Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 01:51 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,669,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Isn't the US south big on this Jeeves character or whatever his name was? And that Jebediah bearded guy just sitting on a cloud and sending some snakes to eat an apple or something? Nah, I wouldn't like to live in those kind of places.
I agree.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:49 PM

277 posts, read 315,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Though we all agree about the posts from this guy, you cherry pick. I could just as easily post a link to a blizzard in the Northeast. Then again that would have you jumping for joy.

As if subtropical or even tropical locales don't get hit with severe weather. Even the supposed paradise of Australia gets hit with rotten weather from time to time.
Or May-November in the case of Melbourne

Old 04-30-2014, 09:57 PM

2,068 posts, read 2,925,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
No comparison. Although blizzards definitely cause problems, I'll take them over massive flooding and tornadoes. Has a blizzard destroyed an entire community? No. Yes roofs can occasionally collapse, there's power outages, and other issues but there is absolutely no comparison to the severe weather often seen in the South.

According to NWS, tornadoes average 70 fatalities and 1,500 injuries per year in the US. Flash flooding 140 deaths. Winter weather averages fewer than 30 deaths per year.

NWS Weather Fatality, Injury and Damage Statistics
Severe Weather: NOAA Watch: NOAA's All-Hazard Monitor: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration: U.S. Department of Commerce
The only parts of the South that see tornadoes are the extreme inland fringes well into the continent. Places of the South closer to the coast do not see such severe storms, and are paradise. This storm only occured in the extreme inland portion of the South; during the same time-period, the entire Texas Coast, and the Florida peninsula were having gorgeous sunny days.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:03 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0hTnA View Post
The only parts of the South that see tornadoes are the extreme inland fringes well into the continent. Places of the South closer to the coast do not see such severe storms, and are paradise. This storm only occured in the extreme inland portion of the South; during the same time-period, the entire Texas Coast, and the Florida peninsula were having gorgeous sunny days.

There is no "paradise" anywhere, including the South of the US.

Where are you from? I have my suspicions you are not even from the US, let alone the South. You may be in Texas right now, but I get this feeling you ain't from around these parts.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
There is no "paradise" anywhere, including the South of the US.

Where are you from? I have my suspicions you are not even from the US, let alone the South. You may be in Texas right now, but I get this feeling you ain't from around these parts.
Look at the location, it says I am from Coruscant.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:26 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
Quote:

More like under a bridge somewhere, troll.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:36 PM

277 posts, read 315,092 times
Quote:

Old 05-16-2014, 10:46 PM

If people interpreted this thread as a troll thread, then I am sorry; the purpose of this thread wasn't to troll. Rather, it was to refute the notion that the American South is somehow the subtropical region that sees the coldest winter mins. That obviously is not true.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:50 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,685,687 times
Quote:
If people interpreted this thread as a troll thread, then I am sorry; the purpose of this thread wasn't to troll. Rather, it was to refute the notion that the American South is somehow the subtropical region that sees the coldest winter mins. That obviously is not true.
No matter how many times you repeat it, it won't come true.
Compared to places at the same latitude it is colder in winter, and the record lows are insane.

Old 05-17-2014, 04:09 AM

869 posts, read 1,125,228 times
Quote:
If people interpreted this thread as a troll thread, then I am sorry; the purpose of this thread wasn't to troll .
Dont be sorry , this was an interesting and long successful thread . Besides you are the one who was on the receiving end of all the verbal abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather