Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2014, 06:18 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,913,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
You can give your opinion - and people can challenge your opinion, or lambast it as crap (which it is). That is how internet forums work. If you don't like it, don't post.

Considering you live in an incredibly homogenous place with very few immigrants, I don't think your opinion on the matter is at all relevant. Your experience in life is so limited that everything you post is horribly ill-informed. You have very little exposure to real life - you have been coddled by your parents.

Also note how I said your post was borderline racist - you're making gross generalisations about an entire race - a race you have little experience with, exlcuding your sister's friend or some crap like that. It's pathetic.
Its not generalisations. Anytime I see a black person on tv or even in real life they always seem to get uptight and offended.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:19 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,827,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
I will not rise to nonsense like that of that Dean who wish to take the ... Out of me. I am giving my opinion, I am allowed to give my opinion and I will continue to give my opinion. It is a free country and I have a right to express myself.

I have already made my views about immigrants wide so I really do not need to express further but I seen absolutely nothing offensive in my posts. They really just speak how it really is.

I personally think some people need to take a chill pill and stop being so politically correct.
No owen, you're a naive little boy that's lived a completely sheltered life. You're terrified of the real world and anything you don't agree with is completely wrong, disgusting etc.

How you can tell people to stop being so politically correct is unbelievable. You're the most boring, politically correct teenager on the planet! Anything regarding sex, drugs and rock n roll completely offends you!

Old 02-18-2014, 06:19 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,631,263 times
It is a generalisation - you are taking a few individuals (apparently - your posts can hardly be taken seriously) and applying their behaviour to the rest. That is generalising. It's like me claiming all people from Northern Ireland are hyperbolic idiots because of you.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:22 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,858,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Considering you live in an incredibly homogenous place with very few immigrants, I don't think your opinion on the matter is at all relevant.
I'm not going into the "is it relevant or not" -thing (a person who never tried drugs can't criticize them etc), but a Finnish study showed that people living in rural areas have much more negative attitudes against immigrants than people living in cities with much more immigrants, like Helsinki, Turku and Espoo. No surprise here, as the rural hicks rely more on stereotypes and hearsay and not actual encounters. Surely applies to Owen as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean york View Post
No owen, you're a naive little boy that's lived a completely sheltered life. You're terrified of the real world and anything you don't agree with is completely wrong, disgusting etc.

How you can tell people to stop being so politically correct is unbelievable. You're the most boring, politically correct teenager on the planet! Anything regarding sex, drugs and rock n roll completely offends you!
No it is merely that you are unaccomodating to conservatives.

6,517 posts, read 5,827,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Its not generalisations. Anytime I see a black person on tv or even in real life they always seem to get uptight and offended.
^^ This guy!

Old 02-18-2014, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I'm not going into the "is it relevant or not" -thing (a person who never tried drugs can't criticize them etc), but a Finnish study showed that people living in rural areas have much more negative attitudes against immigrants than people living in cities with much more immigrants, like Helsinki, Turku and Espoo. No surprise here, as the rural hicks rely more on stereotypes and hearsay and not actual encounters. Surely applies to Owen as well.
I think Owen is the very definition of a rural hick.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I'm not really like that at all. My father is awful my sister is marrying a Nigerian and the first thing out of his mouth was "is it in the Catholic church "

I mean seriously it is absolutely nothing to do with him.
My father is quite smart but also quite gullible in the sense that he believes everything the news says.

I just don't like it when black people use their position to take advantage of us by playing the victim. I also think that the immigrants should be coming here and absorbing into our society.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:32 AM

As I mentioned, your experience with immigrants is limited - you live in a rural area in the most culturally and racially homogenous part of the UK - what exactly do you know about immigrants assimilating into 'our' society? Not much, I suspect.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:38 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,858,191 times
The largest foreign languages in Turku are Russian and Albanian. Never heard anyone of them playing the victim. I have an Ethiopian as a neighbor and a friend of mine is Pakistani, and they never play the victim or blame others for any hardship.

Really, get out and meet people instead of taking your info from reality TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.