Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 05:35 PM

217 posts, read 513,172 times

Advertisements

Ok, so here is the situation...

There is an employee in my office who always feels she is intentionally being excluded. She isn't, but she feels that if no one walks up to her to include her in something, she is excluded (saying, in the office "I am going to Starbucks does anyone want anything" is excluding her if no one specifically asks her, by name). Nuts, I know.

On Friday, she felt excluded again and sent a text message to me that she was upset. I told her she was wrong and that no one was excluding her. She then stated that a certain person was crass and rude and lacks class. I was not paying all that much attention to my phone and the person that she was calling crass, etc saw the text. And posted something to Facebook about the comment. (I had no idea this happened). So a little later I get an angry "How dare you tell her what I said I can't trust anyone" text. I had no idea what she was talking about, however the employee she was discussing did admit that she had seen the text.

The problem, this employee complains to the boss about everything and is also the office gossip/backstabber. She has talked about everyone in the office, all of it bad. I am not sure how she would be able to manage to say "I said something bad about an employee and the employee I told said something to the person I was talking about" but I REALLY don't want to deal with it. And, I didn't say anything...which she clearly does not believe. I feel like I am being drug into this for just trying to be nice to make her feel better.

Sorry this is so long...I think I also needed to vent,

I am planning to ignore it like it did not happen. Does anyone else think I should do something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 05:44 PM

533 posts, read 1,113,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndTiggerToo View Post
Does anyone else think I should do something else?
Probably not. I'm pretty new to this forum, but your situation doesn't sound that unique or terrible.

I'd just keep doing my own work and meeting everything that's expected of me. Maybe try to avoid conversations/texts with your coworker as much as possible? Just always be strictly professional I guess...

Old 11-10-2013, 05:51 PM

I plan to avoid her at all costs at this point. She made my life a living nightmare when I started, and I knew it was her even when she was doing it. She is the type who trashes the person who is not there to everyone else. The bosses know this too.

I guess I am just really not interested in a conversation about this with anyone and I am annoyed that she said anything specific to me about one person. I guess I should have expected it as it is totally in character for her. And, stupid me for knowing that she was upset and trying to make her feel better...apparently that invites the trashing of co-workers in her mind.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:57 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,562,173 times
how old are you?

Old 11-10-2013, 06:02 PM

LOL

I know. And I also know what you are saying.

My "I really feel for her as she was upset" part is at war with the "Are you kidding me this is not Junior High" and it is stupid part. Just wanted to make sure the side that was saying "IGNORE" wasn't wrong. Does that make sense?

Old 11-10-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
LOL

I know. And I also know what you are saying.

My "I really feel for her as she was upset" part is at war with the "Are you kidding me this is not Junior High" and it is stupid part. Just wanted to make sure the side that was saying "IGNORE" wasn't wrong. Does that make sense?
Yup. If your co worker manages to quit or get herself fired, holla at me! I'm a college grad still looking for a job. I swear I'm not a total witch either, ha.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggumbo View Post
Yup. If your co worker manages to quit or get herself fired, holla at me! I'm a college grad still looking for a job. I swear I'm not a total witch either, ha.
I don't care if she stays or goes, I just don't want to deal with her. And I am more than a little annoyed that a "Have a good weekend" text got me involved in her drama mainly as I usually do a good job of making it really clear that I am not going to be involved in gossip and it usually skips me. GRRRRR

And good luck with the job hunt!

Old 11-10-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
I don't care if she stays or goes, I just don't want to deal with her. And I am more than a little annoyed that a "Have a good weekend" text got me involved in her drama mainly as I usually do a good job of making it really clear that I am not going to be involved in gossip and it usually skips me. GRRRRR
Yeah, that sucks. It seems to happen almost everywhere though, I've heard stories like this from friends and family who work in all different industries.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:27 PM

LOL

I feel bad for her. And at the same time want nothing to do with her, which probably means I am now going to end up excluding her. Her craziness has made me feel like I am a hamster on a wheel...

Old 11-10-2013, 06:38 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,780,406 times
Definitely just ignore her! She will probably twist things to her favor. Stay out of the fray.

For your coworker that posted on FB stupid, stupid, stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment