Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 06:21 PM

467 posts, read 1,496,573 times

Advertisements

Do yourself a favor and stay out of Lake Worth.....It's not nice unless you
are a millionaire.....Greenacres isn't much better....UGH.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 06:08 PM

41 posts, read 149,836 times
hey compelled to reply umm queensbridge isnt in brookyln its in Long Island City Queens, im from queens i know this stuff

Old 03-22-2010, 09:48 AM

2 posts, read 4,540 times
I live just East of the Turnpike in Lake Worth. It's not a bad area, but if you go a mile down the road you're in South Central Los Angeles. Good times!

Old 03-24-2010, 03:40 PM

94 posts, read 275,645 times
How about Lake Worth Condos at College Park? Is that a safe nice area?

Old 03-25-2010, 11:38 PM

152 posts, read 337,564 times
The negatives are a bit exaggerated, of course some areas are very much a problem but west, are some nice areas, in general though west Boynton would be better

Old 03-30-2010, 03:24 PM

6 posts, read 13,860 times
Default PBC Resident

I live in Greenacres and just like every area, there is good and bad. If you want land, there are older homes in Florida Gardens or Palm Beach National by the Turnpike. They older neighborhoods but you have some land and no HOA. The downside is that neighborhoods without HOA's is there are very few rules or regulations, only the ones the County Code Enforcer checks on. If someone wants to paint there home purple and put up pink shutters with tons of lawn ornaments and five beat up cars in the drive way, they can and trust me they do. If you find a home in a planned community the HOA tries to protect the investment of all residents and puts rules and regulations in place so the community is clean, uniform and unfortunately cookie cutter, everyone is the same and they have zero lot lines, no land. You usually only have the freedom you want to do inside your home or in a backyard. The HOA fees can be steep depending on where you go. It is all a trade off. Good Luck!

Old 03-31-2010, 03:59 PM

85 posts, read 400,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meenie View Post
How about Lake Worth Condos at College Park? Is that a safe nice area?
Very nice area. The price to own a home within walking distance from the intracoastal can't be beat. I have a friend that lives in that area, several unique mod/50's style homes. They redesigned/resurfaced Federal Hwy about 10 years ago, it was a very nice improvement.

I would pay attention to the homeowner's insurance rates though, if you decide to purchase a home. They can get quite expensive by the water.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:20 PM

15 posts, read 47,970 times
Agreed West Boynton is great but a bit pricey!

Parts of Lake Worth are very nice and my stepkids live there so I know a lot about it! Stick to a community...A really great one with very low HOA fees is Lake Charleston. It's a beautiful non-gated community off Jog and Hagen Ranch. Also GREAT and gated communities with ammenities are Winston Trails (public golf community off Jog) and Smith Farms.

Schools are great is all three. Christa McCauliffe is great Middle School and and Park Vista is the best high school around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach