Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2015, 12:00 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,678,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I wonder about that also, but I think that tattoo "artists" ask you to jot down exactly what you want to have inscribed on your skin. If that is the case, then the error originates with the person sporting the body art. Of course, that would also imply that the "artist" doesn't know enough to question the obvious spelling and punctuation mistakes. In essence...Who knows exactly where it originates?

However, I do know that if I was of a mind to have things etched into my skin, I would be sure to keep them covered if they weren't spelled correctly. When people proudly display their body art for the camera, it most likely means that they don't perceive that there is any mistake.

Yes, I thought of that too. Not being a tattoo parlor patron (not that there is anything wrong with that), I have only Hollywood's stereotype to go on. Me thinks the "artist" may not be the best spelling consultant.

And just because my above comment reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwD5CZ_j3-Y

Jump to 1:35

Old 04-19-2015, 06:09 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,451,918 times
"those people who are name calling, they are angry dis shelved people who only look for the negative...."

"I was just hit up by a friend of mine to contribute to a friend of her's younger sister's funeral."

Old 04-19-2015, 06:35 AM

19,141 posts, read 25,360,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
"those people who are name calling, they are angry dis shelved people who only look for the negative...."
Personally, I hate it when somebody knocks me off the shelf, and at that point, I do become angry.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:00 AM

19,141 posts, read 25,360,326 times
"I just cannot believe thatis another start of the season,and XXXXXXXX looks like a abandon junk-yard. Theres maybe a few stores up there that really take pride and what the fronts of there stores look like. But the rest of them are just broken-up,duct-tape,paint just throw up and dripping down to hide rust,and holes,trash,and cig.butts are all over the place. I just cant believe that the store owners dont even clean up the boards in front of there places."

Old 04-19-2015, 09:13 AM

37,119 posts, read 41,316,278 times
I will not quote it, but I recently read a post that was four paragraphs, no capitalization, and the only punctuation a period at the end of each paragraph.

The result was a mostly indigestible word soup.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:49 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,451,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I will not quote it, but I recently read a post that was four paragraphs, no capitalization, and the only punctuation a period at the end of each paragraph.

I recently read that if a person writes the way you've described, they think they don't have to follow the rules.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:01 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,794,362 times
Will anything be moved off it's axis or just make more space junk.

Ok so they knew it was running out of fuel So why did they not send fuel up there or just shut it down till they could figure out a way to save it

Suld I be concerned or scared ?

That's messed up what if it were you loved one?- (This person thinks there are astronauts aboard and NASA should do something to save them.)

People are responding to a news story about Spacecraft Messenger's possible crash into the planet Mercury due to running out of fuel. This makes me think that people have never actually heard of science and only get their information from movies.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:20 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,678,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

I knew a teacher that would make her students read their essays out loud, and she had one rule: The reader was not allowed to take a breath until he or she came to some sort of punctuation.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:21 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,794,362 times
So your telling me babies that look like Domicans are prettier lol.- from the "great debates" forum here on City Data.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:47 AM

4,191 posts, read 3,408,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
"I just cannot believe thatis another start of the season,and XXXXXXXX looks like a abandon junk-yard. Theres maybe a few stores up there that really take pride and what the fronts of there stores look like. But the rest of them are just broken-up,duct-tape,paint just throw up and dripping down to hide rust,and holes,trash,and cig.butts are all over the place. I just cant believe that the store owners dont even clean up the boards in front of there places."

At least he didn't type Duck Tape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing