Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 07:28 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,976,291 times

Advertisements

As others have pointed out, it really depends on your taste in women. If you like the new age/granola crowd you may find it easy to get a date.

However.... just so you know, I used to live in Asheville. Loved it. Loved so many things about it. But finally had to move away for that very reason: I couldn't find anyone to date. Everyone my age was either married, way too hippie for my tastes, or gay. I'm a pretty easy going person, and back then I was in my young 30s and had an easy time dating before I moved there. So finally I decided I had to move back to LA even though I loved Asheville. I couldn't stand the idea of never dating again.

One positive thing about Asheville--when I told my boss why I was moving, he actually tried to help me out. Set me up with a few singles that he knew--I've never had a boss do that before. Unfortunately, none of them appealed even remotely, but it was a sweet gesture.

Other than this one gripe, Asheville was a wonderful place to live. Now that I'm married I often think of returning there. But I'll be honest. That was a long time ago, so maybe things have changed. But I suspect they haven't--if you're single and over the age of 25, it's going to be hard to get a date. After awhile, that can be a deal breaker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina