Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 01:26 PM

62 posts, read 107,508 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your comments! We will go check it out soon.

I read the reports on crimes and it seems pretty good from what I can tell. Some areas of the city are better than others, but overall seems really good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
Rockville is an okay place. It is a nice suburb from my understanding. I was visiting someone in downtown Rockville last weekend. It seemed like an okay place to live very quiet and there's a metro.
Good to know!

Old 08-30-2011, 02:09 PM

28,031 posts, read 29,196,505 times
It all depends on what you're looking for. You haven't really said.

Still overall, Rockville is a good place to live in the D.C. area. It has a lot of nice restaurants, shopping, offices, parks and residential areas. It has 3 metro stops with easy access to D.C., easy access to I-270, close to Bethesda and Potomac (2 of the wealthiest D.C. suburbs), Strathmore Music Center, etc. Also, Rockville has been experiencing a good amount of growth in recent years.

So, a lot of nice qualities about Rockville.

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 08-30-2011 at 02:18 PM..

Old 08-30-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It all depends on what you're looking for. You haven't really said.

Still overall, Rockville is a good place to live in the D.C. area. It has a lot of nice restaurants, shopping, offices, parks and residential areas. It has 3 metro stops with easy access to D.C., easy access to I-270, close to Bethesda and Potomac (2 of the wealthiest D.C. suburbs), Strathmore Music Center, etc. Also, Rockville has been experiencing a good amount of growth in recent years.

So, a lot of nice qualities about Rockville.
Thank you for your reply. I guess we are looking for an international area (I'm French), more liberal and environmental type area, family friendly, community oriented, with green spaces. Not really sure I can find this without having to commute a lot to McLean. DC seems really congested.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:27 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,899,703 times
I lived in Rockville twice as a kid and a teen. Once on the corner of Twinbrook pkway and Viers Mill Rd, and near Rt 355 and Edmonston Dr. The 1st area I lived in was not too far from Aspen Hill which itself is actually going downhill. The second place was a middle class area which was fairly nice area close to a plaza with a blockbuster (they're still around?), fitness first, bloom and a bunch of restaurants. I could be able to walk to a lot of places from my house such as best buy and the strip mall across from it. The 46 Ride on can take me to Rockville or Twinbrook station but I actually was impatient and decided to walk there myself.

It isn't a bad area and I didn't feel unsafe when I walked to the Twinbrook station in the evening time. Rockville seemed a bit more relaxed than other places in the county from my experience.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:32 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,899,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edamron View Post
Thank you for your reply. I guess we are looking for an international area (I'm French), more liberal and environmental type area, family friendly, community oriented, with green spaces. Not really sure I can find this without having to commute a lot to McLean. DC seems really congested.
My dad commuted to Burke, VA during our time in Rockville. Commuting to Burke was only a 1/2hr-45 min. Commuting FROM there was 1 hr for him.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:24 PM

656 posts, read 652,556 times
Rockville is the epitome of what I would look for in DC. Plentiful malls, the ability to drive seamlessly from one parking garage or parking lot to another to do shopping (no parallel parking required).

Old 10-26-2011, 02:20 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,770,577 times
I like Rockville, although MD-355 sucks.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:15 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,968,149 times
Rockville is no utopia but I consider it the best place in the DC area to live (as long as you commute by Metro). Rockville Town Center is a great place to hang out and you're on the Metro line. Traffic is as nightmarish as it gets. If you can afford it, go for it. They also have great public schools.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:36 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,771,475 times
Tons of unoriginality, everywhere you look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC