Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2014, 02:25 PM

7,084 posts, read 9,597,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post
I want to say that the space allocated was about 15K and for 9 to 10 shops. With the additional square footage added to the project (500K) my thought is that it will increase significantly. If not immediately definitely in the first 2 years after opening. The retail is going to mostly target female consumers. That said I could see Jimmy Choo, Fendi, D&G, Cartier, Tom Ford, Prada and few boutiques featuring a variety of upscale brands. They would definitely have a MGM store. Given the space, I would think that Cirque would not have its own shop but would be a part of the MGM Store. I would be interested in seeing the list of restaurants that they are courting or the events that they will have. With 3000 seats they could have multiple event occurring at the same time.
The original retail portion was going to be 42,419 sqft. according to the following document. The document, submitted at December, 2013, indicates that 9 stores are already leased. Here is the breakdown:

Quote:
Sundry (920 sqft.)
Logo (1,702 sqft.)
Entertainment Retail (1,042 sqft. Features items from shows at this and other MGM properties.)
Leased – 9 stores
38,755 sq. ft. total …..
1200 to 9500 sq. ft.
featuring many top retailers at other MGM properties

The MGM series of 9 retail stores are another matter. Qualitatively, MGM is touting that the store mix will feature top stores from other MGM properties. Such stores include the best-of-the-best as MGM operates and/or leases many upscale retail stores in Las Vegas. Over the MGM empire they also offer a variety of lesser stores so they are well able to align the store mix to the needs, wants, and expectations of their target markets. MI suspects, however, that such targets will not be gamers as much as they will be the “tourists” visiting the site and National Harbor as Local and Regional visitors have access to these same stores as MI suspects the same stores ware available elsewhere in the Greater Washington D.C. area.
So, all of the retail space is already leased. Interesting.

Also, there were going to be 14 restaurants (60,097 sqft.) with 5 being fast food. There will also be 4 bar/lounge venues with a total of 263 seats.

Quote:
Food:

Coffee/Snack Bar (25 Seats)
Fast Food/Food Court (310 Seats)
Sports Bar/Restaurant (270 Seats)
Noodle Bar (90 Seats)
American (180 Seats)
Barbeque (130 Seats)
Italian Bistro (135 Seats)
Asian Fine Dining (110 Seats)
Steakhouse and Lounge (185 Seats)
http://cdn.mdlottery.com.s3.amazonaw...ernational.pdf

The document gives a detailed view of the layout as well. Interesting read.

I forget, that extra 500k is going to be located adjacent to the property correct? Or is it part of the same structure? An extra 500k sqft of space is pretty huge. That's about the size of 10 full-size grocery stores. When was that extra space added? Recently, or before the Gaming Commission selection?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 08:49 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,571,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
The original retail portion was going to be 42,419 sqft. according to the following document. The document, submitted at December, 2013, indicates that 9 stores are already leased. Here is the breakdown:

So, all of the retail space is already leased. Interesting.

Also, there were going to be 14 restaurants (60,097 sqft.) with 5 being fast food. There will also be 4 bar/lounge venues with a total of 263 seats.

http://cdn.mdlottery.com.s3.amazonaw...ernational.pdf

The document gives a detailed view of the layout as well. Interesting read.

I forget, that extra 500k is going to be located adjacent to the property correct? Or is it part of the same structure? An extra 500k sqft of space is pretty huge. That's about the size of 10 full-size grocery stores. When was that extra space added? Recently, or before the Gaming Commission selection?
Thanks for the clarification about the square footage. I thought my number was low but was too lazy to look for the actual number. The extra 500k is going to be a part of the main structure. Some of it will be finished immediately and the rest as demand merits it. Thats what took construction cost to 1.2 B

Old 10-26-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification about the square footage. I thought my number was low but was too lazy to look for the actual number. The extra 500k is going to be a part of the main structure. Some of it will be finished immediately and the rest as demand merits it. Thats what took construction cost to 1.2 B
Cool. This is going to be a very nice resort when completed.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:24 AM

If 9 spots are already leased, I wonder why they haven't released the names of the retailers yet. Thought two years is a long time before they will ever open. Unless these are tentative leases.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
If 9 spots are already leased, I wonder why they haven't released the names of the retailers yet. Thought two years is a long time before they will ever open. Unless these are tentative leases.
My guess is that they are tentative leases. Aside from that they probably don't want release them so early that they competition has time to respond and they want the excitement to build.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:11 AM

130 posts, read 143,595 times
Will power fitness is reopening a bigger location in the harbor. Should be a nice addition for residents and people near the community.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmvwhatup View Post
Will power fitness is reopening a bigger location in the harbor. Should be a nice addition for residents and people near the community.
That would be cool. I was thinking over the weekend that they needed some type of fitness center to support their lifestyle brand.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:22 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,010,141 times
Quote:
That would be cool. I was thinking over the weekend that they needed some type of fitness center to support their lifestyle brand.
I thought about that before, but don't some of the condos already have workout facilities? I am not sure how beneficial it would be to have a fitness center too. Seems like that would attract more outsiders than people who actually live there.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I thought about that before, but don't some of the condos already have workout facilities? I am not sure how beneficial it would be to have a fitness center too. Seems like that would attract more outsiders than people who actually live there.
They do but that is restricted to the tenants of that building. It doesn't take into consideration the townhomes/brownstones being built or the 4000 to 6000 worker currently there. Of course there are nearby residents but current/future residents and employees could support a small fitness center. If 10 to 20 percent of employees and residents become member that would comprise a membership of up to 1200 before expanding to areas outside of the harbor. If they are smart they will make sure that they offer discounts to residents and pre-opening rates to establish a base.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:38 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,010,141 times
Quote:
They do but that is restricted to the tenants of that building. It doesn't take into consideration the townhomes/brownstones being built or the 4000 to 6000 worker currently there. Of course there are nearby residents but current/future residents and employees could support a small fitness center. If 10 to 20 percent of employees and residents become member that would comprise a membership of up to 1200 before expanding to areas outside of the harbor. If they are smart they will make sure that they offer discounts to residents and pre-opening rates to establish a base.
So where do you think they should build it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland