Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 11:17 PM

89 posts, read 49,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Actually his build is pretty typical for a front lineman. And I know you're not athletic enough to last 13 minutes doing what he did in the NFL for 13 years, both on the field and in the workout room. Your feigned ignorance of his athleticism isn't as compelling an argument as you seem to believe it is.
it would be impresive if line would do what they do for 13 minutes straigh but is more like they play 5 TOTAL MINUTES but they do not even play 5 minutes streight they more like play for 6 seconds stop for 45 seconds and repeat. how can anybody call that an athletes lol

Old 07-28-2021, 11:22 PM

12,410 posts, read 8,194,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkamies View Post
it would be impresive if line would do what they do for 13 minutes straigh but is more like they play 5 TOTAL MINUTES but they do not even play 5 minutes streight they more like play for 6 seconds stop for 45 seconds and repeat. how can anybody call that an athletes lol
You never watched sprint heats at an indoor track meet I take it

Old 07-29-2021, 02:09 AM

1,061 posts, read 700,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
He might be OK playing this particular sport, He's a big lump yes but he's not exactly 'athletic' is he? He's not very 'lithe' in these clips! Seriously a man carrying that much extra lard around his middle is not going to have any stamina, he wouldn't be able to compete at a high level in rugby or football because he wouldn't have the stamina. Let's be honest here, the guys just fat.
Think of offensive and defensive lineman like Sumo wrestlers. They're very, very strong, but keep the extra weight so they can hold or penetrate the line.

Old 07-29-2021, 02:10 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,060,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindag View Post
He would squash you like stepping on a little bug. He could probably bench press 500 pounds, and literally pick you up over his head, and throw you across a soccer pitch.
How do you know? You haven't even seen me? I'll tell you one thing though, having that much lard land on top of you might 'smart' a bit thats for sure! Trouble is of course I doubt he would be able to catch me.
Look how on earth can anybody claim that such an overweight individual is 'athletic', I mean seriously? That guy is anything but 'in shape', simply put he is a fat man you can't argue otherwise. Maybe people viewing such out of shape people as 'athletic' says something about the first worlds obesity epidemic, maybe fat is the new 'norm'?

Old 07-29-2021, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDee12345 View Post
Think of offensive and defensive lineman like Sumo wrestlers. They're very, very strong, but keep the extra weight so they can hold or penetrate the line.
so they are wight lifters not athletes. you american nfl FANS got your self in trouble lol you do not know anymore what the guys are in your sport athletes football players or sumo wreslers or weight lifters or fat blokes lol

Old 07-29-2021, 03:29 AM

169 posts, read 130,670 times
Soccer players look like twigs.

Old 07-29-2021, 03:40 AM

27,294 posts, read 13,556,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
How do you know? You haven't even seen me? I'll tell you one thing though, having that much lard land on top of you might 'smart' a bit thats for sure! Trouble is of course I doubt he would be able to catch me.
Look how on earth can anybody claim that such an overweight individual is 'athletic', I mean seriously? That guy is anything but 'in shape', simply put he is a fat man you can't argue otherwise. Maybe people viewing such out of shape people as 'athletic' says something about the first worlds obesity epidemic, maybe fat is the new 'norm'?
In Rugby you have greats like Jonah Lomu, 6"5 and 265 lbs, but all muscle.

Lomu was a great athlete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1hJyjPLRDc

Old 07-29-2021, 05:44 AM

12,410 posts, read 8,194,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkamies View Post
so they are wight lifters not athletes. you american nfl FANS got your self in trouble lol you do not know anymore what the guys are in your sport athletes football players or sumo wreslers or weight lifters or fat blokes lol
So is this some sort of cultural disagreement and it is only athletic if an extreme aerobic content is involved?

Should stand alone shot puters, hammer throwers and discus "athletes" be declared "nonathletes". No more 40m dashes at indoor stadium track meets. Maybe the Philippines should be stripped of their first gold medal because a weight lifter is not an athletes because the ability to generate power doesn't count?

I said it before and I will say it again the stop in play allowing the viewer to relax as they anticipate the next explosive display of power is a feature of American football, not a detriment. The down system where the offense has to make progress rather then relying an official's feeling at the moment that you are stalling and boring the audience is a feature, not a detriment of a televised show. The ability for the sponsor to make money and the fan has the assurance that something is not going to happen while the sponser takes his time is a feature not a detriment.

In the end the American audience is watching a series of explosive displays of power. Something every snap of a football and every pitch in baseball has the potential to provide. And the viewer knows when that snap or pitch is going to happen so he is able to relax and wait for it.

Old 07-29-2021, 07:31 AM

910 posts, read 369,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
So is this some sort of cultural disagreement and it is only athletic if an extreme aerobic content is involved?

Should stand alone shot puters, hammer throwers and discus "athletes" be declared "nonathletes". No more 40m dashes at indoor stadium track meets. Maybe the Philippines should be stripped of their first gold medal because a weight lifter is not an athletes because the ability to generate power doesn't count?

I said it before and I will say it again the stop in play allowing the viewer to relax as they anticipate the next explosive display of power is a feature of American football, not a detriment. The down system where the offense has to make progress rather then relying an official's feeling at the moment that you are stalling and boring the audience is a feature, not a detriment of a televised show. The ability for the sponsor to make money and the fan has the assurance that something is not going to happen while the sponser takes his time is a feature not a detriment.

In the end the American audience is watching a series of explosive displays of power. Something every snap of a football and every pitch in baseball has the potential to provide. And the viewer knows when that snap or pitch is going to happen so he is able to relax and wait for it.
Great post!

Old 07-29-2021, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post

IT IS OK nfl was never a sport but a recreational activity for ped user body builders. COMBINE what is that standing in one space then jumping, just like kids play ground activities where kids compete what they can do lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.