Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2014, 09:18 AM

4 posts, read 5,822 times

Advertisements

Hi
I am 38 yo with spouse and three children ages 12,11,7 and we are looking to move to asheville, hendersonville, brevard area within the year. I am looking for a great realtor to help with deciding on area and really giving me honest recommendations. Does anyone know of someone that would be great to work with and honest? Please help! I am also an RN, my spouse is a Nurse Practitioner. Anyone know of any MD's looking for NP's at this time?

Thank you very much in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 01:17 PM

729 posts, read 1,505,942 times
Pick a realtor and stick with them. They will be your best asset in a home search and in the purchase process. An Asheville or Hendersonville Realtor can easily cover you in both areas but I would recommend dealing with a Brevard Realtor in Brevard. Even if a Realtor from Asheville says they cover that area, the reality is that they most likely rarely or if ever go to Brevard and will not know some of the zoning or other issues going on. Work with someone local to your area of interest. That's always the best thing to do.

Also read up on Buyers agency: http://www.susanmyoung.com/WorkingwAgentsBrochure.pdf
A realtor that you are working with should present this to you on first substantial contact. They may also ask you to sign a Buyers Agency Agreement to firm up your relationship. Be careful what you sign! When I work with a buyer the first few times I will ask them to sign the agreement only for houses that I am showing them. Some realtors will have you sign the agreement for all of WNC. Then you are stuck working exclusively with them and you may decide shortly after that you don't want to work with them. I don't believe a full Buyers Agency should be signed until both parties get to know each other. Until then, it should be on house by house basis. Yes, that's an option.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:23 PM

4 posts, read 5,822 times
Very Good Information!
Thank you!!

Old 01-09-2014, 04:11 PM

2 posts, read 1,701 times
Default Asheville Realtor

Hi,
I just purchased a condo in Asheville. My advice would be to do some checking on Zillow before you plan your first house hunting trip , there are distinctive sections of the city and each has so much to offer.

My experience was just great with one of the realtor who is active with Zillow...they seem to know what they are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina