Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 12:41 PM

19 posts, read 44,368 times

Advertisements

My husband drove through and didn't seem all that impressed. I don't know, he seems to like Wellington or is 50/50. I'm staying in New Jersey until I gather more info and I guess make my way down. I don't like things to do as in "City Place", I like serenity, safe beach, quaint......I don't know if that is East Coast Florida. Thinking I'm probably a Sanibel Island Girl. but my husband would have to travel 3 hours each way! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 05:50 AM

126 posts, read 270,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResortMommaof7 View Post
My husband took a job in Greenacres, Florida. We have friends that live in Wellington that swear by that area for as far as being safe, good schools, etc. We have 6 children we are moving and two Seniors in High School. We have always chosen beach or ski resort areas. Do not like box stores, we like quaint. I do not shop a lot anymore, it's overrated! I like my home, self-employment, luxury home design and homeschool 2 of my children. I want to walk down the street or to the beach with my 3 little ones and not be stared at by a bunch of foreign landscapers (if that exists). I am down to earth though, like the finer things but do not keep up with the Joneses! Date night for us is getting Lobster or making our own Sushi at home. Fine Dining I plan to start doing more at least once a month w/ the hubby and once with the kids. I'm not going to Red Lobster! What do I do? Safety First!

How far is Jupiter to Greenacres?
OMG! I'm appalled someone who enjoys "luxury home design" and the "finer things" and might be "stared at by a bunch of foreign landscapers" could live in a place called "Greenacres" (remembering the 1960's TV show) since it's not a "beach or ski resort". However, it's great you're so "down to earth." (Down-to-Earth: Practical and Realistic)

Old 11-23-2013, 06:49 AM

623 posts, read 967,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InPlaneSight View Post
OMG! I'm appalled someone who enjoys "luxury home design" and the "finer things" and might be "stared at by a bunch of foreign landscapers" could live in a place called "Greenacres" (remembering the 1960's TV show) since it's not a "beach or ski resort". However, it's great you're so "down to earth." (Down-to-Earth: Practical and Realistic)

Green acres is the place to be
Farm living is the life for me
Land spreading out,
so far and wide
Keep Manhattan,
just give me that countryside.

New York
is where I'd rather stay
I get allergic smelling hay
I just adore a penthouse view
Darling, I love you,
but give me Park Avenue. The Chores The Stores Fresh air Times Square

You are my wife. Goodbye city life. Green Acres, we are there!

Old 12-15-2013, 04:13 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,374,862 times
I have lived in both Wellington and Jupiter. I moved from Wellington to Jupiter. Wellington used to be more of the type of community you describe but since the mall was built, then it blossomed into more of a city. Jupiter, is much quieter, yet offers everything you need close by as well. It has beautiful beaches and picnic areas, boating facilities, and is a much higher income area than Wellington is as a whole. Of course like any area, whether it be Wellington, Jupiter or Boca, they all have there less desirable sections, but over all it is a very nice community. Very clean, well kept, good schools, beautiful beaches and your not amerced in back to back box stores all over the place. It is also surrounded by other lovely cities like Tequesta to the North and Juno Beach to the south. Jupiter has kept it's old town feel to it. Wellington has not , and is surrounded by areas that are lower income and have much more crime. But there would be a commute of about 40 minutes probably door to door. When you come to visit Jupiter, make sure to visit the beaches at Jupiter, and the wooded picnic areas near the inlet. My two cents. Hope it helps.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:01 AM

134 posts, read 283,083 times
These places are very different. My advice is to decide what you like better... the ocean or not... that is it. if you have spent time in Wellington, now spend a few days in Jupiter. Go to a motel for 2 or 3 days and drive around.

Once you decide what you like better, then think about schools. Schools will be your biggest problem. Your 2 oldest kids should be OK in public schools, but for the younger ones try to continue home schooling and / or send them to private school or try to get them into the School of the Arts, if they are artistically inclined, though this is not easy. I do not know where you live now, but Palm Beach County is the school district, not individual towns / cities. The district changes school boundaries every so often, and there is a lot of busing.

You have described your perfect place, which is good, but it does not exist. All previous comments have been correct. My theory is that you can learn a lot by going to McDonald's and observing the help.

PS At the end of the day after working in Greenacres your husband will deserve a very nice place to live.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:29 AM

134 posts, read 283,083 times
PS The commute time for your husband will not be much different... from Greenacres east on side roads to I95 to Jupiter, or from Greenacres north on side roads to Forest Hill or Southern Boulevard to Wellington.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:41 AM

24,410 posts, read 27,021,173 times
@OP:

Wellington sounds more like what you are looking for... you may want to consider Palm Beach Gardens as well.

Old 12-29-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modhatter View Post
I have lived in both Wellington and Jupiter. I moved from Wellington to Jupiter. Wellington used to be more of the type of community you describe but since the mall was built, then it blossomed into more of a city. Jupiter, is much quieter, yet offers everything you need close by as well. It has beautiful beaches and picnic areas, boating facilities, and is a much higher income area than Wellington is as a whole. Of course like any area, whether it be Wellington, Jupiter or Boca, they all have there less desirable sections, but over all it is a very nice community. Very clean, well kept, good schools, beautiful beaches and your not amerced in back to back box stores all over the place. It is also surrounded by other lovely cities like Tequesta to the North and Juno Beach to the south. Jupiter has kept it's old town feel to it. Wellington has not , and is surrounded by areas that are lower income and have much more crime. But there would be a commute of about 40 minutes probably door to door. When you come to visit Jupiter, make sure to visit the beaches at Jupiter, and the wooded picnic areas near the inlet. My two cents. Hope it helps.
Thank you for your advise

Old 12-29-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieUSA View Post
You have described your perfect place, which is good, but it does not exist. All previous comments have been correct. My theory is that you can learn a lot by going to McDonald's and observing the help.

Good idea!

PS At the end of the day after working in Greenacres your husband will deserve a very nice place to live.
LOL! Yes, after his mostly 12 - 14 hour days and deserve a home cooked meal!!

Old 12-29-2013, 01:25 PM

Thank you very much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach