Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2012, 07:28 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,619,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
Let me see if I understand this:

Are you telling me that this August, with a normal mean temp of 64 F in London (meaning normal highs over 70 F)….had a MAXIMUM temp for the day in the 40 ‘s F? The high was 20 to 22 F below normal on that day?
I think my post was confusing.

I had one day in June with a maximum temperature below 50F.

One day in August had a mean temperature below 50F, and 2 in September so far.

I live nearly 200 miles north of London, it might as well be totally different climatically to here.

And to Weatherfan2, I was not trying to mislead anyone, if you actually read my post correctly it's not that hard to comprehend, so please lose the patronising attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 07:30 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,433,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I think my post was confusing.

And to Weatherfan2, I was not trying to mislead anyone, if you actually read my post correctly it's not that hard to comprehend, so please loose the patronising attitude.
Way to get offended.

I was not saying you deliberately tried to mislead anybody, but that you did regardless, due to your poor word ordering. You didn't mislead me obviously, because I was the one who had to explain it to others who were mislead such as Wavehunter007.

You did in fact SAY directly that you had:

Quote:
One day in August, two days this September, and one day in June had a maximum temperature below 50F, let alone a mean temperature. .
You do not understand the English language if you are trying to explain here that a day in August and two in September had a MEAN below 50, because you directly said MAXIMUM below 50. Nothing to do with Wavehunter not being able to comprehend it, but that you directly state the September/August below 50F temps were MAXES. The "One day in August, two days this September" was a reply to a previous question regarding days with a MEAN temperature below 50, and should have been one sentence on its own. "One day in June had a maximum temperature below 50F" etc... should have been an entirely new sentence, on a new line.

It doesn't matter a toss if it was intended or not, wrong is wrong. So drop your attitude.

Last edited by Weatherfan2; 09-15-2012 at 07:51 AM..

Old 09-15-2012, 07:31 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,904,417 times
Excuse me. I have a weather station I am not lying every summer we always reach 3c. Always.

Stop telling me how my area is.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:31 AM

The way you worded your post certainly didn't imply that, so I'm terribly sorry. Sheesh.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Excuse me. I have a weather station I am not lying every summer we always reach 3c. Always.

Stop telling me how my area is.
What weather station? Is your sensor properly screened? Is it above the ground? Is it in the shade? Please inform us.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
The way you worded your post certainly didn't imply that, so I'm terribly sorry. Sheesh.
No no, to quote my post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
sounds like he's saying there were maxes below 50 in August and September, but was trying to say there were three average temperatures below 50 in Leeds (one in August two in September) NOT maxes but the sentence is misleading, and we have a blatent mis-understanding, leading to other members believing the summer was a lot colder than average than it actually was, so wise old Father-Climate here has to step in and correct everybody as per usual. There were no maxes below 50 in August or September at all in the UK so far.
:
Nowhere here is there any indication that I ever tried to make out you were deliberately misleading people, and as highlighted, the "worst" I said was "the sentence is misleading" so really stop being so faux-personally offended, really.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:37 AM

The way you said 'old Father-Climate' seems a bit patronising to me.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:38 AM

You mean "WISE old Father Climate" thank you.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:41 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,904,417 times
It's a wmr200 and it's just set up the way it says in the manual. There's a few local stations nearby on wunderground within a 10 mile radius and they are always within a similar range. At night I'm mostly colder though. One of the stations is called bally something and it's a 5 mile distance away.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:45 AM

If you were located in a frost hollow, stations within 10 miles wouldn't be even remotely similar on clear, calm nights. There are frost hollows not far from here that record ridiculous temperatures relative to nearby areas. One station in the Dales records temperatures as low as 2C, but with temperatures as high as 11C on the hill tops a mile away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather