Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 01:15 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,885,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I find him somewhat amusing albeit in a perversely repulsive way. Something like watching an accident in slow motion. You can't help but watch rather than avert your eyes, even though you know there will be carnage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
To some he's like an annoying zit that just begs to be picked at, to others he's a buffoon who affords much levity and then to others he's the potential train wreck which begs watching. To most he's a combination of all - and that's only on THIS forum. Nobody could script what he comes up with in the relationship forum. When there are people like TVSG on the planet everyone else can sigh in relief that they are, in comparison, quite normal.
hahahahhahha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 01:38 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,334,431 times
Just to clear things up, there are absolutely some jobs that are much more than 40 hours a week that have nothing at all to do with not being efficient or using your time wisely.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:06 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,301,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Just to clear things up, there are absolutely some jobs that are much more than 40 hours a week that have nothing at all to do with not being efficient or using your time wisely.
This is true. At my last job I had to put in 50 hours a week jsut to keep my head above water. Fortunately I worked from home, so the extra time worked out to what would have been commute time.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:35 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,885,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Yes, but not when according to the OP he is one of the "very few" in his office that seems to need to do so (it's one of his most cited complaints about his co-workers)

Old 06-06-2010, 02:38 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,301,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Yes, but not when according to the OP he is one of the "very few" in his office that seems to need to do so (it's one of his most cited complaints about his co-workers)
Yup! Seems odd how everyone else can get their work done on time.

Old 06-06-2010, 03:25 PM

24,665 posts, read 70,014,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Yup! Seems odd how everyone else can get their work done on time.
Probably because he spends an inordinate amount of time brown-nosing the Boss Lady with whom he thinks he's "close" - and remember the fuss he made when SHE came on board!!!! Darn, have to get to work now and catch up much much later!

Old 06-06-2010, 05:27 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,113,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
He started on Tuesday and I was telling him on Day 1 that it's a fast pace environment and you will have stay late some days. Then we had a meeting in the boardroom with the boss for 2 hours and the entire day was just very busy. I was off on Wed and Thurs and when I returned on Friday I found he left after day 1. Very surprising since he was in his 50's and how it is to get a job today.

I really hope what I told him didn't run away like a wimp. Maybe he needs a low stress environment like Target.

Oh I seen him at Wal-Mart..he is the one who gave me my buggy..
He told me he won the lottery and was just doing the Wal-Mart thing as an volunteer thing..

Old 06-06-2010, 08:52 PM

24,665 posts, read 70,014,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Oh I seen him at Wal-Mart..he is the one who gave me my buggy.. He told me he won the lottery and was just doing the Wal-Mart thing as an volunteer thing..
The two of you are so adept at mangling written English that I see a match! Seriously, this might be worth some consideration and nurturing! You mangle, he mangles so maybe your friends/acquaintances likewise mangle?

But I just looked at jeepgirl27's profile and it seems as though she's taken. jeepgirl27, do you have any friends in the Philly area who might give TVSG at least the time of day?

Last edited by STT Resident; 06-06-2010 at 09:03 PM..

Old 06-06-2010, 09:10 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,107,446 times
Just out of curiosity, what type of agency are you a career advisor for TVSG?

Old 06-06-2010, 10:47 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,113,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The two of you are so adept at mangling written English that I see a match! Seriously, this might be worth some consideration and nurturing! You mangle, he mangles so maybe your friends/acquaintances likewise mangle?

But I just looked at jeepgirl27's profile and it seems as though she's taken. jeepgirl27, do you have any friends in the Philly area who might give TVSG at least the time of day?

Philly...nope dont have friends there. Wow you seem really concerned with TVSG'S social status. Of course Im taken, but I'm sure someone out there will give TVSG the time of day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment