Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2016, 11:00 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
You don't seem like the type to troll or need attention so I have absolutely no clue why you're making a misleading statement. but just so others see through you I will give them the truth..

There has not been a ridge in the West for like 6 months now. The Jet stream "DIPPED" out west...hence the snowy winter they had and the warm winter we had. We had the ridge in the East. Months on end above normal since September.

Is it a short term memory thing? Do you not remember the record warm November, December, March??

It is a fact that 2014 and 2015 there have been the warmest years in decades. Look at the NOAA data. I'm just asking what is causing their non stop warmth? When have we have had two annual mean temps that were the warmest since the 1940's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 11:00 AM

29,533 posts, read 19,620,154 times
^^

Tom is still stuck on the last couple of winters which were beyond his comfort level of cold. He blames the Blob which indeed had an impact then. He needs to realize the Blob is dead, Godzilla killed it, and just because we are in a +PDO state doesn't mean constant ridging over the PNW. Other teleconnections are at play.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
We had four months in a row above normal, several well above normal

This year yes, how bout 2014 and 2015?

Old 04-07-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
^^

Tom is still stuck on the last couple of winters which were beyond his comfort level of cold. He blames the Blob which indeed had an impact then. He needs to realize the Blob is dead, Godzilla killed it, and just because we are in a +PDO state doesn't mean constant ridging over the PNW. Other teleconnections are at play.

I won't be happy till the cold PDO is back. And along the coast of the PNW the blob is not dead.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:06 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,685,338 times
Heat in India and Thailand

Highs and Lows in Nepal:

China

Old 04-07-2016, 11:06 AM

29,533 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
I won't be happy till the cold PDO is back. And along the coast of the PNW the blob is not dead.
Look at the current SST's pool of colder water is growing in the North Pacific and warmer anomalies are being squeezed to the coast.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:07 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Quote:
You don't seem like the type to troll or need attention so I have absolutely no clue why you're making a misleading statement. but just so others see through you I will give them the truth..

There has not been a ridge in the West for like 6 months now. The Jet stream "DIPPED" out west...hence the snowy winter they had and the warm winter we had. We had the ridge in the East. Months on end above normal since September.

Is it a short term memory thing? Do you not remember the record warm November, December, March?? There's your break. We had it. Hope you enjoyed it and now I hope we can go back to they way it should be.

Speaking of which... Havent mentioned long term, just don't believe it yet. But the cold shots should stop as the Polar Jet retreats to Canada after mid Month. I see 2 more shots of cold. This weekend the colder one of the 2.
I said this very exact thing a few pages back.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:28 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Quote:
You don't seem like the type to troll or need attention
Really?

Old 04-07-2016, 12:17 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
April 9, 2016 Snow Event..

GFS12z... since when do we see the 850mb and 925mb freezing line over the ocean with precip back on land in April?????

925mb layer hasn't cooled off yet for most of CT at this time frame. Next frame it does and is snowing...during the day, another amazing factor to consider.

Here is the loop... Its pouring rain here off and on, so annoying! Front comes through, Trough digs down, then watch the clipper come down inside the cold air and make the turn around NYC.

See it?

Forecast for NYC... April.

Old 04-07-2016, 02:22 PM

808 posts, read 711,334 times
Default The Daily Weather Fail - 07.04.2016

It's 39.9°F (4.4°C) right now with mostly cloudy skies. We had some snow this morning, but it has already all melted and the ground looks green with the colour of the grass. I don't know how much we got because my PWS is subpar when it comes to recording snowfall, but either way, any snow in April is too much.

The only relief ahead from our cold, cloudy, snowy pattern comes on 15 April, but even then, it's too far out to tell with reasonable accuracy what the weather is going to be like, and besides, we still have another 1-2" (3-5 cm) of snow to deal with before then.

And on 8 APRIL, we're supposed to have a low of 19°F (-7°C). It's April, not February.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather