Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 07:08 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times

Advertisements

https://www.al.com/sports/2021/07/wa...media-day.html

Just IMO, this is no way to lead a Pac-12 football program. I understand the covid vaccine is voluntary, but you would think the head coach would want to set an example. Not cool, but just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 07:24 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,525,830 times
I agree but Washington State is near or at the bottom of the Pac 12 and I hadnt even noticed. Now if Cal or Stanford's coach did that; it would get national attention.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:17 PM

367 posts, read 304,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
https://www.al.com/sports/2021/07/wa...media-day.html

Just IMO, this is no way to lead a Pac-12 football program. I understand the covid vaccine is voluntary, but you would think the head coach would want to set an example. Not cool, but just my opinion.
He is setting an example, that being that people should be free to make their own life decisions.

Old 07-23-2021, 07:35 PM

3,244 posts, read 6,300,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
Oh you're a smart one - (SMH) if he lived alone in a cave you might have a point but coach is in close physical contact with 60 youngsters who themselves are in close contact with others.
The coach is setting a great example. It is the vaccinated ones that are becoming asymptomatic super spreaders.

Here is an example.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Angeles.html

"Australian socialite gave the Delta strain to SIXTY people in a single weekend despite being fully vaccinated"

This is exactly what Geert Vanden Bossche correctly predicted in March.

https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/p...oes-it-tell-us

"Vaccinees will soon constitute the predominant source of Sars-CoV-2 infection and cause a dramatic surge in viral infectious pressure.

As pre-symptomatic vaccinees will increasingly serve as a reservoir for Sars-CoV-2 infection, non-vaccinated persons should refrain from mixing with vaccinees"

Vanden Bossche also thinks the vaccinated will be more susceptible to variants.

"vaccine-resistant variants are highly likely to cause more (severe) disease in vaccinated as compared to non-vaccinated subjects." This is because the latter may still dispose upon a fully functional arsenal of CoV-nonspecific Abs provided they are seronegative for CoV-derived S protein.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

Another prominent scientist is also stating that the vaccinations are driving the creation of more infectious variants.

https://rairfoundation.com/bombshell...ting-variants/

"French Virologist and Nobel Prize Winner Luc Montagnier contends that “it is the vaccination that is creating the variants.”

"It is clear that the new variants are created by antibody-mediated selection due to the vaccination"

It is insane that an expert like Professor Montaginer is being ignored.

https://www.mediatheque.lindau-nobel...tes/montagnier

"Returning to France in 1965 as laboratory chief at the Institut du Radium, Montagnier used his discoveries to investigate oncoviruses. In 1972, he founded the viral oncology unit of the Institut Pasteur. He also co-founded the World Foundation for AIDS Research and Prevention which co-directs several Research Centers in Africa. "

He is also very concerned about the long term damage from the vaccines.

https://rairfoundation.com/nobel-lau...illness-video/

"Another concern Montagnier expresses is the possibility of side effects of vaccines that could be seen in “five to ten years” related to “neurodegenerative illness.”

Neurodegenerative disease is “an umbrella term for a range of conditions which primarily affect the neurons in the human brain” and is described as “incurable and debilitating conditions that result in progressive degeneration and/or death of nerve cells.”"

Old 07-24-2021, 09:19 PM

There is conclusive evidence the covid vaccination is safe.

Why some choose to not take it is beyond me. Political beliefs are the the most confusing to me. Medical beliefs can be more important on a case to case situation. Even then, the preponderance of evidence shows they do more good than bad. I know my post here won't convince anyone to get the vaccine, but perhaps I can shine a light on why this infection will not go away anytime soon. Sad, especially if political beliefs are driving this.

D. J. Trump got a covid vaccine.

Old 07-24-2021, 09:58 PM

The cougars are the weakest link in the pac12. They can’t compete and the conference should send them elsewhere IMO. It might even be advantageous for them.

Old 07-25-2021, 01:52 AM

8,071 posts, read 8,367,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
It is the vaccinated ones that are becoming asymptomatic super spreaders.

Here is an example.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Angeles.html

"Australian socialite gave the Delta strain to SIXTY people in a single weekend despite being fully vaccinated"
Tabloid news...

Provide a legitimate news source. Oh yeah, you don't have one...

Old 07-25-2021, 08:52 AM

335 posts, read 421,772 times
If the team sucks and the coach won't get vaccinated, why not replace him?

Old 07-25-2021, 01:21 PM

861 posts, read 1,062,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
If the team sucks and the coach won't get vaccinated, why not replace him?
Uhh...because he's still under a legal contract? Doubt Wazzu can afford to buy him out. Who would won't to coach there, after that happening?

Old 07-25-2021, 04:57 PM

1,066 posts, read 892,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
Uhh...because he's still under a legal contract? Doubt Wazzu can afford to buy him out. Who would won't to coach there, after that happening?
Vikings fired an assistant coach for refusing the vaccine, I doubt they will have a problem finding a vaccinated coach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: