-2008, 09:56 PM

430 posts, read 1,623,826 times
There's a LITTLE more around Rawlins - look at a map & start checking newspapers online & get telephone books for southern Wyo. Lander is pretty isolated, tho in a totally GORGEOUS part of the state. As far as Rawlins goes, Jeffrey City is for sale...

Old 05-04-2008, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 11,429 times
I'm also looking for a place for my husband, he's just been sent to Lander to work for about a month and we were really hoping he wouldn't have to stay in a hotel the whole time. Anyone know of any short term accomodations or rooms for rent? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:00 AM

4 posts, read 27,445 times
Default Rentals in Lander, WY

I really don't know about other rental markets other than Lander and a bit about Riverton. Which- dispite what others have said- Riverton has a tighter rental market than Lander. I know many other agents who have buyers living in hotels in Riverton just waiting for a rental to come up. Also Riverton has more oil & gas workers than Lander. They have put a lot of demand on the rental market and driven prices up a bit due to thier higher income.

There are also Hudson duplexes available for $900/ month- they are brand new. If you are interested you can email me mia@landervalleyrealestate.com.

Sorry I can't help you as far as short term rentals go because most of the owners/landlords aren't looking for a month to month agreement. This is the time of year when families are willing to move once school is out, so I don't see our rental market getting better until maybe late summer.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:53 PM

41 posts, read 143,720 times
A few years ago we stayed at the Holiday Lodge in Lander and I know nurses that would work in the area for awhile would stay there - don't know if they still do that but you could check that out - Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming