Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:56 AM

1,174 posts, read 6,947,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofbavaria View Post
hey, garth, are you still crossing fingers ? because .... closing got postponed to next week ...
Boooooo . . . I'll cross my toes, too. Don't you just hate this stuff!

As long as you know you've got all your ducks in a row, this too will pass. It's an inconvenience now, but it will just be a short memory not long from now. Keep the faith.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 02-08-2011 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: Edited quoted text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 09:29 AM

765 posts, read 2,570,188 times
Quote:
hey, garth, are you still crossing fingers ? because .... closing got postponed to next week ...
If this is a foreclosure house then its probably just the bank still trying to get its paperwork completed in time. Our closing was just a shuffle of papers and neither the seller nor the buyer (me) were there. It'll be over soon enough--Larry

Old 02-08-2011, 12:39 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,844,101 times
Quote:
Did you reserve a moving truck? When I bought my house, the mortgage officer told me the best way to guarantee a delay in closing would be to actually hire a truck. "Wait," he said, "until AFTER closing!"

Worked like a charm .....

Old 02-13-2011, 04:52 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,883,371 times
our closing is now planned for this coming Tuesday. but - we did not even get the papers to sign yet .... they are supposed to be here by tomorrow by 10am and I will send them back right away with fedex overnight (but all these delays seem to be home made to me ... things can't work out that way ... at least we saw it coming and are not surprised)

on another note: friends of friends of our family are missionaries (haiti) and only came back for their daughters cancer treatment.
they used to live here in Delaware, now they moved to .... asheville, just 10 minutes away from our new home. what a coincidence !
they are members of the biltmore baptist church ... and this past weekend their little girl died (only five years old). How very sad is that .

they are celebrating susanas homecoming tomorrow and friends of ours are on their drive down to Asheville right now.

Homecoming Celebration for Susana!!! : how can they hear

again it came to my mind: tragedies like this bring you back to earth ... what a luxury problem, if you close on your house in february or march ... that is NOT an issue at all .... just don't sweat the small stuff !
we have a home to live in, family is quite happy and healthy and I am thankful for the wake up call to appreciate and cherish these current days ! I know, this family has lots of support from family and friends - still want to send some positive energy their way.
this friend, who is on her way right now, just texted: this area is SO beautiful, crispy, rich, enchanting: even those, who don't believe in god, have to admit: there MUST be a god, who created all this !
Yes, rest in piece, little Susana !

Last edited by queenofbavaria; 02-13-2011 at 06:05 PM..

Old 02-13-2011, 05:08 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,564,135 times
Default On the move ...

Yes, Queen, that is so very sad about the little girl who passed from cancer. I read the link you provided. The poem about the rocking chair is very touching. May the sweet child rest in peace.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:36 PM

*trumpet horns ooooon* .... we closed on our house this morning. bumpy road, but we made it !!

and, thanks again to our more than great realtor. I met him here and we could not have been happier.

so, thanks to everybody here for the good support.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:26 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,947,795 times
Yipee & Congrats! Come on down, now. The weather has been fine.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:12 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,844,101 times
Quote:
*trumpet horns ooooon* .... we closed on our house this morning. bumpy road, but we made it !!

Congratulations!

Old 02-15-2011, 09:39 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,417,585 times
CONGRATULATIONS, Queenie!

Old 02-16-2011, 06:05 AM

thanks everybody ! I started on a mosaic house number. The background is done. NOW I can add the number !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina