Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 04:43 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,208,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Just out of curiosity, what type of agency are you a career advisor for TVSG?
It's a private, not-for-profit agency that places people with no high school diploma or GED and a crinimal record into minimum wage, dead end jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 07:02 AM

72 posts, read 369,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
That's what I wat to believe. I refused to believe I scared a man who was working before I was born-lol
Maybe you're not handsome enough. :P

Old 06-07-2010, 07:17 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,300,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Read some of his many ridiculous posts and you'll figure it out.

He's a misogynist with poor money management skills who thinks far too highly of himself. The way he talks you'd think he went to Harvard, rather he went to a third tier college, graduated with a degree in communications , and works in a dead-end job for a private social services agency, acting like he's a manager when in fact he's just a low level worker bee.

He's also made unwelcome and repulsive comments with sexual overtones to a number of posters, and asked every ridiculous question when he was job hunting (my two favorites, "Should I pick up the phone when it rings or let it go to voice mail," and "It's 20 degrees outside, should I wear a top coat to my interview or not?" (By the way--he was walking to the interview as he doesn't own a car.)

He got caught trying to collect more unemployment than he was due, and whined non-stop about having to eat Fruit Loops for dinner for a week before he got his first paycheck.

Do I need to go on?
Well...uh...errr...ummm...THANKS!

Old 06-10-2010, 11:15 AM

18,525 posts, read 31,791,501 times
Quote:
Or maybe he decided he didn't want to work at a place that would hire people like you.

Frankly in your line of work, turnover is high and jobs are plentiful. I would have quit too.

yeah seriously, I would have quit as well.
Why would someone want a job like that???? is beyond me????

Let me not say anymore on this............

Old 06-10-2010, 05:39 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,197,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
yeah seriously, I would have quit as well.
Why would someone want a job like that???? is beyond me????

Let me not say anymore on this............
annerk looks down on people who make under $60,000

Old 06-10-2010, 05:42 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,208,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
annerk looks down on people who make under $60,000
That's not true at all. I look down on pathetic people with over-inflated egos who cause workplace drama by sticking their nose where it doesn't belong and are misogynistic sexual perverts, regardless of their income.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:47 PM

25,146 posts, read 54,056,895 times
So you are a big fan of Woody Allen? What's your favorite movie by him.

Quote:
That's not true at all. I look down on pathetic people with over-inflated egos who cause workplace drama by sticking their nose where it doesn't belong and are misogynistic sexual perverts, regardless of their income.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:45 PM

13,009 posts, read 18,987,403 times
I saw it happen some years ago when the economy was healthy. At the end of his first day he said something about it being too far from home. But I think he got a better offer after agreeing to come to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment