Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2009, 06:44 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,634,401 times

Advertisements

I'm most likely moving to the DC area to take a job in Silver Spring, MD and I keep hearing Adams Morgan is the place to be if you're young and single and enjoy nightlife. I was wondering if anyone knows of some nice apartments on 18th Street in Adams Morgan that go for $1,600 for a studio or 1 bedroom? I was looking at Georgetown at one point as well but it seems Adams Morgan may be more of a happening place from what I've been hearing lately. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 08:20 AM

3,301 posts, read 11,724,065 times
I don't know how much is actually on 18th Street, and also I don't know if that'd be the best choice (lots of drunk people wandering around). I have friends living around 19th & Columbia (Gelmarc Towers, I think) and 20th & Florida. I think they pay somewhere around $1400 for a studio/efficiency.

Old 03-22-2009, 05:13 PM

10 posts, read 40,941 times
I'm in the same boat as you. I'll be moving up to the area in mid august for a job in rockville, and trying to figure out what the deal is with adams morgan. I've been there to go drinking several times back when I lived in college park, but that never included any trips through the neighborhoods to get an idea of what part to actually live in.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:24 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,724,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphinius81 View Post
I've been there to go drinking several times back when I lived in college park, but that never included any trips through the neighborhoods to get an idea of what part to actually live in.
Just going by what my friends say, when you look at a map aim at south of Columbia, near either the U Street or Dupont metros, unless you can go closer to Woodley Park. Mt Pleasant (up 16th Street) is also nice, but the main reasoning for this is to be close to a metro. Kalorama is also gorgeous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC