Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2014, 02:05 PM

29,590 posts, read 19,736,701 times

Advertisements

Wow it's 84F/29C right now. Normal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 02:19 PM

83,648 posts, read 75,796,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Wow it's 84F/29C right now. Normal!
Miserable month here for me. Thought we can get a break but hours and a day is not enough. I bet if I looked I'm warmer than parts of Georgia right now mid afternoon. Lol!

Low 80s again today and real feel of 9000° in the sun. Its all down from here now. Finally. Just have to get through few more weeks of misery.

Your a cold lover (in winter) I almost wish you would just like the cold in summer too but seeing your cool summer hate posts keep it interesting. LOL

Old 07-31-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

Your a cold lover (in winter) I almost wish you would just like the cold in summer too but seeing your cool summer hate posts keep it interesting. LOL
That's my Midwest nature. Look at it as a seasonal balance. Hot summers balance out cold winters

Old 07-31-2014, 02:38 PM

12,622 posts, read 13,984,062 times
Quote:
Miserable month here for me. Thought we can get a break but hours and a day is not enough. I bet if I looked I'm warmer than parts of Georgia right now mid afternoon. Lol!

Low 80s again today and real feel of 9000° in the sun. Its all down from here now. Finally. Just have to get through few more weeks of misery.

I don't like a hot summer. This has been just normal which I much prefer. I just wish winters around here were more stable and then were average. I could deal easily with 40F every day, and 25F every night for three months. We never, ever get that.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
I don't like a hot summer. This has been just normal which I much prefer. I just wish winters around here were more stable and then were average. I could deal easily with 40F every day, and 25F every night for three months. We never, ever get that.
Fluctuations keeps things interesting. Meteorologists in Florida must be bored out of their minds. But my problem is "normal" in summer is too hot for me. So there's really no winning here for me for this season. Even the extreme isn't good enough but I would accept of course. I think I'm in the Top 20 warmest Julys (since 1948)

---------------------

4pmEST CONUS Temps and departures. Clouds & Rain keeping the south cooler than normal.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:46 PM

Current temps with a better map. You can see the 80s more up and down the coast while 70s in Arkansas and parts of Georgia.

I'm at 83°F with a Dewpoint of 63F

Old 07-31-2014, 04:04 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,487,621 times
Quote:
Fluctuations keeps things interesting. Meteorologists in Florida must be bored out of their minds.
In the week I was there this past January, Daytona Beach saw a 14F greater change in high temperature than Bridgeport, CT. I don't know why you would find that boring.

Weather History for Bridgeport, CT | Weather Underground
Weather History for Daytona Beach, FL | Weather Underground

Weather History for Bridgeport, CT | Weather Underground
Weather History for Daytona Beach, FL | Weather Underground

Old 07-31-2014, 04:13 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,398,225 times
No reason to complain, nice July it was.
My nearest weather station got 4 30c+ days in this July and we, who usually own a reputation of living in "far south and east" were among the last ones with such results in Estonia..
It is obvious that this July's warmth was more concentrated to western and northern side of Estonia i.e those areas what are on Scandinavian and Finlandian side, not to those what are in continental eastern side. Some North West Estonian stations got 8 and 7 30c+ days in this July and as well the official national highest July temps were measured in a Northern Estonian coast station. Even the station with most maritime and "atlantic" climate got more 29.5c+ days than my South-Eastern side of Estonia. The easternmost Estonian station what usually has pretty warm July got less 29c days than those North Western Estonian ones.
Interestingly, July could not beat out this year's national heat record which was measured in May.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:11 PM

July near 1C below normal for US. Summer about 0.5C below normal (1981-2010)

Old 07-31-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
In the week I was there this past January, Daytona Beach saw a 14F greater change in high temperature than Bridgeport, CT. I don't know why you would find that boring.
Lol. Not sure that would make good evidence. 1 week out of what? These guys get up everyday and do the weather, not when it gets interesting only. Pretty sure you agree Florida weather is not the most exciting based on forecasting only. Not personal preferences or activities. You can put partly sunny and 80s in the forecast all year and be right most of the time. LOL. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Aside from some T-Storms I'd hate to be a meteorologist down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather