Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 11:30 AM

19 posts, read 44,348 times

Advertisements

My husband took a job in Greenacres, Florida. We have friends that live in Wellington that swear by that area for as far as being safe, good schools, etc. We have 6 children we are moving and two Seniors in High School. We have always chosen beach or ski resort areas. Do not like box stores, we like quaint. I do not shop a lot anymore, it's overrated! I like my home, self-employment, luxury home design and homeschool 2 of my children. I want to walk down the street or to the beach with my 3 little ones and not be stared at by a bunch of foreign landscapers (if that exists). I am down to earth though, like the finer things but do not keep up with the Joneses! Date night for us is getting Lobster or making our own Sushi at home. Fine Dining I plan to start doing more at least once a month w/ the hubby and once with the kids. I'm not going to Red Lobster! What do I do? Safety First!

How far is Jupiter to Greenacres?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,704 times
Wellington is a great area and a better commute to Greenacres. Jupiter would probably be more "quaint", but it's about 45 - 50 minutes from Greenacres. In season, Wellington is a lot busier because its polo/equestrian country; totally manageable though.

Best!

Old 10-02-2013, 05:28 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,599,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResortMommaof7 View Post
My husband took a job in Greenacres, Florida. We have friends that live in Wellington that swear by that area for as far as being safe, good schools, etc. We have 6 children we are moving and two Seniors in High School. We have always chosen beach or ski resort areas. Do not like box stores, we like quaint. I do not shop a lot anymore, it's overrated! I like my home, self-employment, luxury home design and homeschool 2 of my children. I want to walk down the street or to the beach with my 3 little ones and not be stared at by a bunch of foreign landscapers (if that exists). I am down to earth though, like the finer things but do not keep up with the Joneses! Date night for us is getting Lobster or making our own Sushi at home. Fine Dining I plan to start doing more at least once a month w/ the hubby and once with the kids. I'm not going to Red Lobster! What do I do? Safety First!

How far is Jupiter to Greenacres?
I just met a couple with 12 children that moved to Wellington at a social, the wife does not work, the husband works a few miles down the road from here. They looked at Jupiter but the high level of illegals and foreign landscapers walking or riding down Indiantown Road changed the wife's mind in a heartbeat.

You won't see this in Wellington, but it's a favorite hangout in Jupiter.

El Sol | Jupiter's Neighborhood Resource Center

Old 10-03-2013, 07:45 AM

431 posts, read 1,669,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
I just met a couple with 12 children that moved to Wellington at a social, the wife does not work, the husband works a few miles down the road from here. They looked at Jupiter but the high level of illegals and foreign landscapers walking or riding down Indiantown Road changed the wife's mind in a heartbeat.

LOL.
THX 1138 is a self confessed resident of Welly World, and obviously proud of it. Welly is nice, no doubt about it.
Do your own homework. Once you do, you will realize there is no comparison between Jupiter and Welly. You get what you pay for in life!

Old 10-03-2013, 08:21 AM

17,340 posts, read 22,081,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post

Yeah, El Sol was allowed by the city to get the migrants off the city streets (loitering, looking for work). Not sure if it was a good idea or not but if I lived off Center street in a million dollar waterfront home then I definitely would want El Sol to get them off my street! (NIMBY).

Welly World is ok, but be fair THX there is a lot more to both areas than your post covers....Welly World has the rich and famous for a few months a year but gets the thugs from Belle Glade/Pahokee hanging out around the mall year round (remember the famous food fight in the food court). Welly has low income/section 8 stuff, just stop by the car wash on 441 on Saturday night and you will think you just stepped into Miami Gardens!

Jupiter has a growing illegal population, from Toney Penna to Center Street east of Military but the OP wouldn't be living anywhere near there! Donald Ross Road gives a much different view of the same town.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:51 PM

19 posts, read 44,348 times
Ok, thank you all for the input. I don't feel much closer to knowing what is what. I guess I want to know more about Jupiter. Wellington, I have visited, although I pretty much hung out at our friends home and did not see a heck of a lot of Wellington. The area did zero, zilch, nada, nothing for me, but maybe it was just my timing???

I think Jupiter is my style from the little I have been able to research. Just don't want to put my husband through the stress of extra travel if it doesn't make sense. All I know is I may not end up in Florida if I don't find the right spot. And if it's Wellington, I think I may end up very very sad. (; Please tell me more....

thanks a bunch!

Old 10-03-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by U120 View Post
LOL.
THX 1138 is a self confessed resident of Welly World, and obviously proud of it. Welly is nice, no doubt about it.
Do your own homework. Once you do, you will realize there is no comparison between Jupiter and Welly. You get what you pay for in life!
It's nice in Welly World but it's far from perfect and there are things I like better about Jupiter, one being it's closer to the beach and parking is free, aside from that and a handful of restaurants, it's lacking a lot and a farther drive from all the action south and beyond.

Wellington has more to offer families, reason why so many people with families move or are moving here, everything is convenient, no need to drive all the way down to Northlake to go to Target or Costco which during season is a nightmare. It has it's issues as does Jupiter, but one drive back Limestone Creek and you will find out how bad it is, worst than the 12th Fairway in Welly and a drug haven,

Man and woman found shot to death in car in Limestone Creek area west of Jupiter

Man found shot to death in suburban Jupiter identified | www.palmbeachpost.com

Yes, do indeed "do your own homework"...great suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Yeah, El Sol was allowed by the city to get the migrants off the city streets (loitering, looking for work). Not sure if it was a good idea or not but if I lived off Center street in a million dollar waterfront home then I definitely would want El Sol to get them off my street! (NIMBY).

Welly World is ok, but be fair THX there is a lot more to both areas than your post covers....Welly World has the rich and famous for a few months a year but gets the thugs from Belle Glade/Pahokee hanging out around the mall year round (remember the famous food fight in the food court). Welly has low income/section 8 stuff, just stop by the car wash on 441 on Saturday night and you will think you just stepped into Miami Gardens!

Jupiter has a growing illegal population, from Toney Penna to Center Street east of Military but the OP wouldn't be living anywhere near there! Donald Ross Road gives a much different view of the same town.
Celebs are here often you just do not know where to see them, I have friends that saw Bruce Springsteen a few times throughout the year. I haven't run into him yet, but they told me he blends in quite well. I do not follow ET and Celeb Gossip, so I could careless if I see any of them. There is plenty of wealthy people here year round, trust me I know...

I agree with you on the Belle Glade/Pahokee crowd hanging out at the mall and they bus a lot in from WPB too. They have a lot of issues in the mall with petty crime, no joke. I do not hang out at the mall and rarely go there, it's full of kids literally, the playground in front of JCP is always full of screaming kids. Gardens Mall or Boca Town Center is more my speed, stores and crowd. Sweater over the shoulder types, Westport look and, the baseball hats, sports jerseys, sagging pants get's a little old.

Yes, Shoma and 12th Fairway..welfare haven, Section 8....you must be talking about Motor City near Shoma, that's the hood and they are building more apartments nearby....but the same can be said about Jupiter in places. Limestone Creek is a dump and the school is right there, if I had kids I would be uneasy about sending them there.

Personally my long term plans are to leave South Florida someday in the near future, once the prices return and prior to the next bubble bursting which may happen sooner thanks to the Feds shutting down the Government, I can then dump my house, that's paid for in full, along with my investment properties and leave. I have NorCal in my sights, Wine Country more of what Wellington was like when I moved here in the 90's albeit expensive but far from the suburban sprawl it has become.

Face it in due time, the Miami migration northward is inevitable, most of the area will be commandeered by Juan Valdez and his Donkey...seems fitting since in 1513 Juan Ponce de León claimed Florida for the Spanish Crown...just took 500+ years to get it back....they can have it, was a good run while it lasted...

Old 10-03-2013, 07:42 PM

166 posts, read 384,615 times
Your description is kind of eclectic if that makes sense. Please describe where you live now, suburbs, urban, miles to beach, car or mass transit, size of your current home, etc. etc. Wellington is a western suburban town known for large lots and equestrian folks. It has very good schools and there is entertainment in West Palm Beach directly to the east.

Why is Jupiter your style explain ? What is your style ?

Old 10-03-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResortMommaof7 View Post
Ok, thank you all for the input. I don't feel much closer to knowing what is what. I guess I want to know more about Jupiter. Wellington, I have visited, although I pretty much hung out at our friends home and did not see a heck of a lot of Wellington. The area did zero, zilch, nada, nothing for me, but maybe it was just my timing???

I think Jupiter is my style from the little I have been able to research. Just don't want to put my husband through the stress of extra travel if it doesn't make sense. All I know is I may not end up in Florida if I don't find the right spot. And if it's Wellington, I think I may end up very very sad. (; Please tell me more....

thanks a bunch!
Where in Wellington were you? Aside from the beach, Jupiter is suburban sprawl just like Wellington and most of South Florida.

Why not just live on Palm Beach or in El Cid in downtown WPB? Those places have more character, not so much cookie cutter and a easy drive.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhitchcock View Post
Wellington is a western suburban town known for large lots and equestrian folks.
?
Not exactly true while there are some large lots, the Equestrian properties are very expensive, PB Polo, Mallet Hill, Equestrian estates are for the rich only and are on the western edge, majority of Wellington is zero lot line and tightly stacked communities.

Madonna was looking at buying a house in Mallet Hill.

Wellington Equestrian Properties, Palm Beach Polo Homes for Sale, Winter Equestrian Festival Rentals - Palm Beach Polo Realty

Homes For Sale in Mallet Hill of Wellington Countryplace, Wellington and Mallet Hill of Wellington Countryplace Real Estate - Estately.com

If you want affordable large lots, you have to go out to Loxahatchee or the Acreage...

You would be surprised of the people I meet that moved here in the past few years that do not even know these homes exist here, because their world circles around 441 and Forest Hill Blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach