Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2014, 06:42 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,907,850 times

Advertisements

In the UK people just cut in front of you don't know what your on about.

Although its not rude like in Bulgaria etc.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:42 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,850,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
You have a funny idea what Britain is like then! In this country it would be obvious the girl was browsing stuff and not part of the queue and I would have walked right infront of her.
The guy thought otherwise. Technically she was, but took a very long time to roll forward.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:13 AM

3,715 posts, read 5,275,138 times
in UK people are willing to que and wait for a LOT longer than people would in Poland... I dont remember how many times I saw casher having pointless coversations with someone in front of you while there is like 6 people waiting and they all have full baskets... in Poland the cashier would most likely be told by people in the queque to stop chatting about crap and work faster coz nobody has all day to wait lol

Old 05-05-2014, 07:21 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,697,712 times
Not me, I hate people who take forever, and always take the minimal time possible when buying my stuff. I can only roll my eyes at those who have pointless conversations.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:29 AM

6,908 posts, read 7,680,478 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNzwtIdI1f0

Old 05-05-2014, 08:21 AM

277 posts, read 315,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
in UK people are willing to que and wait for a LOT longer than people would in Poland... I dont remember how many times I saw casher having pointless coversations with someone in front of you while there is like 6 people waiting and they all have full baskets... in Poland the cashier would most likely be told by people in the queque to stop chatting about crap and work faster coz nobody has all day to wait lol
I've come close to doing that many times. Occasionally some ancient ho will decide to start talking to the cashier, all the while taking 15 years to get her coins out of her purse AFTER all the items have been scanned. I've seriously come within seconds of telling such people to just move on seriously

Old 05-05-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
LMAO at you getting out of bed at 7!

I'm studying and I didn't even get out until 9 and that killed me!!
Most people START WORK at 7, let alone getting out of bed at 7. WHne I went to uni, classes started at 8.30am, so that means I had to leave the house ready to catch the 6.30am train, express to the city, except the so called express would be stuck behind a stopper due to the crappy double-track line and stupid timetabling, then had to walk 15 mins to the uni itself.

For 6 months I worked at demolition company. Ever had to haul several tonnes of dirt, gravel and bricks up 2 flights of stairs in a wheelie bin from a hot dingy old basement, then haul it across a big ass gap and tip it into a garbage truck dumpster on a 38C day? Then clean out grease traps and take those up stairs? Some days STARTED at 7am, and didn't end till 8.30 in the evening. Didn't think so Owenc, so stop your sookin'

Currently, I start work at 11:30am Mon-Wed, 2pm, on Thu and Fri, and arrive home anywhere from 7-10pm. Working in a department store for crap wage, not minimum, but still ordinary wage. (earn more per hr than my mum though) Atleast the work is mindless and if you do **** up, no one gets hurt, including yourself...

Wait till you get out in the real world Owenc. You'll take you current "hard ass" life for granted. I know I do

Last edited by LuvMyChicken; 05-05-2014 at 08:37 AM..

Old 05-05-2014, 09:05 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,907,850 times
People try wnd cut infront of me because I am young.

Especially in McDonalds. I take no ****.
I am a British citizen I have just as much equality as them.

My sister just lets them.. One day we sent her in for chips and she didn't come out. After an hour we went in to see her at the end of the que despite being there long ago.. Theres a balance between manners and being rude

Old 05-05-2014, 09:12 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,623,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
British people usually avoid offending people or creating scenes in public - it's why poor customer service is tolerated.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
People try wnd cut infront of me because I am young.

Especially in McDonalds. I take no ****.
I am a British citizen I have just as much equality as them.

My sister just lets them.. One day we sent her in for chips and she didn't come out. After an hour we went in to see her at the end of the que despite being there long ago.. Theres a balance between manners and being rude
You're obviously doing something wrong. I've never had anyone cut infront of me, either at Maccas, at the supermarket or the bottle shop.

If your sister spent a whole hour in the queue at Maccas, then either the staff are horse **** slow, or she is just on another planet, or she took someone home for a quick root then came back without you noticing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather