Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2021, 08:37 AM

18,155 posts, read 25,380,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDee12345 View Post
Think of offensive and defensive lineman like Sumo wrestlers. They're very, very strong, but keep the extra weight so they can hold or penetrate the line.
This is basically the sport they play

Old 07-29-2021, 08:45 AM

12,436 posts, read 8,227,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
This is basically the sport they play
Only if there was no stop in play. The stop and then to start to defeat inertia requires much more explosive force.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:10 AM

14,824 posts, read 12,092,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
So is this some sort of cultural disagreement and it is only athletic if an extreme aerobic content is involved?

Should stand alone shot puters, hammer throwers and discus "athletes" be declared "nonathletes". No more 40m dashes at indoor stadium track meets. Maybe the Philippines should be stripped of their first gold medal because a weight lifter is not an athletes because the ability to generate power doesn't count?

I said it before and I will say it again the stop in play allowing the viewer to relax as they anticipate the next explosive display of power is a feature of American football, not a detriment. The down system where the offense has to make progress rather then relying an official's feeling at the moment that you are stalling and boring the audience is a feature, not a detriment of a televised show. The ability for the sponsor to make money and the fan has the assurance that something is not going to happen while the sponser takes his time is a feature not a detriment.

In the end the American audience is watching a series of explosive displays of power. Something every snap of a football and every pitch in baseball has the potential to provide. And the viewer knows when that snap or pitch is going to happen so he is able to relax and wait for it.

If they are fat then yes they are NOT 'athletic'! Since when has a fat guy ever been considered 'athletic', its hilarious!

These guys are 'athletic':-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...aking-12067090

This guy is 'fat':-

https://www.scmp.com/sport/china/art...on-viral-story

It doesn't matter what sport they play whether NFL, soccer, rugby or cricket if they're fat they're just fat! Any sport that requires real athletisism is NOT going to have fat people playing/competing at a top level! I'd love to see Usain Bolts medal collection if he had to cart around a beer belly like these guys!

That NFL bloke may be 'big' he may be 'strong' but ultimately he isn't 'athletic'! Hes just fat.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:12 AM

10,041 posts, read 5,751,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
How do you know? You haven't even seen me? I'll tell you one thing though, having that much lard land on top of you might 'smart' a bit thats for sure! Trouble is of course I doubt he would be able to catch me.
Look how on earth can anybody claim that such an overweight individual is 'athletic', I mean seriously? That guy is anything but 'in shape', simply put he is a fat man you can't argue otherwise. Maybe people viewing such out of shape people as 'athletic' says something about the first worlds obesity epidemic, maybe fat is the new 'norm'?
Unless you're an elite athlete (you aren't), his workout routine would have you crying for your mommy within minutes. It's hard to imagine after watching the highlight video anyone can still believe any fat slob can just lumber onto the field and do what he does. Even you don't believe that. It takes athleticism to do it at their level and even you know it.

Why people deliberately make themselves look dumb to try to make a point is beyond me, especially when they end up making the opposing point by doing so.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
If they are fat then yes they are NOT 'athletic'! Since when has a fat guy ever been considered 'athletic', its hilarious!

That NFL bloke may be 'big' he may be 'strong' but ultimately he isn't 'athletic'! Hes just fat.
There we go again shot putters are not athletic, even if they are in events called Athletics in the British English speaking world (Track & Field in America).

Old 07-29-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Unless you're an elite athlete (you aren't), his workout routine would have you crying for your mommy within minutes. It's hard to imagine after watching the highlight video anyone can still believe any fat slob can just lumber onto the field and do what he does. Even you don't believe that. It takes athleticism to do it at their level and even you know it.

Why people deliberately make themselves look dumb to try to make a point is beyond me, especially when they end up making the opposing point by doing so.
You don't have to be an 'elite athlete' to play all sports, looking at this guy NFL is obviously one such sport, you might have to be big, you may have to be strong, but obviously you don't have to be athletic!! Human beings that have to put in high intensity athletic training do NOT have beer bellies! lol

Old 07-29-2021, 09:20 AM

Quote:
You don't have to be an 'elite athlete' to play all sports, looking at this guy NFL is obviously one such sport, you might have to be big, you may have to be strong, but obviously you don't have to be athletic!! Human beings that have to put in high intensity athletic training do NOT have beer bellies! lol
Heh, listen to yourself. It really chaps your ass this fat dude is way more athletic than you'll ever be. Your envy is so cute.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Heh, listen to yourself. It really chaps your ass this fat dude is way more athletic than you'll ever be. Your envy is so cute.
Ah so you admit he's a 'fat dude'! Getting somewhere at last! At the end of the day guys that do high intensity athletic workouts build muscle and six-packs - thats what happens. Guys that eat too much fat and do too little exercise get fat, thats how 'being human' works. This guy does NOT have a six-pack thats for sure! He's got a beer barrel for a belly!

You don't even know how old I am let alone how 'athletic' I am!

Old 07-29-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:

It doesn't matter what sport they play whether NFL, soccer, rugby or cricket if they're fat they're just fat! Any sport that requires real athletisism is NOT going to have fat people playing/competing at a top level! I'd love to see Usain Bolts medal collection if he had to cart around a beer belly like these guys!

By your definition non athletic dominate many sport in Athletics like the hammer throw, discus and shot put.
That some body types excel in certain events is a given, or I guess not in your case. In which case I guess you believe that Arnold Schwarzenegger would be considered the Greatest Athlete in History even if his body was in near death condition on contest day when the pictures were taken.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Ah so you admit he's a 'fat dude'! Getting somewhere at last! At the end of the day guys that do high intensity athletic workouts build muscle and six-packs - thats what happens. Guys that eat too much fat and do too little exercise get fat, thats how 'being human' works. This guy does NOT have a six-pack thats for sure! He's got a beer barrel for a belly!

You don't even know how old I am let alone how 'athletic' I am!
I bet that guy did more exercise during his college career, never mind his NFL career, than you ever have or will in your life. That makes him a far better athlete than you are, ever were, and ever will be. And that just boils your blood so much that you're trying to redefine athleticism around your self-perception. But the proof's in the pudding -- he made millions of dollars as an athlete and you never made a penny. That's OK, most of us haven't, so there's no need for it to wound your ego so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World