Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 05:22 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,044,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Read this article! Welfare, Not Full-Time Work, Is Now America's No. 1 Occupation - Investors.com

Problem especially comes from people like this:
I Got 15 Kids & 3 Babydaddys-SOMEONE'S GOTTA PAY FOR ME & MY KIDS!!! - YouTube
People like her shouldn't have children!

Tell me if you can't read the article, you might need an IBD subscription like I have.

This is an old article about a mentally ill woman in Florida.

You couldn't find any whites or hispanics to prove your point?

What are you trying to do with this post?

I'm curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago87 View Post
This is a very big societal problem. Romney is right about the 47%, people just got mad because they were called out.

The average working American is getting exploited by three things:

3.) The welfare kings and queens that leech off of our tax dollars
then have the audacity to harass us for even more money when we are going home after a hard day's work.
I still can't believe there are still relics like you posting this nonsense, especially in this horrible economy.

The welfare "kings" and "queens" now live in Suburbia. The welfare soccer moms will travel in "poor" neighborhoods to food pantries to get food, so they're neighbors won't see them. Little do they know, these neighbors are on the dole just like they are.

Ronald Reagan is DEAD. Has been for quite sometime.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:26 PM

570 posts, read 1,731,601 times
i don't like her attitude. I don';t like to help those people.
What do she mean by "somebody needs to pay for all her children and somebody needs to be held accountable"?

IF she said i'm sorry i make a mistake, I should go school instead of making all those children, then i would help.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Responding to a post with a comment on a forum to which I regularly contribute is "stalking"? Is remembering details which a poster has openly divulged several times over several years something to be frowned upon?
These people are hypocrisy personified.

Truly awful.

They won't pick on or talk about the rich and how Wall Street raided our coffers for billions. No, it's the evil welfare mother with 4 kids collecting a pittance in welfare and foodstamp benefits that are the enemy.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlesseden View Post
i don't like her attitude. I don';t like to help those people.
What do she mean by "somebody needs to pay for all her children and somebody needs to be held accountable"?

IF she said i'm sorry i make a mistake, I should go school instead of making all those children, then i would help.
That woman isn't mentally right and it's obvious to everyone looking at her. Florida's foster care system is so bad that they'd rather pay to keep all of her kids with her, then split them up into other homes.

Of course, the OP would show you the EXTREME examples of the spectrum to prove some type of "point".

What kills me is that STT posted about how the OP has been unemployed for 10 years, lives on disability and his parents support him.

Does he not consider disability an "entitlement" program or is it only a problem when a minority is on it??

Old 11-07-2013, 07:26 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,761,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The OP happens to flaunt their welfare status, large bike collection, and the fact that they punched an elderly gentleman on the bus for no apparent reason. And they wonder why they can't find a professional level job Of course, that's if you believe the OP isn't really a troll.
I didn't start this thread to flaunt my stuff; I was sharing an article I came across. AND I DIDN'T PUNCH AN OLD MAN ON A BUS FOR NO REASON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
What the hell that video has to do with your topic? I thought you were starting a thread about the economy not a bait thread about people having children
I was on youtube at the moment I posted this thread and that woman was a good example of welfare abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
This is an old article about a mentally ill woman in Florida.

You couldn't find any whites or hispanics to prove your point?

What are you trying to do with this post?

I'm curious.
I wasn't picking on black people, it's just that the woman in the video was black.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:15 PM

5,342 posts, read 6,180,706 times
There are only 144 million listed as employed in the latest BLS report (http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf). Your factcheck article reports that 142 million of those are full time workers. I find it hard to believe we only have 2 million part time workers in the US with all of the retail there is across the US.

Not saying the article is correct, but the fact check articles need to be "fact-checked" too.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:04 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,314,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourah2006 View Post
There are only 144 million listed as employed in the latest BLS report (http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf). Your factcheck article reports that 142 million of those are full time workers. I find it hard to believe we only have 2 million part time workers in the US with all of the retail there is across the US.

Not saying the article is correct, but the fact check articles need to be "fact-checked" too.

MOST retail workers are full time.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:18 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,807,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I didn't start this thread to flaunt my stuff; I was sharing an article I came across. AND I DIDN'T PUNCH AN OLD MAN ON A BUS FOR NO REASON.
Obviously your "reason" wasn't good enough to save you from an assault conviction ...

And of course you didn't start this thread to flaunt your stuff but that always comes back to bite you (and always will) whenever you have the sheer temerity to criticize people who abuse the social services system. The irony never fails to escape you.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:33 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,642,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

What kills me is that STT posted about how the OP has been unemployed for 10 years, lives on disability and his parents support him.

Does he not consider disability an "entitlement" program or is it only a problem when a minority is on it??

Jesse, you conveniently skipped responding to this post. Care to comment?

Jesse, you are a hypocrite, plain and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment