Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2014, 11:20 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,788,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Never said nor implied that.
You just said you think anyone who was yawning in a interview has shown that they poorly prepared for the interview.

Would you hire someone who you think poorly prepared for the interview?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 11:21 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,788,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I guess that means yes - you are still in defense of parents who kill their own children.

Good to know.
Oh...

Old 08-05-2014, 11:29 AM

19,018 posts, read 25,272,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Yeah, that's so very comparable. Well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Nice false equivalency...
Oh, it's false because you might be adversely affected by it.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:31 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,202,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
You just said you think anyone who was yawning in a interview has shown that they poorly prepared for the interview.

Would you hire someone who you think poorly prepared for the interview?

If they were the best available candidate, potentially yes. And I never ever said they were terrible employees. You made that up. That is your thing. You're playing your game. One statement you make is about them yawning, the other is that they yawned. One is singular, the other is plural. Big difference.

You also refuse to accept that yawning (plural) is entirely in control of the candidate because how we live our lives are in our control. Even if I was up all night I could prevent myself from yawning half a day pretty easily, if it was important to me.

But you do this time and time again, twist words, statements and definitions to make excuses for employees and criticize firms and hiring managers.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:46 AM

38,926 posts, read 24,045,934 times
Thank you notes are hard to do sometimes as not everyone is e-mailing you the details of the interview so you may not get the e-mail address and you don't always get contact information such as last names. Partially this is so they aren't hounded by people asking about their status, why they didn't get the job, other openings, etc. It's not appropriate at all to send a thank you to the office saying "to whom it may concern," in these cases I think it is permissible to not.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:58 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,045,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Oh, it's false because you might be adversely affected by it.
That you think an interview with some HR flack is equivalent to performing brain surgery tells us everything we need to know here.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:55 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,272,525 times
Quote:
That you think an interview with some HR flack is equivalent to performing brain surgery tells us everything we need to know here.
It tells us that you erroneously feel it's up to you to decide for other people. Nobody deserves to see the inside of your mouth for any amount of time. That you think people should put up with it because you don't respect them is your own deal.

Honestly, you guys are exactly where you put yourselves. It would not surprise me at all if you're unemployed or underemployed with your attitudes about employment and the employers you despise so much.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:49 PM

51,477 posts, read 37,154,114 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's so very comparable. Well done.
What's the difference? Whatever this business is, I'm sure its' clients want someone handling their account who's on the ball, and if they are paying they should have an alert person just as a person undergoing surgery should. I wasn't comparing the professions, I was trying to get you to see this from a different perspective, one in which to the employer, choosing the best employees for his business is as important to him as choosing the best doctor might be for you.

I wouldn't hire this person, either. If they told me "I yawn so much because I get migraines and I don't sleep", as an employer I'd be thinking "this is someone who will be tired when he is here, and who will probably call out more than average". Why do you think an employer should take a chance on someone like this when there are so many qualified people out there who CAN stay awake? It's utterly ridiculous to say someone's on a power trip because they want the best employees working for them.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:43 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,359,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Thank you notes are hard to do sometimes as not everyone is e-mailing you the details of the interview so you may not get the e-mail address and you don't always get contact information such as last names. Partially this is so they aren't hounded by people asking about their status, why they didn't get the job, other openings, etc. It's not appropriate at all to send a thank you to the office saying "to whom it may concern," in these cases I think it is permissible to not.
Are you kidding me?

If you don't have enough initiative to write down the name of the interviewer and get his or her business card, then you really don't deserve the job in the first place.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:05 PM

38,926 posts, read 24,045,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Are you kidding me?

If you don't have enough initiative to write down the name of the interviewer and get his or her business card, then you really don't deserve the job in the first place.
You abt like they hand out business cards like candy. Not every one does, what do you do in that case?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment