Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 06:57 PM

31 posts, read 150,267 times

Advertisements

Just moved to Jupiter love it. What is the commute like from Jupiter to Fort Lauderdale Las Olas area? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 09:38 AM

11 posts, read 43,252 times
Default Jupiter bound

Please tell me what you think.

Thanks

Old 05-12-2008, 09:41 AM

31 posts, read 150,267 times
It's about 60-75 minutes on the turnpike, depending on traffic. It's worth it to be in the calm of the jupiter area.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:01 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,050,573 times
Ride Tri-Rail ! You will save $$$ and stress. Take the Mangonia station to the Ft.Lauderdale station. Here is a map of the stops : South Florida Regional Transportation Authority (SFRTA) (http://www.tri-rail.com/system_map/index.htm - broken link)

Old 05-17-2008, 10:24 AM

17 posts, read 73,982 times
I commuted to Miami from Jupiter. It was 59 miles, took an hour on the turnpike. It actually took me less time to commute to Miami than to commute to downtown West Palm Beach from Jupiter during Rush hour. I loved the fact that it was quiet for 2 hours a day. Commuting on 95 sucked! The truckers were obnoxious, aggressive and that was stressful. The old peoples from New York City who hadn't driven since they got their license at 18 seemed to be on 95.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:45 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,050,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideascubed View Post
I commuted to Miami from Jupiter. It was 59 miles, took an hour on the turnpike. It actually took me less time to commute to Miami than to commute to downtown West Palm Beach from Jupiter during Rush hour. I loved the fact that it was quiet for 2 hours a day. Commuting on 95 sucked! The truckers were obnoxious, aggressive and that was stressful. The old peoples from New York City who hadn't driven since they got their license at 18 seemed to be on 95.

Dude...there is no way Miami to Jupiter is 59 Miles. It's more like 100 miles.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:09 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,567 times
It's around 65 miles from Jupiter to Las Olas Blvd give or take how far east your going on Indiantown and Las Olas Blvd. If you go 95 exit to exit it's actually shorter. Turnpike would be longer drive.

I would not suggest the daily commute back and forth, traffic on 95 plus the occasional grid lock is a nightmare the further south you go add in the cost of gas $$$.

10 years ago you could drive the FL Turnpike north and south and see very little traffic and make good time, those days are over.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:27 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
10 years ago you could drive the FL Turnpike north and south and see very little traffic and make good time, those days are over.
What are you talking about? Probably once a week I get called out to someplace like Lake Worth or Loxahatchee during peak times and my cruising speed (in the middle lane) is 85 mph all the way down south to the Golden Glades. Actually this morning I had to get up at 6 and go to Lake Worth and then go to Hollywood and it took me 45 minutes leaving at 7:30. The construction in Broward County has cruising speed down to around 70 mph at times which still isn't too shabby. If there is ever an accident the delay is usually for 5 minutes max. Much much better bet than 95 even now, which doesn't even back up until you get well into Dade County, it just has more ramps and lanes to HANDLE the traffic.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:24 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
What are you talking about? Probably once a week I get called out to someplace like Lake Worth or Loxahatchee during peak times and my cruising speed (in the middle lane) is 85 mph all the way down south to the Golden Glades. Actually this morning I had to get up at 6 and go to Lake Worth and then go to Hollywood and it took me 45 minutes leaving at 7:30. The construction in Broward County has cruising speed down to around 70 mph at times which still isn't too shabby. If there is ever an accident the delay is usually for 5 minutes max. Much much better bet than 95 even now, which doesn't even back up until you get well into Dade County, it just has more ramps and lanes to HANDLE the traffic.
You drove from Weston to Lake Worth then back to Hollywood in 45 minutes? What?

I take it your not paying for your own gas at 85 mph? lol!

My point was, back in the day you could drive the Turnpike with ease, little traffic, let's say less volume and very rarely did I see trucks on it, they use to take 95 more, now it's the opposite.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:50 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
No, I drove from Weston just to Lake Worth in 45 minutes and then 45 back to Hollywood, and my car averages around 33 mpg. I was actually hanging out in the right lane most of the time today just going 5 over the speed limit. I pay my own gas though and it's starting to hurt...

I do see what you are saying about the actual volume. The turnpike used to be almost deserted. I-75 out here used to be like that too, four lanes per direction of pure highway bliss. It still has a 70mph speed limit and moves that fast but there are a lot of cars and way more trucks now. Of course it was always a truckers route but with all of that room, you barley noticed.

I personally think they should build an express commuter train in the middle of 75 (like non-stop service from Griffin Rd, Pines, Miramar Pkwy, etc) then through the Palmetto and then on the Dolphin into downtown Miami. I think it would really cut down on the commute time if you have to work down there since so many people do it every day...and that commute SUCKS and I think it could ease traffic for people commuting into Hialeah. When they build the trolley down Broward Blvd in Ft. Lauderdale, it could make Tri Rail more effective for people in Palm Beach if there is enough capacity...

Kinda funny how that works, every in Palm Beach County commutes to Ft. Lauderdale and everyone on the west side of Broward commutes to Miami...

Last edited by compelled to reply; 05-19-2008 at 12:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach