Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,961,959 times

Advertisements

Just looks like typical October weather to me. No big deal. Our avg temp std deviation is now creeping back up. November is even more variable than October. It is to be expected. Last night our low didn't go below 70f, in October. Warm and cold are fighting it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 09:01 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,915,739 times
Had a frost last night again, third of the season and first of october.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 AM

83,596 posts, read 75,582,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I wouldn't care too much if it wasn't going to be rainy all weekend, it's putting a damper of fall foliage trip plans.
If you go to the high peaks Monday you might see some snow up there.

Snow is forecasted to fall above 3500' in the NorthEast. Thats how cold this air is coming. The 4000 foot level will be in the 20s and so will some locations Monday night.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,380,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Just looks like typical October weather to me. No big deal. Our avg temp std deviation is now creeping back up. November is even more variable than October. It is to be expected. Last night our low didn't go below 70f, in October. Warm and cold are fighting it out.
That's what I'm seeing as well.

They might get a few fleeting flakes in the high country of New York, mts of New England (above 1500 ft), and maybe PA (above 2000 ft) on Sunday, then the flow goes back to WSW next week. NYC and Philly should have a shot at at least 75 F by the middle of next week under sunny skies I would think.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Just looks like typical October weather to me. No big deal. Our avg temp std deviation is now creeping back up. November is even more variable than October. It is to be expected. Last night our low didn't go below 70f, in October.

Cold front is still out west, our temps are normal to slightly above now until this front comes through. Sunday/Monday different story. Then we get back to Normal (60s) as high temps Wed and here's what the latest GFS shows for Thursday morning lows. October just started.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:45 PM

Do you interior folks know what its like to live with dewpoints in the upper 60s?? My envelopes are sealing themselves! LMAO! No joke... everything is so wet in the house. My candies are all stuck to the wrappers. This area is so disgusting.. My socks feel wet!

Whats cool is there's been fog all day

Old 10-04-2012, 01:48 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,606,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Do you interior folks know what its like to live with dewpoints in the upper 60s?? My envelopes are sealing themselves! LMAO! No joke... everything is so wet in the house. My candies are all stuck to the wrappers. This area is so disgusting.. My socks feel wet!
Yep. Used to live on the coast, and we do get higher dewpoints in the summer. Every time you make a "it's way too humid here" post, I find it more interesting how we can have completely different reactions to often similar weather.

I agree the fog is neat, especially since we have hills in the distance. We get morning fog regularly, I need to take more photos.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:04 PM

559 posts, read 749,447 times
Quote:

Whats cool is there's been fog all day
We get dew points in the upper 60's quite often here. Sometimes even the 70s. Right now dew point 67 and actual temperature 72, definitely feels damp but not hot since the temperature isn't warm to begin with. Personally I don't mind humidity if it's below say 80, humid days in the 80s is pretty uncomfortable, and humid 90+ is terrible. But the worst was the heat wave we had in July of last year. 100 degrees with dew points at 76!!! Heat index was like 113!!!! Hottest and most humid day I've ever experienced.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I agree the fog is neat, especially since we have hills in the distance. We get morning fog regularly, I need to take more photos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWNJ View Post
We get dew points in the upper 60's quite often here. Sometimes even the 70s. Right now dew point 67 and actual temperature 72, definitely feels damp but not hot since the temperature isn't warm to begin with. .
My A/C was on last night and its on right now as I type... I couldnt take that dampness..I agree, its not hot...but its the mugginess that hurts. A/C doesnt stop till November. Cool and dry. lol

This is how the fog looked this morning on the coast here.

Usually you can see Long Island 20 miles away.. That little piece of land is no where near Long Island.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:27 PM

559 posts, read 749,447 times
Quote:
My A/C was on last night and its on right now as I type... I couldnt take that dampness..I agree, its not hot...but its the mugginess that hurts. A/C doesnt stop till November. Cool and dry. lol

This is how the fog looked this morning on the coast here.

That's quite interesting. Right now it's 72 in my house and I'm not feeling the slightest bit cold or hot, just right. Usually I only need AC if it's above 80 degrees outside. I might've turned it on today if it was sunny out because the sun would heat up the house more. It's interesting to see how we all have our own different feelings of hot and cold. And it was quite foggy out this morning, I could barely see 10 feet ahead of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather