Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 12:41 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,932,831 times

Advertisements

Hi, looking for a good location where it's easy to get to Asheville and Brevard, in the even that I work one place and my wife works the other. I like Brevard, nice little town, but dont want to live there. Would definitely choose to live in Asheville, but driving to and from Brevard would get old everyday.

I was thinking about Arden. Somewhere close to the intersections where 25 meets the road the airport is off of. There used to be a mexican restaurant there, not sure if it is still there - but somewhere around there. That way one could go up 25 to work in downtown area and one could go down 280.

Do you also think Arden is probably the best location between the two? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 01:36 PM

756 posts, read 1,654,555 times
Horseshoe or Etowah are worth a look.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:48 PM

765 posts, read 2,569,346 times
There's a lot of housing in that general area especially in the area across from the airport and over to Hendersonville Rd. Also don't overlook Mills Creek and the Bent Creek area on teh west side of I26. One concern we had was the airport itself and the airplane noise--we used to live under one of the extended glide paths for Dulles Airport and wanted to avoid that again. The Arden area is also pretty congested especially along Airport Road and Hendersonville Rd. I26 between Mills River and Asheville is the one area around here that reminds me of the traffic back home in the Wash DC area--Larry

Old 12-12-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cofga View Post
There's a lot of housing in that general area especially in the area across from the airport and over to Hendersonville Rd. Also don't overlook Mills Creek and the Bent Creek area on teh west side of I26. One concern we had was the airport itself and the airplane noise--we used to live under one of the extended glide paths for Dulles Airport and wanted to avoid that again. The Arden area is also pretty congested especially along Airport Road and Hendersonville Rd. I26 between Mills River and Asheville is the one area around here that reminds me of the traffic back home in the Wash DC area--Larry

I'm in Orlando, so traffic congestion in Asheville is nothing to me, lol.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:12 PM

Horse Shoe and Etowah are nice but maybe too small for us. I like Arden b/c its so close to Asheville, and they almost run into eachother. I just wanted to see if there were a better place instead. But all those are nice little towns, please keep suggestions coming...

Old 12-12-2009, 09:53 PM

758 posts, read 2,288,287 times
West Asheville?

Old 12-13-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Parkies View Post
West Asheville?

I'm trying to find a place convenient to Asheville and Brevard; was thinking Arden.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:56 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,247,004 times
Hey Common Sense,
Hendersonville is probably the best way to go. Especially if you would plez look for a home in the neighborhood just west of downtown Hendersonville proper (the side of Hend closest to Brevard). There are some very nice homes off the main streets that go out of Hendersonville towards Brevard, with trees and quiet streets, that's where I'd live if I had to live there and commute to Brevard... but the east side of Hendersonville is across I-26 and more rural, I don't advise that side at all.

See, if you live in Arden, you still gotta cross I-26 to go to Brevard, more traffic to deal with. There's just a lot of traffic in the Skyland-Fletcher-Arden area. But if you live in "west" Hendersonville, still within its city limits, the roads all go west outta there without crossing any major hwy, other than the 280 that you merge into, which is a swell road and it's a straight shot to Brevard.

Also, by living in Hendersonville, you can get to Asheville by just dropping right down onto I-26, again another straight shot to "the big city." PLUS Hendersonville is a town within its own right and has shopping, restaurants, cute downtown, its own newspaper, lots of people like to live there, and many also commute to Asheville (and Brevard). Also, I might add, Hend is nowhere near the Asheville airport as far as sound goes, so once again, a good choice on that issue.
GG

Old 02-28-2010, 05:07 AM

1 posts, read 3,405 times
I like being 20 minutes to Hville, Brevard and 30 minutes into Asheville. Having Super Ingle groceries, gas, post office, half a dozen sit down restaurants and a pawn/collectible shop within walking distance. We also have a new library and a 27 hole championship golf course open to the public, and a couple of doctors, a dentist and Pardee Hospital Outreach facility. HWY 64 runs through the middle......Etowah.......and Horse Shoe is so close it's like the same place. Theoritically, I could live the rest of my life within a 3 or 4 square mile area and not miss much.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:22 AM

98 posts, read 527,267 times
I agree with the Arden, Fletcher, Mills River areas. At the moment there is a lot of housing in Mills River and Fletcher that meet your criteria and both are within 25 minutes of Asheville and Brevard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina