Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 10:25 AM

2,429 posts, read 3,567,162 times

Advertisements

Interesting article on food choices at the Tanger Outlet. Although I rarely find myself at a mall long enough to get hungry, I can see how for some it can be convenient and a benefit to that development as a whole. The point that I found a little humerus was the woman who felt that they should have more reasonably priced restaurants and shopping. This contradicts what other county residents have said about the need for higher end restaurants and shops.

Quote:
Jackie Brown, 56, of Fort Washington, said she does not come to the outlets often, but she would like to see better dining options.

“I like that it’s close to home,” Brown said. “It would be nice if they had more affordable restaurants and less high end stores.”

It is good to see that they are going to extend the shuttle service

Quote:
Linares said to give shoppers access to more eateries, the outlets will extend its shuttle service, which travels 1.9 miles from the outlets to downtown National Harbor on weeknights, to operate during all store hours on weekends and federal holidays next year, Linares said.
Outlets at National Harbor needs more dining, residents say -- Gazette.Net
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 12:04 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post
Interesting article on food choices at the Tanger Outlet. Although I rarely find myself at a mall long enough to get hungry, I can see how for some it can be convenient and a benefit to that development as a whole. The point that I found a little humerus was the woman who felt that they should have more reasonably priced restaurants and shopping. This contradicts what other county residents have said about the need for higher end restaurants and shops.

It is good to see that they are going to extend the shuttle service

Outlets at National Harbor needs more dining, residents say -- Gazette.Net
I somewhat see her point in that there aren't really other retail options that close so even though it's convenient, she would have to travel further if she wants something affordable. With that said, I would be curious what she did prior to last year. I mean I am sure she traveled to those same places so I am not quite sure what she expects. That's not the kind of development it is. Sometimes I wonder why they interview people like that.

With that said, I understand why they do not have restaurants there, I just think they need to do a better job making it more cohesive with the part of National Harbor that currently does have restaurants. It actually maybe a good idea to get parking validation to park down at the main National Harbor location for a couple of hours if you spend money at the outlets. They need to leverage those people down there until they get the restaurant row going. That could at least make up for the lack of restaurants there. That maybe better than the shuttles or at least they need to market the shuttles more because I haven't seen anything about a shuttle taking customers to restaurants.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I somewhat see her point in that there aren't really other retail options that close so even though it's convenient, she would have to travel further if she wants something affordable. With that said, I would be curious what she did prior to last year. I mean I am sure she traveled to those same places so I am not quite sure what she expects. That's not the kind of development it is. Sometimes I wonder why they interview people like that.

With that said, I understand why they do not have restaurants there, I just think they need to do a better job making it more cohesive with the part of National Harbor that currently does have restaurants. It actually maybe a good idea to get parking validation to park down at the main National Harbor location for a couple of hours if you spend money at the outlets. They need to leverage those people down there until they get the restaurant row going. That could at least make up for the lack of restaurants there. That maybe better than the shuttles or at least they need to market the shuttles more because I haven't seen anything about a shuttle taking customers to restaurants.

Yeah I think parking validation would be a good program to implement. I know that Gaylord offer free parking on Sundays if you eat brunch at that Italian restaurant. And I agree with you about the marketing of the Shuttle. I don't think the average visitor knows that its there or when it runs.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:18 AM

196 posts, read 206,015 times
What do you think the next big Development around National harbor be? -

Old 11-25-2014, 07:44 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,576,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampg1 View Post
What do you think the next big Development around National harbor be? -
Restaurant row near MGM.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:56 AM

130 posts, read 143,323 times
When do you think that will be announced?

Old 11-25-2014, 08:02 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,576,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmvwhatup View Post
When do you think that will be announced?
Not sure. Perhaps UrbanScholar knows.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Restaurant row near MGM.
And after that some type of transportation project to create greater accessibility.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Not sure. Perhaps UrbanScholar knows.
I don't know either but if I were to guess I would say either Fall of next year or Spring of 2016. Same would go for the Hotel near Tanger. Given their history, I don't see them starting those project prior to MGM at getting its framing up. I do think you will begin to see the renovation of that school that is going to serve as the training center for MGM by next summer. There will also be some new hotels breaking ground next year.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:37 AM

196 posts, read 206,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post
And after that some type of transportation project to create greater accessibility.
Is there any plan on Rivertowne Commons shopping Center and on the land previously proposed for wal-mart ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland