Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:44 AM

20 posts, read 73,497 times

Advertisements

Would you rather raise a young family in Wellington or Jupiter and why? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 08:47 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,421,901 times
I really think you need to evaluate the type of setting you wish to be in. The two communities are very similar, and both are great areas to raise kids, both have good schools and low crime, and both have an upscale feel.

Jupiter offers closer access to the beach and water living. Wellington offers more land/horse oriented activities.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:16 AM

10 posts, read 50,325 times
If you have the money, without a doubt---WELLINGTON! Jupiter may have some nice places but there are no "bad" places in Wellington.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:15 AM

7 posts, read 19,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffles917 View Post
We are actually moving to Palm Beach county next month for my husband's job in PBG. We just went down to look for homes and looked in PBG, Jupiter, and Wellington. Although we liked Wellington, we decided that we would prefer a shorter commute for him. We have 2 young children (2.5 and 1) and want him to get home earlier. But, because we are still not set on Jupiter or PBG, and with the way the housing market is, we are going to put our things in storage and have a furnished rental for a while. We really liked Abacoa in Jupiter (only certain neighborhoods... in some the houses are just too close together) and we stilll have a lot to see. Like a previous poster said, it really depends on what you are looking for. We are not horse people, so that doesn't really factor into our decision. It seems like both communities are really nice, and you can definitely get more house for your money in Wellington... we just decided we'd go for a smaller house with a shorter commute. Good luck!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:08 AM

20 posts, read 73,497 times
thanks for the response. my daughter is 1 as well. i think that we also may rent for 6 months before buying.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:03 PM

4 posts, read 12,638 times
Jupiter is definetly the way to go. We live in the Heights of Jupiter and it is a great place to raise kids. Great schools. East commute.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:13 PM

66 posts, read 320,356 times
Wellington - great schools, great parks and recreations department, and hard to get to - the last of the three is probably the most important because it helps keep the I95 highway crime away.....

Old 07-18-2008, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,040 times
I live in Lake Worth six months a year and six in MD. To me Jupiter would be much better as far as schools they appears to be just TOO MUCCCCH drugs in the Wellington schools. oo much of an easy axis to getting it. IMO

Peace

Old 07-19-2008, 08:14 AM

12 posts, read 43,945 times
Quote:

No questions, Wellington. I am a Wellington resident, former Jupiter. Much happier here.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:15 PM

12 posts, read 88,036 times
Quote:
thanks for the response. my daughter is 1 as well. i think that we also may rent for 6 months before buying.

Smart choice. Find out where you want to be before committing to anything. I'm renting in Well, really like it so far, and very glad I chose this route vs. buying right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach