Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 09:48 PM

19 posts, read 44,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Where in Wellington were you? Aside from the beach, Jupiter is suburban sprawl just like Wellington and most of South Florida.

Why not just live on Palm Beach or in El Cid in downtown WPB? Those places have more character, not so much cookie cutter and a easy drive.
IDK, looking for safety, quaint, architecturally pleasing with a luxury sort of feel whether small or large scale. I don't go to box stores often and if at all. I'd rather live in an area where I have to drive 45 min to get to one. That's my kind of living!

as far as where I was in Wellington, idk, I think it wasn't too far from the polo club....houses were a decent distance apart......sprawling ranch type neighborhood w/ the alligator streams in the back yard!

Hmmm, I think NCal is sounding pretty nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 03:32 PM

22 posts, read 40,218 times
Have you considered North Palm Beach or Palm Beach Gardens? We live in the Gardens and it's an easy commute anywhere with the proximity to the turnpike or I-95 but the beaches are 10 minutes away. If you want intracoastal, look at North Palm.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az2fla View Post
Have you considered North Palm Beach or Palm Beach Gardens? We live in the Gardens and it's an easy commute anywhere with the proximity to the turnpike or I-95 but the beaches are 10 minutes away. If you want intracoastal, look at North Palm.
Thanks for your input, I'll check it out. I need safe top schools, so I am looking at Jupiter.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:21 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,168,681 times
I tritto Palm Beach Gardens. Gorgeous, 5 min to some of the worlds best beaches, clean, uncrowded, friendly. I hope it stays this way...

Old 10-24-2013, 06:46 PM

11 posts, read 18,331 times
I have lived in both Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens. The schools in Jupiter are much better. There is less crime. It is a smaller town feel than Wellington or Palm Beach Gardens. Much less congested and generally much nicer. I have had to drive to down to the Palm Springs area and it has only taken me about thirty minutes. It really depends upon the time of day. My husbands job used to be located in West Palm Beach and he made the drive happily to know that the kids were in a small and nicer community. Hope this helps.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:18 AM

1,252 posts, read 3,486,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResortMommaof7 View Post
Thanks for your input, I'll check it out. I need safe top schools, so I am looking at Jupiter.
To see how public or private schools are rated individually, go to GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community for a ton of information.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgoedmakers View Post
I have lived in both Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens. The schools in Jupiter are much better. There is less crime. It is a smaller town feel than Wellington or Palm Beach Gardens. Much less congested and generally much nicer. I have had to drive to down to the Palm Springs area and it has only taken me about thirty minutes. It really depends upon the time of day. My husbands job used to be located in West Palm Beach and he made the drive happily to know that the kids were in a small and nicer community. Hope this helps.
Thank you. It does help. It's my thought also, I just hope the trade offs are worth the lifestyle. He will be going there for the first time tomorrow to look at rentals throughout different parts of Jupiter/Tequesta.

Any preferences in areas?

Old 11-13-2013, 04:24 PM

11 posts, read 18,331 times
I lived in Tequesta when our family moved here while I was in high school. I would tell you that I prefer Jupiter hands down. It is much nicer for families in Jupiter than Tequesta. The people in Tequesta are generally older but if you live in on the Martin County side; taxes are lower and schools are even better. Jupiter schools though are rated very high. Jupiter is also an easier commute for someone who is going down South. Hope this is helpful.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:22 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,168,681 times
I also agree with v goed. Jupiter has so much more going for it imho than Tequesta. But Jupiter (and PBG) are pricey.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:43 PM

17,360 posts, read 22,108,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
I also agree with v goed. Jupiter has so much more going for it imho than Tequesta. But Jupiter (and PBG) are pricey.

I wouldn't agree (though I am not a Tequesta fan). Tequesta shares Jupiter schools, Jupiter Medical Center so those would be moot points. Tequesta also doesn't have the rough areas like Jupiter's sizable Guatemalan population or ghetto off Booker T Washington Blvd. and they have a very devoted police department (think Barney Fife with a radar gun and a fresh ticket book!). PBG and Jupiter also have multiple trailer parks (though Jupiter just demolished one of them) and PBG has rough areas off Military Trail/Cabana Colony.

Martin county side of Tequesta also don't have the greatest schools despite what an earlier poster commented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach