Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2022, 07:04 PM

8,263 posts, read 16,912,470 times

Advertisements

I've been out of commission with the flu this week. It's been mostly cloudy with 40s during the day. Today we got some nice sun. Looks like more is on tap until the next system rolls in next week. There's the potential for a white Christmas for WWA this year.

Derek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2022, 12:02 PM

1,714 posts, read 2,760,596 times
Hope you've recovered from the flu, Derek. It's going around. We're having an unusually long dry stretch with nights in the 20s. It's very pleasant. We usually get a short stretch like this but then it returns to rain.

Old 12-16-2022, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfair View Post
Hope you've recovered from the flu, Derek. It's going around. We're having an unusually long dry stretch with nights in the 20s. It's very pleasant. We usually get a short stretch like this but then it returns to rain.
Thanks, Mayfair. I'm finally coming back around after feeling hit by a truck with the fever and all. The current flu going around is no fun! Kinda wish I'd have gotten the flu shot. But its hard to know if it would have helped or not. Glad to hear you have been getting some nice weather lately during this drier period. I wonder if you guys will have snow by Christmas? I guess it may be too early to be sure. We have a few chances for snow next week as temps drop with this next storm rolling in.

Today was in the 40s and sunny in Vancouver while frosty overnight. Here's a few pics from sunrise.

Derek

Old 12-16-2022, 08:53 PM

5,279 posts, read 3,175,797 times
I hope you are feeling better Derek.

Nothing really worth taking a pic about lately, same ole stuff.
It’s been clear and crisp in my neck of the woods lately.
I am still seeing lots of anti ice salt on the roads and even felt bad enough about it to use the power sprayer on the car the other night.
I might have to design an under the car adapter for my sprayer to better remove the salt from there .

A friend showed me a forecast today.
It showed that unless things change next Friday Seattle will be the warmest place in the country (it didn’t show Hawaii though).
If I recall correctly it will be a balmy 46 degrees.

Our son is driving up from the Bay Area tonight for the holidays with his big ole pooch.
He won’t fly his pooch.
I hope the Siskiyou mountains treat him well.
It shouldn’t snow but he can’t outrun the ice.

Kids .
Do we ever get to quit worrying about them?

Old 12-16-2022, 09:38 PM

The good thing about these cold crisp nights is that you can see the stars. That's not often the case in winter (too many clouds).

Old 12-17-2022, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I hope you are feeling better Derek.
Thanks, I'm definitely feeling better than earlier this week.

Quote:
A friend showed me a forecast today.
It showed that unless things change next Friday Seattle will be the warmest place in the country (it didn’t show Hawaii though).
If I recall correctly it will be a balmy 46 degrees.
That sounds a little odd. We've got family in San Diego and they are will be in the 70s next week. That's significantly warmer than most places besides HI. Even Miami is only forecasted to be in the 60s on Christmas similar to Monterey. When its 60s-70s at the beach and sunny, its pretty nice for walking in shorts and t-shirts along the shore. That reflects most of my life living along the CA coast. Here's a pic from a December walk along Carmel Beach just before moving to WA. It was in the 60s out and gorgeous as usual.

Quote:
Our son is driving up from the Bay Area tonight for the holidays with his big ole pooch.
He won’t fly his pooch.
I hope the Siskiyou mountains treat him well.
It shouldn’t snow but he can’t outrun the ice.

Kids .
Do we ever get to quit worrying about them?
I'm pretty sure the answer is an no, at least until we get so old the tables turn, perhaps.

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 12-17-2022 at 03:54 PM..

Old 12-17-2022, 06:05 PM

5,279 posts, read 3,175,797 times
Odd.
I saw 44 or so degrees there just yesterday on a Microsoft based computer.
My apple is saying 66 degrees next Friday in San Diego right now.
Florida in the central part of the state showed 36.
Oh well.

Old 12-17-2022, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Odd.
I saw 44 or so degrees there just yesterday on a Microsoft based computer.
My apple is saying 66 degrees next Friday in San Diego right now.
Florida in the central part of the state showed 36.
Oh well.
Wow, I didn't know central FL got that cold. We actually have relatives on the panhandle in Ft. Walton Beach which does get colder. I just checked and Friday will only be 37. Then on Christmas it is supposed to be 46 while Vancouver is 50. So, that's a bit surprising. This week will drop pretty lower in WA before then with the chance of snow mid-week.

Derek

Old 12-18-2022, 06:09 PM

Today was in the mid 40s in Vancouver and mostly cloudy with a few sun breaks throughout the day.

Derek

Old 12-18-2022, 08:03 PM

It looked like the inside of a snow globe this morning with big fluffy flakes, and we had a small accumulation but it melted then the wet spots froze into a coating of slick ice tonight. It's supposed to stay below freezing tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington