Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 04:41 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,218,721 times

Advertisements

RH is most certainly not a waste of time if you have the EXACT skills
that they are looking. They generate just over $3billion in sales annually.
That's one of the oldest and original placements firms. Everyone else is a copy of RH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 09:09 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,098,793 times
I went to RH yesterday, recruiter called me Wednesday afternoon, was in a big rush to get me in to see them yesterday said "I have a perfect fit for you and am going to get your resume over to them this afternoon, expect a callback for an interview with them for Friday" Obviously I've heard nothing, no email, no anything.

I don't get it, what benefit is it to them to flood themselves with resumes that they have no positions for, how can they just pay out recruiters for bringing in resumes as it brings in no value for RH?

If they find me a temp job, and they pay me $18 an hour you know they are charging the employer about that too, so wouldn't it be in their best interest to work with a candidate to place them? They get nothing for my skills if they don't place me.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:32 AM

356 posts, read 831,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
What bothers me about these recruitment agencies is that they flood sites like Monster, Careerbuilder and now even Craigslist with fake job ads. When you apply for the job and go and see them, the position has usually always been just filled, yet I see the same job advertised for weeks on end.

There should be laws against this. They are basically misleading people do that they'll register and so that agents can get their commission.
I completely agree. I'm currently in the market for a new job and I am registered with 11 different staff agencies. I see the same positions being posted everywhere that I seem like a great fit for. I call / email every week letting them know I am available. For the past 6 months I find myself sickened by this quota.

I am registered with RH - There was two legitimate reasons I was not given the job, since then it's always the same thing, we have nothing new, blah blah blah.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:20 AM

932 posts, read 1,180,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
I went to RH yesterday, recruiter called me Wednesday afternoon, was in a big rush to get me in to see them yesterday said "I have a perfect fit for you and am going to get your resume over to them this afternoon, expect a callback for an interview with them for Friday" Obviously I've heard nothing, no email, no anything.

I don't get it, what benefit is it to them to flood themselves with resumes that they have no positions for, how can they just pay out recruiters for bringing in resumes as it brings in no value for RH?

If they find me a temp job, and they pay me $18 an hour you know they are charging the employer about that too, so wouldn't it be in their best interest to work with a candidate to place them? They get nothing for my skills if they don't place me.
It's because they want to send their clients as many resumes as possible, so as to appear as if they have the largest talent pools. The same goes for temp positions - they want to have 30 resumes for the same position to send to the client.

I've had some luck with recruiters, but most are a waste of space and time. Robert Half are actually one of the better ones though, but they should stop flooding job sites with fake ads.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:29 AM

932 posts, read 1,180,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTulip18 View Post
I completely agree. I'm currently in the market for a new job and I am registered with 11 different staff agencies. I see the same positions being posted everywhere that I seem like a great fit for. I call / email every week letting them know I am available. For the past 6 months I find myself sickened by this quota.

I am registered with RH - There was two legitimate reasons I was not given the job, since then it's always the same thing, we have nothing new, blah blah blah.
I got sickened by it too. The agencies are super-nice and encouraging a first, telling you they have several positions. It's often a ploy to get you in there, just so they can get you in their system, the recruiter gets his or her commission, then they often forget about you and the jobs they had advertised turn out to be a big, steaming pile of nothing.

The law certainly needs to be changed to stop the fake ads. I wonder if any kind of lawsuit has been brought against one of these recruiters for false advertising? Not only are they misleading people, but they are misleading what are often people who are desperate for work and don't need to have their time, gas money wasted because of false hopes.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:15 PM

386 posts, read 1,053,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
What bothers me about these recruitment agencies is that they flood sites like Monster, Careerbuilder and now even Craigslist with fake job ads. When you apply for the job and go and see them, the position has usually always been just filled, yet I see the same job advertised for weeks on end.

There should be laws against this. They are basically misleading people do that they'll register and so that agents can get their commission.
Agree 1000 percent, if the job is filled, you can no longer advertise it.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:48 PM

Well actually ended up calling me back this afternoon, I have an interview next week, said if I do well will probably lead to permanent after 60-90 days..I have neve worked for a temp agency before so who knows, but unemployment set to run out soon so I have to take it. She was very honest, told me she has no qualms about me looking for full time work even when I am on assignment, and knows if I don't go perm with the client and I find full time work elsewhere I have to take it.

So, for my experience with them since yesterday, so far so good. I will tell employer that I will work hard for them but don't want to stay a temp forever, will see how it goes.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Well actually ended up calling me back this afternoon, I have an interview next week, said if I do well will probably lead to permanent after 60-90 days..I have neve worked for a temp agency before so who knows, but unemployment set to run out soon so I have to take it. She was very honest, told me she has no qualms about me looking for full time work even when I am on assignment, and knows if I don't go perm with the client and I find full time work elsewhere I have to take it.

So, for my experience with them since yesterday, so far so good. I will tell employer that I will work hard for them but don't want to stay a temp forever, will see how it goes.
Where are you located, and what kind of work are you looking for?

Old 12-17-2011, 08:32 AM

Call center professional tri state area will relocate for good opportunity, obstacle I face is selling home

Old 12-17-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Call center professional tri state area will relocate for good opportunity, obstacle I face is selling home
Good luck in a call center man, Im in a Call center for Dell in Oklahoma City right now, and it is really rough. No respect for the job, customers don't appreciate you, your own management doesnt appreciate you, just not fun at all. can't wait to get out and find something new
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment