Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2008, 10:53 PM

1,818 posts, read 1,528,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
I'm curious Garson, with you living in PHX and all. Do you like very hot weather? I just can't imagine living somewhere as hot as there. Or is it other reasons that have you in PHX?
I actually LOVE hot weather. 90 to about 105 is perfect for me. I love going in the pool when its hot, love the warm evenings. You really do adjust to it. My Mom always hated hot weather but she followed us out here and has adjusted rather well. She actually has no tolerance for cold anymore and will not even visit back home except in the summer.
Of course it is not for everyone, I just really hate being cold.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:24 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,184,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson View Post
I actually LOVE hot weather. 90 to about 105 is perfect for me. I love going in the pool when its hot, love the warm evenings. You really do adjust to it. My Mom always hated hot weather but she followed us out here and has adjusted rather well. She actually has no tolerance for cold anymore and will not even visit back home except in the summer.
Of course it is not for everyone, I just really hate being cold.
90 - 105 with 10% humidity, mind you

Old 05-16-2008, 12:46 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,895,820 times
well we ahve a SCORCHER coming up 2moz, a whole 55 degrees with rain

the next week will be all around 60F but atleast some of the rain has been changed to "mostly fine".

I H-H-H-HAAAAATE Melbourne's friggin evil climate! God, I'm surpised the maic depression rate in Seattle and Vancouver and Portland isn't 99% This May is the biggest piece of **** in history and to think last year the MAJORITY of May days were above 70F with nothing below 59. This May we've already had 4 days below 59 and NO days above 70

Last edited by §AB; 05-16-2008 at 01:03 AM..

Old 05-16-2008, 01:02 AM

3,542 posts, read 8,243,304 times
It is cool here in San Antonio at 2:00 AM, 65F with rain. Friday should be a relatively cooler day with highs around 80 as a cold front was able to sneak through our area. However, this will be shortlived as a ridge will set up and settle over Colorado causing strong downsloping winds -- we'll be up in the triple digits again by midweek.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:29 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
well we ahve a SCORCHER coming up 2moz, a whole 55 degrees with rain

the next week will be all around 60F but atleast some of the rain has been changed to "mostly fine".

I H-H-H-HAAAAATE Melbourne's friggin evil climate! God, I'm surpised the maic depression rate in Seattle and Vancouver and Portland isn't 99% This May is the biggest piece of **** in history and to think last year the MAJORITY of May days were above 70F with nothing below 59. This May we've already had 4 days below 59 and NO days above 70

Wow, by the sounds of it Melbourne's climate (well winter months) anyway is alot like our here in Invercargill across the Tasman. So far this month our highest temp has been 66 and the lowest 23. Sunny days right through to Tuesday though with highs of 59 consistantly apart from tomorrow which is 57.

I can stand those cool crisp days anyday, those overcast dull days though, make me screem.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:37 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,895,820 times
Melbourne is a bloody tropical wonderworld compared to Invercargill. This May is unusually cold and cloudy. I've never actually see a May sop Horrid. This is typical July weather, except with MORE sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday, it did hit 72, being the highest for the month. In May 2007, our highest was 77.

Every month in Melbourne is warmer both day and night than Invercargill.
For example, A typical January in melbourne is about 64 / 82, a typical July 43 / 59. In Invercargill these values are around 52 / 66 and 38 / 52 respectively? If I lived in Invercargill, I'd do everything in my power to get the sweet hell outta there ASAP. IMO it is simply the most populated region of Antarctica

You certainly will never see a 23 in Melb in July, let alone May!!!

And I agree with you, if we got these crappy 60F highs with full sunshine, it would be tolerable , but with this constant cloudiness it is driving me MENTAL!!11!!!! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHh

Last edited by §AB; 05-16-2008 at 04:48 AM..

Old 05-16-2008, 05:16 AM

29,890 posts, read 9,956,607 times
good morning everybody.

it's 66 degrees here with overcast skies, the warmest morning we've had since October 6.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:31 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
Melbourne is a bloody tropical wonderworld compared to Invercargill. This May is unusually cold and cloudy. I've never actually see a May sop Horrid. This is typical July weather, except with MORE sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday, it did hit 72, being the highest for the month. In May 2007, our highest was 77.

Every month in Melbourne is warmer both day and night than Invercargill.
For example, A typical January in melbourne is about 64 / 82, a typical July 43 / 59. In Invercargill these values are around 52 / 66 and 38 / 52 respectively? If I lived in Invercargill, I'd do everything in my power to get the sweet hell outta there ASAP. IMO it is simply the most populated region of Antarctica

You certainly will never see a 23 in Melb in July, let alone May!!!

And I agree with you, if we got these crappy 60F highs with full sunshine, it would be tolerable , but with this constant cloudiness it is driving me MENTAL!!11!!!! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHh

Yeah its not really that comparable, but so far the temps you said for May were

Its funny, everybody goes on about our weather, but its nowhere near as bad as its made out to be. Queenstown for example is colder in winter, Wairou in Central NZ is cooler year-round. People think its just cold and raining all the time, looking at the stats and ave temps you could easily say its not a great place to live. climate wise. Where our temp gets recorded is at the airport (which is exposed as hell to the sea-breeze) therefore the NZ Public don't get the true readings, why they don't record it in town I don't know. Many of the people who say its cold and so on have never actually been down here to experience it.

In town temps have been recorded over 86F(30C) regulary, from Jan-Mar but in the winter its more like the cold and crisp days, people just look at the stats and think 'oh yup since its cold so its gotta be raining and windy down there), that what most of NZ think anyway. It does rain here but not as much as people think. But I agree with you that I'm doing everything to get out of this town, just got to hope I get drawn in the Green Card Lottery next year

Old 05-16-2008, 07:29 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
central Minnesota sunny , 53 .

I think the weather has finally " turned the corner " as the next few days calls for low 70's, sunny, with lows around mid 40's.

Mowed the lawn for the first time yesterday and the lilac bushes got leaves on. The lilacs will "peak" about 2 weeks later than normal due to our cold spring so far.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:35 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
52 degrees here right now and we're heading for the 70s. Our avg. high for today is 71, but we're supposed to top that by a few degrees. I'm not complaining about that.

Our pink trees and white trees are finally blooming and our lilac bushes are starting to bloom, too. We're also a couple of weeks behind. Many of our trees are struggling to fill out.

Garson, you just made me think of my neighbor's son. He lives in the Phx. area and even if he comes up to visit in July, he's cold here. He grew up right here, but he has acclimated to the Phx. temps. He's happy there and said he'd never want to move back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather