Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 03:20 PM

5,586 posts, read 10,714,936 times

Advertisements

^^ Wow, that snow combined with such strong autumn colours plus the bright sky plus some of the bright colours on the houses looks unreal! It's impressive that so many of the leaves have been able to stay on the trees after being snowed on that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 08:03 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,803,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
nice, nei!! Did your walk also consist on going up the hill?? wow!

I love the colours of the leaves!

I cant help but wonder if it wasnt too cold to go for a walk!
I guess the beautiful view from the hill makes it all worth it
Thanks!

All the photos except the last one were from walking near my apartment (all within a mile). The last photo I drove to the foot of the hill, climbed about 1/4 by car the rest on foot. It's not that hard, but all the snow on the path made it worse than usual.

It was definitely chilly but I had decent clothing on and the sun kept my warm so it wasn't too bad. We learn to get used to the cold here or otherwise we'd be stuck inside for a third of the year. I didn't mind the cold that much, but when it's cold like that for months (and sometimes colder) it gets very annoying.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:04 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
^^ Wow, that snow combined with such strong autumn colours plus the bright sky plus some of the bright colours on the houses looks unreal! It's impressive that so many of the leaves have been able to stay on the trees after being snowed on that much.
A lot fell off afterward. I was lucky I got the photos when I did.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:32 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,602,768 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
A lot fell off afterward. I was lucky I got the photos when I did.
Same here in Denver. The day after the snow, it seemed like most of the leaves died off. Some more of the bigger, mature trees kept their leaves, but with this 3rd snowfall,I think it's the nail in the coffin.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:40 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,726,549 times
Well October here finished with below-average rainfall at 40.9 mm / 1.6 inches, some 14 mm's below the average..

November (and December) will have to be wet, and I mean really wet, or we'll end up below 490 mm / 19.2 inches for the entire year, which would be a new record.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:26 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,714,936 times
Well, it may have been 59 last night and 64 this afternoon, but at least it still looks like November, not so much the leaves, which are a bit late, but the fact that just before 4.30pm it's drizzling and already mostly dark. I do love this time of year though
Attached Thumbnails
Autumn Thread 2011-picture-051.jpg   Autumn Thread 2011-picture-053.jpg   Autumn Thread 2011-picture-061.jpg  

Old 11-03-2011, 10:52 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,579,345 times
great pics ben86!!! Really nice colours and trees you have where you live.

I LOVE autumn!! I have to say its my favourite season maybe.
Here we are in spring and i must say i ve been enjoying it a lot, cause it has been a "cool" spring so far, i mean, today temperature is above 80 f, but october only ve had 1 day in the 80s and most of them where in the high 60s low 70s and sunny, a weather i adore! Plus, the trees and flowers with all the new colours and the lovely smell from the flowers!!

But yeah, the bad thing about spring is that it eventually gets unbearable, sticky and hot. Autumn doesnt have that. Plus, the colours of the leaves in brown and red and yellow shade is beautiful.

Damn, i envy you people!

Was writing this and they just announced in the news: 90 f tomorrow! Today it just reached 30 celsius. Anyway, this is what i was talking about. Spring can be beautiful but, at one point, it gets sticky and hot and just plain uncomfortable (aka now). Sad .

Last edited by SophieLL; 11-03-2011 at 11:03 AM..

Old 11-03-2011, 03:01 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,304,624 times
Quote:
Well, it may have been 59 last night and 64 this afternoon, but at least it still looks like November, not so much the leaves, which are a bit late, but the fact that just before 4.30pm it's drizzling and already mostly dark. I do love this time of year though
Nice pictures.

The leaves seem a little late here too. Despite the snowstorm, there's still a decent amount on the trees.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Looks like your leaves just started to change there. It got sunnier after the storm after some long cloudy stretches. Every day in our forecast is sunny. Wish the forecast was like that earlier in the fall so we could have had warm and sunny, but it's better than nothing.

This morning everything was covered with thick fog. Weather station reported "freezing fog". Here's a couple of photos:

The sun looked more like the full moon.

I posted two more non-foggy photos of frost that I took this morning in the freeze thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/21563253-post51.html

Old 11-03-2011, 07:49 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,304,624 times
^Similar conditions here. Foggy with a fairly heavy frost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather