Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2016, 09:34 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
GFS showing cold east to be transient.

Already pumping a ridge by the end of the month

Are you in your warm loving phase or you still in the cold loving phase? I forget which month, March or April, your want hot weather lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 09:42 AM

29,531 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Are you in your warm loving phase or you still in the cold loving phase? I forget which month, March or April, your want hot weather lol.

Early March I switch over. My cold loving faze really only lasts about 3.5 months. The rest of the year I want it warmer than what my normal highs are. Hence why South Dakota is my perfect climate preference (at least in terms of average highs)

The end of next week will be a cold slap in the face

https://twitter.com/judah47/status/708049045789474817

Old 03-11-2016, 10:04 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:

The end of next week will be a cold slap in the face

Nothing unusual for March. I told you not to say its over.

4 quick images from the latest GFS12z....

Wednesday will be the beginning of the "slap".

A storm heads into the Great Lakes, Jet Stream just starting to dive back into the U.S. Warm everywhere East and South of that storm.

Thursday Boom. Front and Jet Steam now widespread and pushing south into central U.S meanwhile the storm still lingers near the Great lakes. Cold and Snow Showers for MN and WI and MI

Yes Northeast, this is the front that will slap us. lol GFS says by Thursday morning its clearing NYC

By Saturday a storm comes from the Gulf but brings in warm air with it so the freezing line at 850mb (Jet Stream) is pushed West. This is rain for the coastal area but snow for mountains.

Tuesday 22nd. Instead of it warming up the Jet pushes back in and notice the 1034 Canadian High coming. Trough is carved out again in the East.

Cold in Eastern U.S with a storm moving from Ohio Valley into the Northeast. All that green is snow and tons of it for New England, especially the mountains, but this is 11 days out.

Either way... Looks interesting coming up with cold and snow for someone.

Edit... Bonus... Tellies supporting the Cold East. Positive PNA (Ridge West) with a Negative NAO & EPO.

Last edited by Cambium; 03-11-2016 at 10:13 AM..

Old 03-11-2016, 10:20 AM

29,531 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Nothing unusual for March. I told you not to say its over.
That is definitely true... Anything and everything can happen in March

One of the greatest snows for the city of Chicago happened at the end of March

Quote:

4 quick images from the latest GFS12z....

Wednesday will be the beginning of the "slap".

A storm heads into the Great Lakes, Jet Stream just starting to dive back into the U.S. Warm everywhere East and South of that storm.

Thursday Boom. Front and Jet Steam now widespread and pushing south into central U.S meanwhile the storm still lingers near the Great lakes. Cold and Snow Showers for MN and WI and MI

Yes Northeast, this is the front that will slap us. lol GFS says by Thursday morning its clearing NYC

By Saturday a storm comes from the Gulf but brings in warm air with it so the freezing line at 850mb (Jet Stream) is pushed West. This is rain for the coastal area but snow for mountains.

Tuesday 22nd. Instead of it warming up the Jet pushes back in and notice the 1034 Canadian High coming. Trough is carved out again in the East.

Cold in Eastern U.S with a storm moving from Ohio Valley into the Northeast. All that green is snow and tons of it for New England, especially the mountains, but this is 11 days out.

Either way... Looks interesting coming up with cold and snow for someone.

That track would mean rain for me. Maybe backwash snow.....

Quote:

Edit... Bonus... Tellies supporting the Cold East. Positive PNA (Ridge West) with a Negative NAO & EPO.

Genscape weather suggests the pattern change is transient and won't last long...

https://twitter.com/GenscapeWx/statu...19198891147265

Old 03-11-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Genscape weather suggests the pattern change is transient and won't last long...
Wouldnt surprise me. Lol At least we have a chance to formally say goodbye to winter. I feel like it left in a hurry and never said goodbye. Made me sad. lol

Gees, a little cold and snow being shown and my mood is changed. Lmao

Also because its not 70s outside today!

Old 03-11-2016, 11:34 AM

2,062 posts, read 3,962,187 times
Figures...I'm all ready for spring now. Damnit.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:38 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
I'm noticing the buds on some trees look about ready to pop. I really think we're gonna see one of our earliest leaf-outs this year, maybe even by the end of this month for some species. 2012 was impressive but 2016 is already ahead of it. This is due in large part to December's unprecedented warmth.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:54 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,407,749 times
80 degrees again today. UV index of 6. Trees are leafing already. The late blooming trees such as oaks still only have bud s on them. The cool season grasses around here are drying out and parts of them have turned a tan color. I definitely do believe London has dry grass now if some of the cool grass here is already drying out with temps similar to July in London. Bermuda grass though is still rather lifeless. It needs the soil temps to warm up a little more
before it really greens up.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkln View Post
Figures...I'm all ready for spring now. Damnit.
Lol. Our emotions have been toyed with for past 2 months now. Lol.

Im outside taking a break from landscaping... Finally a day staying below 70s. Wait, what? What month is this? May, right? No complaints with the breeze out here.

https://twitter.com/TomNiziol/status/708107759691161600

Old 03-11-2016, 12:03 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,597,260 times
Cherries are now mostly covered in small leaves, everything else has buds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather