Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2014, 09:51 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,393,502 times

Advertisements

lolz

Old 05-05-2014, 09:51 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,712,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
My sister just lets them.. One day we sent her in for chips and she didn't come out. After an hour we went in to see her at the end of the que despite being there long ago.. Theres a balance between manners and being rude
You waited an hour for chips?.... that is funny.

You could always take the drive thru.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:00 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,081,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post

This is the worst! Goddamnit, morning rush bus and some damn jerk is looking all over the place for his/her bus pass or for the money. The buses usually have like 40€ in change, as we had a series of robberies maybe 5-10 years back. And once some idiot comes and tries to buy the single ticket worth 2.50€ with a 100€ bill!
Our buses don't make change. It's exact fare only and if you don't have change to pay the extra it goes into the can anyway and you lose it.

It always surprises me when I am in a busy large city eslewhere and the bus driver actually makes change for people getting on board.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:27 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,899,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
You waited an hour for chips?.... that is funny.

You could always take the drive thru.
It was her and it was packed but she let everyone ahead of her.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:28 AM

Its not a purse its a handbag

Old 05-05-2014, 10:31 AM

277 posts, read 315,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
This is reaaaaaaaaaaaaally annoying. It's 10 minutes before closing time, and some middle-aged woman buys groceries for like 70€. Always. Sometimes I've said that "well you really should have digged for your purse earlier, jerk. Look at the queue!" Luckily this is a pretty "in your face" culture, so I'll mostly get only annoyed grunts back, or they are embarrassed.

One annoying thing is also the "cutting martyrs". People who have just a couple of items and they come and say "hey I'm really in a hurry I have to catch the bus, can I pleaaase go before you?". Luckily this has become more seldom nowadays. Mostly only elderly people "having a stroke" or being a "war veteran" do this.

But let me continue my rant. We have a lot of students living in the area and some Uni facilities are also nearby, and it's really annoying when the "Spanish ball" arrives. A group of (usually) Spanish or Mexican exchange students browse some wares and debate wildly if they should buy it. In the middle of the hallway, in a ball, and impossible to pass. You have to shout "SORRY" or "EXCUSE ME" for them to hear, otherwise they pay no heed.

Of course I'm also friendly when needed. A week or so I stayed back and talk with the cashier when a man speaking poor English came to the cashier and asked for pizza dough. I volunteered to show them instead of the cashier, but he wasn't searching for flour to make dough at all, he wanted crusts already with sauce. I showed, explained and helped him, and did the good deed for the day. And sometimes the counter also packs my groceries in a plastic bag, and I've never seen her do that for anyone else.

I know. We don't do it either, but won't tolerate rudeness or foolishness either. And cutting a queue for example is an personal attack.
Even more annoying is when a clueless Indian Family or a pair of chinese douchebags who don't know a single ****ing word of english+ their 58,000 kids decides to buy a major item less than 5 minutes before closing. **** off will ya and wait till tomorrow, better yet go back to where you came from

As for Indian and Asian families driving their Toyota Corollas and Honda CRV's 20k's below the speed limit, don't even get me started on that ****... I had to actually REPLACE my HORN at my last car service....

Old 05-05-2014, 10:44 AM

The immigrants here all speak English.. Thank god

And what is up with people pulling out of the road without indicators. Since i've been starting to learn to drive i've noticed this. On five seperate occasions today. They just pull out straight onto the road expecting you to stop

Old 05-05-2014, 10:50 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,837,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyChicken View Post
Even more annoying is when a clueless Indian Family or a pair of chinese douchebags who don't know a single ****ing word of english+ their 58,000 kids decides to buy a major item less than 5 minutes before closing. **** off will ya and wait till tomorrow, better yet go back to where you came from

As for Indian and Asian families driving their Toyota Corollas and Honda CRV's 20k's below the speed limit, don't even get me started on that ****... I had to actually REPLACE my HORN at my last car service....
Now I could go on when I were a security guard at the Helsinki Airport. The stereotypes became so real that it almost made me sick admitting them.

Indians, Russians, Chinese, Spanish, French, Americans, Swedes, Hungarians, Thais, Finns... all had their own twists.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:50 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,393,502 times
You use the word "immigrants" as a derogatory term.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:52 AM

Its incredibly rude to immigrate to a country and not bother learning their language.

END OF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather