Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2014, 02:17 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,046,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
This is actually a perfect example of an abuse of power.
The low quality of the people given so much power over our lives is simply breathtaking. It's like somebody imported the cast of Idiocracy to serve as the Inner Party of 1984.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 02:31 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,609,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
The low quality of the people given so much power over our lives is simply breathtaking. It's like somebody imported the cast of Idiocracy to serve as the Inner Party of 1984.
lol

Old 08-04-2014, 04:05 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,289,908 times
Quote:
And when did I say that?
It's generally how you present your pov on this board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
I had several interviews where the interviewer(s) were yawning. So I should call them on it? Come on.
I'm not sure what calling them on it is supposed to do. If I'm talking to any person and they are incessently yawning at me they are sending the message that something is wrong with them. Sending that kind of message to a potential employer is a poor decision.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:14 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,214,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post

I'm not sure what calling them on it is supposed to do. If I'm talking to any person and they are incessently yawning at me they are sending the message that something is wrong with them. Sending that kind of message to a potential employer is a poor decision.
It does not mean something is wrong with them. It could be any number of valid and understandable reasons. Jumping to negative conclusions serves no one.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:23 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,795,251 times
Quote:
Hmmm...you sure that's just not the way YOU'RE seeing my posts because of your own bias?

Old 08-04-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
This is actually a perfect example of an abuse of power.
So, if a home owner decides to hire the happy, energetic housekeeper and pass on hiring a housekeeeper because s/he yawns through out the interview and looks disinterested, it's an abuse of power? Or only when co's do it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Is this meant to be ironic? If so, spot on.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Hmmm...you sure that's just not the way YOU'RE seeing my posts because of your own bias?
I don't have a bias. I don't own a corp or have loyalties to any. Your thread about excusing child abuse in the name of your biased cause is what cast a light on your position.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
It does not mean something is wrong with them. It could be any number of valid and understandable reasons. Jumping to negative conclusions serves no one.
There is no jumping any where. The reason does not matter. Yawning incessently conveys something is wrong because it's not appropriate for an interview as well as a number of other instances. If you don't have the good sense to keep it to yourself then I don't why you would take issue with someone equally reacting to the display.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:52 PM

469 posts, read 639,993 times
Quote:
There is no jumping any where. The reason does not matter. Yawning incessently conveys something is wrong because it's not appropriate for an interview as well as a number of other instances. If you don't have the good sense to keep it to yourself then I don't why you would take issue with someone equally reacting to the display.
I once had an interview and the interviewer brought her boss into meet with me and join the interview. Her boss came in wearing jeans and an inappropriate top; had her cell phone in her hand was texting while I was answering questions; and just got up in the middle of me talking walking out of the room looking at her phone texting. Never came back.

My opinion of that company changed that very moment and I couldn't wait to end the interview. I also felt second hand embarrassment for the interviewer who invited her boss in as her boss was disrespectful to both of us.

I was like...WOW... I have seen it all now. Clearly professional works both ways and employers should not think thy are exempt from the rules just because RIGHT NOW the trend is in their favor. Rude is rude and it doesn't matter what side of the interview you are on.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:12 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,795,251 times
Quote:
I don't have a bias. I don't own a corp or have loyalties to any.
You don't have to own a corporation or have loyalties to any specific corporation.

The fact that you defend what's an abuse of power by employers (to turn away a perfectly good candidate simply because you didn't like that they yawned) reveals your bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment