Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 12:47 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,433,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Where is this place called "Leeds?"
Something to do with Strings I've been told the place is grim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
oh yeah American suburbias are FULL OF PEOPLE WALKING AROUND, THRIVING COMMUNITIES FILLED WITH COLOR WITH PEOPLE OF ALL RACES LIVING SIDE BY SIDE, AND A SPECIFIC PLACE INSIDE EACH SUBURBIA DEDICATED TO ART, NIGHTLIFE AND LOCAL CUISINE!

my dad went out for a walk on the suburbia he was visiting around Raleigh and some idiotic person called the police, the cops went up to him and asked him, are you ok? are you lost? his reply was, I am totally fine I just came out for a walk because I always do... the cops took him into the police car and drove him to his hosts' home because it's weird to walk on the street!

that is how vibrant US suburbias are!!!
I imagine your posts being shouted by you.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:58 PM

25,022 posts, read 11,449,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
Austin. I would think it is generally agreed upon Texas is not walkable. It is way too spread out, everywhere. Actually, I did not see one walkable area anywhere, except some tourist destination like the riverwalk in San Antonio. Even if locals call it 'walkable', it usually means they don't know what real walkable, like in European cities, means.
It is the people not the city planer. We have no side walks, no cafes, no problem. Brick mail boxes make great bar tables, adults can watch kids, there is always someone with a fresh bottle and a bad joke.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World