Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2015, 10:40 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,386,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
This is a non-issue. Manufactured controversy designed to split up the population. All because a cup was cheaper to produce without snowflakes.
Exactly.

People always need a reason to ***** and complain about things. It's ridiculous.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:46 AM

5,983 posts, read 4,284,930 times
****ing beaners with leaf blowers outside. Had to close my window since they're so ****ing loud and annoying.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
****ing beaners with leaf blowers outside. Had to close my window since they're so ****ing loud and annoying.
Just get a Chipotle burrito and launch it 500 yards and watch them chase after it. That should distract them from leaf-blowing for a bit.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:48 AM

5,983 posts, read 4,284,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Just get a Chipotle burrito and launch it 500 yards and watch them chase after it. That should distract them from leaf-blowing for a bit.
Hahaha, nah man. I'm hungry as hell. I'd eat that ****.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:49 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,452,020 times
I actually prefer Happy Holidays. Christmas does not belong to christians. Christians stole pagan traditions, but still like to claim Christmas as their own when it is anything but that. I definitely support celebrating the winter solstice, but that tradition has nothing to do with christianity. In any case, I'd rather call it the festival of Kolyada - I don't identity with Christmas because I don't have any particular regard for Jesus.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I actually prefer Happy Holidays. Christmas does not belong to christians. Christians stole pagan traditions, but still like to claim Christmas as their own when it is anything but that. I definitely support celebrating the winter solstice, but that tradition has nothing to do with christianity. In any case, I'd rather call it the festival of Kolyada - I don't identity with Christmas because I don't have any particular regard for Jesus.
Oh man, I would ****ing pay you to say this to my ex-GF. Please, that would be great entertainment too see that. I agree with you BTW.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:12 AM

13,499 posts, read 9,052,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
As far as I'm aware it is only American's that use the term "Happy Holidays" & I don't like it... I'm not religious & like many people Christmas is just a tradition & I don't celebrate it to celebrate the birth of christ (if he even existed)... It's all about presents, eating & drinking for me

Old 11-10-2015, 11:32 AM

83,578 posts, read 75,545,909 times
Speaking of coffee, just went to get some at DD on this rainy Tuesday afternoon. 53°F

$1.80USD small cup of French Vanilla

Euro12z time now

Old 11-10-2015, 11:42 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,452,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Oh man, I would ****ing pay you to say this to my ex-GF. Please, that would be great entertainment too see that. I agree with you BTW.
Some people act like pre-christian folks had no festivals to celebrate the changing of the seasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
As far as I'm aware it is only American's that use the term "Happy Holidays" & I don't like it... I'm not religious & like many people Christmas is just a tradition & I don't celebrate it to celebrate the birth of christ (if he even existed)... It's all about presents, eating & drinking for me
For some, it's just the name. so many of those traditions predate christianity. Why should christians be permitted to usurp them? Many of them mistakenly believe they own the holiday and are upset at its secularization. In reality, they don't own it, and the rest of us can object to its larceny and christianization.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:55 AM

83,578 posts, read 75,545,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I went to Catholic school for 8 yrs. Parents born in Italy but I agree and I'm sure many others don't celebrate it for the "old" reasons.. But I do hope and wish the kids today have the same memories as I did growing up which was being excited, feeling secure, and having comfort around the holidays. A way for family and friends to get together and enjoy watching the snow outside. (yes, had to throw that in)

The term Happy Holidays is used for couple reasons.. because of all the holidays close to each other and because sometimes you don't know if someone is Catholic or not so Happy Holidays works for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather