Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:56 PM

427 posts, read 549,806 times

Advertisements

Congratulations on the soon to be completion of your journey. As we all know, moving can certainly be a pain in the something or other-may you not experience that pain.

Again, congrats, well done, good luck, and so on.
Attached Images

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-07-2011 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: Deleted off-topic comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 08:32 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,878,985 times
thanks !

this is what I found in my fortune cookie today:

A dream is just a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline.

this is exactly how I feel about this big family-move-to-WNC subject

Old 01-09-2011, 07:50 AM

77 posts, read 131,963 times
Ye-gods (quote from "The Music Man"), I can hardly wait to meet you . Hearing you may be another issue but we'll work it out. There's always typing and I'll teach your son a bit of sign language so he can talk in front of you and you won't have a clue as to what he's saying. Kids seem to enjoy that power.

Never had kids but I used to make a fine aunt.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:30 AM

679 posts, read 1,460,716 times
I can't believe I am about to post this sorry excuse for humor, but,

The Queen is on the Move......Long Live the Queen!

Sorry folks, that is about as good as it gets on a Sunday morning.

Good luck on the move, Queen. As luck would have it, one of my coworkers in northern Virginia was trading instant messages with me Friday about a good friend of hers who is a doctor and is moving here (like, she is in a hotel in the area as we speak) to take a job with the VA hospital. Unfortunately, she is being greeted with 3 or 4 inches of snow and another 4-6 inches on the way.

Well, either way, good luck with your move.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I can't believe I am about to post this sorry excuse for humor, but,

The Queen is on the Move......Long Live the Queen!
Isn't it ... the Queen is dead - long live the Queen

thanks all !

Old 02-04-2011, 07:45 PM

440 posts, read 1,092,072 times
Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofbavaria View Post
boy, that was a loooong journey. 2 years ago we started checking the area around asheville, came down 6 times (1200 miles drive each time - kids hated that after the third time ....), trouble with the builder, our plan, our development went under, could not find a new lot, post boned the move (again ..), found a lot, then the HOA caused so much trouble, my husbands company got bought off with lots of changes ... ... my/our plans seemed to turn in a never ending drama.
but - persistence is good and finally paid off !

in the afternoon of 12/31 , sitting in the motel in Asheville with our realtor and discussing strategies and options, we got a call, our offer was accepted ! we signed the papers right away .... and are SO released now !

we still have the dream of small, green-built home in the future - but really like the new one and I see so much potential ! in times of a really bad economy building a home is just a risk and we are just happy, we were able to get this one home at an unbelievable low price.

will move to South Asheville (still city) in July - very mixed neighborhood, no cookie cutter area at all, lots of trees, safe for kids playing in the street, met very nice neighbors already !
So PLEASE keep your fingers crossed, closing in early february will go well and the queen of bavaria can take over WNC - turning the nightmare into a dream again
I SO feel this is the right thing to do !!

thanks for listening, just had do share this news with you guys !

I wish you wonderful 2011 with tons of happy moments, laughter and health

QoB
Congratulations! Blessings & Favor your way! Donna

Old 02-06-2011, 09:06 AM

thanks, Painted Lady, hope, your journey will come to a 'happy end' soon, too !

I am getting excited - the process of getting a mortgage was QUITE exhausting (you can tell that banks are acting differently nowadays), but hopefully we see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.
At least the house can't be found 'active' on real estate sites anymore, that made me kind of nervous.

closing is supposed to be this coming wednesday - so please keep your fingers crossed one more time !!

Old 02-06-2011, 04:23 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,941,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofbavaria View Post
closing is supposed to be this coming wednesday - so please keep your fingers crossed one more time !!
That's quick! I sincerely hope that it goes smoothly for you until the papers are signed. Good luck and we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:29 PM

thanks. well, since it did not go that smoothly so far, it can only get better, I guess. I will keep you posted.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:33 AM

hey, garth, are you still crossing fingers ? because .... closing got postponed to next week ...

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 02-08-2011 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: Corrected typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina