Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2012, 05:22 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,526,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean york View Post
At least you will be cool!

Old 11-08-2012, 05:44 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,872,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
39 c today
32 celsius at 9pm

this was enough for me. I just went and bought an a/c. Now i will eat rice for the next 6 months but, who cares???

I HAVE A/C
I'm happy for you, you are a nice person and it seems like you've been suffering. Congradulations!!

Old 11-08-2012, 06:26 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,597,771 times
Quote:
39 c today
32 celsius at 9pm

this was enough for me. I just went and bought an a/c. Now i will eat rice for the next 6 months but, who cares???

I HAVE A/C

Old 11-08-2012, 08:26 PM

thanks guys

Old 11-09-2012, 02:16 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,260,755 times
Quote:
thanks guys
Air con at night will mean you'll get quality sleep and can handle the extremes better during the day.

We are moving into our new house this weekend. While there is an air conditioning unit in the centre of the property, there is none in the bedrooms so hope to get something sorted out soon (while I lean more on the warm lovers side, I prefer cooler evenings, at least for sleeping).

Old 11-09-2012, 05:11 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,997,640 times
Quote:

I HAVE A/C
Assuming it's in good working order (which I'm sure it is), congratulations. You should be much more comfortable now.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:27 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,578,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Warmest bedtime temp (midnight) last summer was 28°C here. For folks living in the city centre it was 32°C. Both are uncomfortable in a last floor apartment without AC or a fan, though the latter much more so.
Yuck! Even during heatwaves, we don't stay too warm at night - I am just looking at the data for July 2006 at one station not far from here, and even on days when the temperature reached 32C, the temperature would fall back to around 14/15C - or if the temperature reached 31C, it would fall back to around 12/13C, so in some cases, nearly a 20 degree drop.

I guess without cloud, warm nighttime temperatures are just very hard to achieve here.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADGreen View Post
Air con at night will mean you'll get quality sleep and can handle the extremes better during the day.

We are moving into our new house this weekend. While there is an air conditioning unit in the centre of the property, there is none in the bedrooms so hope to get something sorted out soon (while I lean more on the warm lovers side, I prefer cooler evenings, at least for sleeping).
yes, i dont care if daytime temperatures are 40c, as long as im able to sleep at night. Worst thing about the heat, by far, are the hot nights and the consecuences of them (not being able to sleep at all, not being able to cool off any ambients for months, etc) and this city is known cause the temperature doesnt drop when the sun dissapears. Yesterday night at 11pm temp was 32c!!!!!

Hope you can find a/c for your new house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
Assuming it's in good working order (which I'm sure it is), congratulations. You should be much more comfortable now.
Thanks Patricius! Im gonna have it installed on wednesday, so still some days to go, and tomorrow they ship it to my house, so i still dont have it. Yesterday was the hottest night of the heatwave (32c at 11pm) and i couldnt sleep AT ALL. Frozen sheets doesnt work at all, i wont advice no one to do it, cause when you put the sheets back in the mattress, they INSTANTLY become hot again. Today we are having a big storm and rains (the cool off storm, hopefully) but my appartment is still very very hot, mostly cause i cant open the windows (its raining too much), so, here inside the temp is 40c.

Next wednesday i wont have this kind of problems anymore

Old 11-09-2012, 11:16 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,217,577 times
Quote:
39 c today
32 celsius at 9pm

I HAVE A/C
Congratulations! Definitely worth the investment, IMO. I would rather eat rice in a comfortable room as opposed to a gourmet dinner in a hot and stuffy room.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:51 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,997,640 times
Quote:
yes, i dont care if daytime temperatures are 40c, as long as im able to sleep at night. Worst thing about the heat, by far, are the hot nights and the consecuences of them (not being able to sleep at all, not being able to cool off any ambients for months, etc) and this city is known cause the temperature doesnt drop when the sun dissapears. Yesterday night at 11pm temp was 32c!!!!!
I agree with that sentiment - nights are the most important.

Quote:
Thanks Patricius! Im gonna have it installed on wednesday, so still some days to go, and tomorrow they ship it to my house, so i still dont have it.
At least there's an end in sight. You can count down the days and hours until your misery ends. Perhaps you should start posting in the happy thread .

Quote:
Frozen sheets doesnt work at all, i wont advice no one to do it, cause when you put the sheets back in the mattress, they INSTANTLY become hot again.
Too bad. Well, it was worth a try.

Quote:
Today we are having a big storm and rains (the cool off storm, hopefully) but my appartment is still very very hot, mostly cause i cant open the windows (its raining too much), so, here inside the temp is 40c.
40C? No wonder frozen sheets instantly became hot. My experience with frozen sheets was with inside temperatures of 25C.

As for the cool-off storm, I'll go off on a tangent. I think it would be neat to live in a place that was extremely hot and dry, but at the same time had a high daily range, like the 100/20F climate I spoke about. It would be even cooler if when it rained in the afternoon the temperature dropped to the 40's or 50's due to wetbulbing/dynamic cooling. Going from 100F and dry to 50F with heavy rain would be really something. It may not be realistic, but I still think it's cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather