Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2023, 07:51 PM

8,265 posts, read 16,926,831 times

Advertisements

Today was mostly cloudy in the low 70s with some rain toward the end of the day. Air quality is good.

Derek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2023, 11:35 PM

Vancouver weather continues to be just about perfect with partly cloud days and 70s. It was a beautiful evening on the Columbia tonight. I love these glassy summer nights. It's so peaceful out there. I'm feeling very blessed to live in such a lovely place.

Derek

Old 09-01-2023, 10:48 PM

Conditions were perfect on the lake today with light winds and sunshine in the upper 70s. What a great start of September as fall approaches. I love paddling in the fall as crowds thin and the leaves carpet the waterways. Today showed signs of that transition beginning. It's only gonna get better from here.

Derek

Old 09-02-2023, 01:22 PM

5,279 posts, read 3,182,692 times
It nice today.
People are out going after rock crab on one of the beaches.
Attached Thumbnails
Washington Weather - Daily Weather pics and reports!-img_3618.jpeg  

Old 09-02-2023, 11:20 PM

We had a warm day reaching the upper 80s in Vancouver followed by a nice sunset with a thunderstorm approaching. Looking forward to a bit more summer rain!

Derek

Old 09-03-2023, 01:54 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,764,276 times
Solidly overcast and in the low 60s in the north Sound. Very fall like.

Old 09-03-2023, 07:07 PM

2,089 posts, read 989,735 times
Light rain, cool temps, cloudy all day, some fog over the strait.

Old 09-04-2023, 01:24 PM

6,424 posts, read 8,355,423 times
We have had weather the past few days, to be sure.

The past two Saturdays have been in the mid 80s and sunny, but we've also had a few days where the only sunshine we've seen has come in the form of late day sunbreaks, and it's definitely rained enough for measurable precipitation (despite what my weather app says). The rain doesn't bother me at all tbh-- I actually enjoy it.

The grey/sunlesslessness is more trying, as is the totally noticeable lack of daylight. In July, the sky would still be light up until around 10:30 PM, whereas now it's definitely dark a little after 8PM, and the sun isn't really up until after 7:30 am.

None of this is very surprising since I track this stuff year round, but I am surprised at how much noticeable fall color/leaf changing I'm seeing...

Old 09-04-2023, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
We have had weather the past few days, to be sure.

The past two Saturdays have been in the mid 80s and sunny, but we've also had a few days where the only sunshine we've seen has come in the form of late day sunbreaks, and it's definitely rained enough for measurable precipitation (despite what my weather app says). The rain doesn't bother me at all tbh-- I actually enjoy it.

The grey/sunlesslessness is more trying, as is the totally noticeable lack of daylight. In July, the sky would still be light up until around 10:30 PM, whereas now it's definitely dark a little after 8PM, and the sun isn't really up until after 7:30 am.

None of this is very surprising since I track this stuff year round, but I am surprised at how much noticeable fall color/leaf changing I'm seeing...
Yes, its almost opposite of last summer at this time with the prolonged warm, dry period we had.... and then all the fires and smoke that followed. While not ideal conditions when not seeing the sun, I'm hopeful this at least gives us a bit of a reprieve on fire season as we transition into fall. While they won't disappear, this at least takes some of the edge off the tinder box zones just waiting to ignite.

I also look forward to cooler fall temps with all the leaves turning color.

That said, the sun is forecasted to return this week to Vancouver as temps climb back into ideal range. Overall, this summer has been really nice except for the few heatwaves which are tolerable as long as they don't persist. I'm definitely ready for fall now with a lot fewer crowds at all the beautiful PNW outdoor locations. Tourist season is ending with kids back in school along with their parents. I used to long for fall when living in Monterey along the coast as well. You get these perfect days like gems that locals enjoy without all the crowds. Beaches, mountains, hiking trails, lakes, rivers, you name it. It's all so much more enjoyed at this time of year.

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 09-04-2023 at 06:00 PM..

Old 09-04-2023, 06:02 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,988 posts, read 58,918,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Yes, its almost opposite of last summer at this time with the prolonged warm, dry period we had.... ..a bit of a reprieve on fire season as we transition into fall. While they won't disappear, this at least takes some of the edge off the tinder box zones just waiting to ignite.

I also look forward to cooler fall temps with all the leaves turning color.

... a lot fewer crowds at all the beautiful PNW outdoor locations. Tourist season is ending with kids back in school along with their parents. I used to long for fall when living in Monterey along the coast as well. You get these perfect days like gems that locals enjoy without all the crowds.
Good time to head out and enjoy the orange sunsets at the coast. Mine will probably be Oregon Coast (closer with more public access)

Unfortunately, the tinder dry grasses and trees will be ready to ignite through Mid Oct. But this coolness is a welcome reprieve. Good State Fair weather too. Tad cooler
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington