Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2019, 10:56 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,202,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Starting to play division 2 again as some new missions opened up.

Got tired of Spiderman, got two of the bad guys after they broke out of prison but got meh after that.

Try to make an attempt to play it through the main storyline. It was a bit trying for myself since I was feeling what you felt but it was worth it in the end. It's the DLCs where the difficulty spike occurs and becomes quite the chore to get through, even though the added content is pretty well done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2019, 06:33 PM

4,683 posts, read 3,890,597 times
I'm playing Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition. The game Fox News questioned about being the "Worst Game in the World", due to violence, profanity etc., as discussed on here in 2011.

Oh, Fox News.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:43 PM

29,540 posts, read 22,833,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Try to make an attempt to play it through the main storyline. It was a bit trying for myself since I was feeling what you felt but it was worth it in the end. It's the DLCs where the difficulty spike occurs and becomes quite the chore to get through, even though the added content is pretty well done.
Ok.

The game was going really well and then I hit a wall because I kind of got tired of doing the same thing basically.

Old 11-19-2019, 08:43 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,044,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Holy crap the rumors are true. It’s a Star Wars game, by EA, and it is fricken awesome. Played a couple hours last night and that is the most fun I’ve had gaming in a long long time.
I’m finding it meh.

Buggy. Storyline could be better. Character development is weak, 12 hours in and feel no real bond.

There’s many better Star Wars games. I’d wait and get it used.

Old 11-20-2019, 08:53 AM

17,413 posts, read 12,377,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
I’m finding it meh.

Buggy. Storyline could be better. Character development is weak, 12 hours in and feel no real bond.

There’s many better Star Wars games. I’d wait and get it used.
Gotta say I find it hard to see how you find it meh while having 12 hours in already on something that released 4 days ago. . Reviews are also excellent. But yeah one fair criticism is the development. Cosmetic poncho and lightsaber changes...yay. And the skill upgrade tree feels pretty linear since so much of it is locked out. Feels like half of an upgrade system and they should have either gone whole hog or just ditched it entirely.

What platform are you playing on? I’m on pc and haven’t noticed any bugs yet.

Old 11-20-2019, 09:59 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,296,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Gotta say I find it hard to see how you find it meh while having 12 hours in already on something that released 4 days ago. . Reviews are also excellent. But yeah one fair criticism is the development. Cosmetic poncho and lightsaber changes...yay. And the skill upgrade tree feels pretty linear since so much of it is locked out. Feels like half of an upgrade system and they should have either gone whole hog or just ditched it entirely.

What platform are you playing on? I’m on pc and haven’t noticed any bugs yet.
I didn't on Xbox One either, well one where a final animation clipped me past the wall, which is only one, and pretty common across games and platforms.

Storyline complaint is funny too, there's zero character development in any of the original trilogy (even the sacred episodes IV-VI), little in episodes I-III, and VII+ is a dumpster fire, that makes me just want to kill Finn with a rusty spork.

The only better SW games I can think of are 15+ years old. KOTOR is "better" but a different type of game, and I've tried to replay it recently on Xbox BC, and it's so dated even with improved graphics. Force Unleashed was a hot mess on release, FUII was really DLC quality for FU. X-Wing, and Tie-Fighter were great for the time, but I could play them on my phone with higher frame rates than the PCs of the time of release. They're also all consigned to the SW:Legends category now anyway, after 2014 all the SW Extended Universe was canned by Disney. Jedi:Fallen Order is canon, which is cool, we might see BD-1 in Rogue 2 or whatever between episodes III & IV.

Old 11-20-2019, 06:08 PM

11 posts, read 10,713 times
I'm playing Assasin's Creed Odyssey for the second time...with DLC's this time.

Old 11-20-2019, 11:38 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,525,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bFair View Post
I'm playing Assasin's Creed Odyssey for the second time...with DLC's this time.
I still have the DLC to go through. Is it all done now or is there still more content coming through?

Old 11-21-2019, 02:29 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,202,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I'm playing Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition. The game Fox News questioned about being the "Worst Game in the World", due to violence, profanity etc., as discussed on here in 2011.

Oh, Fox News.
Hatred has that game beat.

Old 11-24-2019, 03:26 PM

29,540 posts, read 22,833,084 times
I rented the latest Call of Duty game from Redbox.

So far it's really cool, like the modern setting of these games. It's on the easiest recruit level and it's actually too easy so might have to bump it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games